Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Alpha] Custom NPC

Hello Bdew

If you work later on the npc´s, can you make it so that we can check if the npc is walking around everywehre in the deed and second if its walking just along the streets?

Just an idea.

Eject

@bdew

Me again

For some reason, my custom npc´s lost the given name and go back to the name Custom NPC.

Maybe its after server restart....i have not look at it so exactly, but could be.

This is a little bit..not sooo good, because i restart my servers very often.

Can you look at it and/or maybe fix that?

That would be very awesome =)

Eject

Edited by Eject

On 2/3/2018 at 3:41 PM, Eject said:

If you work later on the npc´s, can you make it so that we can check if the npc is walking around everywehre in the deed and second if its walking just along the streets?

Will be added in the future.

39 minutes ago, Eject said:

For some reason, my custom npc´s lost the given name and go back to the name Custom NPC.

I'm not seeing this, the ones on my test servers are keeping their names and i've restarted it many many times over. Can you check if there are any related errors in your logs? Are you shutting down the server gracefully (e.g. via wand or RMI)?

• Like 1

Hello bdew

i restart the servers always with the wand. I dont know if its because the restarts, but i have no other idea.

Two days ago i renamed my npc´s and today morning i saw they have "Custom NPC" as name, i just know that i restarted my ervers yestarday morning because some changes in the settings.

Eject

ps. where can i look at the errors? i now have the server.log since the restart from yesterday, older i havent..i believe.

Edit: i found no warning next to my searchword "custom npc", it seems clean

Edited by Eject

Hi bdew,

The next time you modify this mod could you add an option to delete NPC movements from log? With only 4 NPCs moving into houses, I quickly arrived at a consistent server.log size. :)

Logging spam will be toned down when the mod is more mature, while it's in alpha i need the info for debugging :P

I have also noticed the NPC's losing names after a restart. I had roughly 15-20 in a town and about 75% lost the name that I gave them. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Governor said:

I have also noticed the NPC's losing names after a restart. I had roughly 15-20 in a town and about 75% lost the name that I gave them. 

Thats the problem i also have :/

The custom npc´s are very awesome, but if oyu make missions where one say "find john in the middle of the city...", than its a little bit hard ^^

Are those that loose the names have been renamed from the settings dialogue? As opposed to being named when spawning them? I think i know what's going on with that and will fix it in next version.

• Like 1

For me, yes i spawning them and then rename all.

Sugestion: Allow to spawn NPCs on Boats/cart/wagons.

For mechanic and test you can use bug: spawn 4 childrens, add him 31 body str and hitch in wagon. After children age up - he change position from hitch to wagoner and pasanger. I think this bug can help to find mechanic to spawn NPCs Crew on ships and carts.

In future: Allow peoples hire NPCs Crew on ship or somthing like this :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bdew said:

Are those that loose the names have been renamed from the settings dialogue? As opposed to being named when spawning them? I think i know what's going on with that and will fix it in next version.

Mine were all named using the custom npc menu settings. I did not try changing the name before spawning using the wand.

8 hours ago, DiWorm said:

Allow to spawn NPCs on Boats/cart/wagons.

I'd love to have NPC passengers on ships, carts and wagons.  :-)

If possible, can you add the ability to change the size of the npc? Also, the ability to toggle it aggressive to creatures would be cool too (custom guards). Thanks for your time ?

I have as decoration a fisherman but its not possible to equip a fishing rod.

Could you make it that this is working?

Eject

add: sitting npc´s would be awesome, but i believe this is not possible, or?

Edited by Eject

I will look into sitting/mounted NPCs. Not sure about equipping unequipable items. Maybe it will be possible to show them with the animation system when i get that done...

• Like 4

@Ejectyou can make a custom weapon and use fishing pole model then it should showif you put it in the npc hand.

• Like 2

Posting again in this thread for documentation purposes since I posted in the wrong section by mistake.

After adding the custom NPC mod, I noticed that Spirit Templars and Tower guards would no longer go to fight creatures. They just kind of stand there after the alert goes off but they don't bring up the attack animation or move. Will try to figure out if it's a mod conflict or not when I have more time. Nothing was in the log file about any errors for it.

I saw this a while back. Only on 1 out of 3 of my servers that had the mod. I couldn't find any conflicts.  I ended up removing for now. 

are the templars or guards just not fight if the mod is enabled, or after you create a custom npc?

i never saw this at my server, but ok, i was not looking at that

It all seemed fine for a few days after installing it. I didn't create any NPC's until after a day or so. Then i started to receive complaints about guards not responding and never moving at all. I only had 1 npc that had movement enabled. 

Also, the NPC names do not stay after server restart unless you set the name when using wand menu.

Edited by Governor

39 minutes ago, Governor said:

Also, the NPC names do not stay after server restart unless you set the name when using wand menu

I have problems like this but not sure now if it happens when you edit the name withthe wand or if it happens whit namechange while creating the npc.

Edited by Eject

Sorry guys this mod got put a bit on my backburner while i was busy with other projects but i'll get back to it soon(tm).

The name issue is known and will be fixed in next update.

And i'll try to reproduce the guards not moving thing but i haven't managed to get it to happen so far. If you have any suspicions as to when or how it's happening let me know.

• Like 2

I dont know if someone have spoken about this, but sitting/praying... npc´s would be very awesome if this is not too hard for you, but it would looks good if you like to bring life in a starter town or in  a event area.

@bdewcan you tell us about your idea with the quest/talking npc´s? how far is your work, i am very curious about htis feature ;)

Eject

add: oh i forget the waypoints

Sorry but for me, this mod is a premium one and i am very happy to run it on my servers :D

Edited by Eject