Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Alpha] Custom NPC

Okay, I'm able to dress my Custom NPC, but not by dragging and dropping the clothing into his Equipment slots, only by the Give command. I can also give him a mallet, but it doesn't show up. I set him to Static movement and he didn't budge.

Oooooohhhh right!!!! Yeah I didn't even think to try dressing through "give". I was indeed dragging and dropping into the equipment. Thank you so much for testing that out Batta! Good to know that I can at least dress them that way then!

• Like 1

this sounds amazing, cant wait to test! 

Can they be set so that they are sat at a table? Id like to make my taverns a bit more lived in. 

7 hours ago, CountZero said:

this sounds amazing, cant wait to test! 

Can they be set so that they are sat at a table? Id like to make my taverns a bit more lived in. 

They can be set to stand at the bar or beside a table.

Anyone know if this mod works with latest update/anything broken with it? (1.9.1.6 ATOTP)

Edited by Ignacius

8 hours ago, Ignacius said:

Anyone know if this mod works with latest update/anything broken with it? (1.9.1.6 ATOTP)

I don't think this has been working properly for quite a while now. 

7 minutes ago, Malena said:

I don't think this has been working properly for quite a while now. 

It has been working fine for us ever since it first came out.  Still working perfectly.

3 hours ago, Batta said:

It has been working fine for us ever since it first came out.  Still working perfectly.

Oh? ? I was having all kinds of problems last time I tried using it. And since it hasn't been updated since the last update, I haven't tried to do anything with it since. Maybe I need to try again.

So the troubles I was having:

• NPCs starting to walk through the furniture again
  • Setting their paths to walk a certain route was not working anymore. I had gotten it to work perfectly before
  • Whilst the old NPCs did not cause my FPS to drop, the new ones I tried creating, dropped it drastically and I was forced to remove them

Batta are you having any of these issues?

@MalenaWe're not having any of the issues you mentioned, though we've set most of our Custom NPCs to Static movement

14 minutes ago, Batta said:

@MalenaWe're not having any of the issues you mentioned, though we've set most of our Custom NPCs to Static movement

Right, for my purposes I'm trying to give an illusion of a town having "life", so that's why I like to have the NPCs walking around instead of just standing in place.

It kinda works but there's a lot of broken stuff with current WU versions. I need to find some time to actually work on it...

Pathing and visible equipment is definitely not working 100% right, i'm not sure about FPS drops as for a client an NPC should be equivalent to a player in render range (and cause similar levels of load) 

Is this mod still being worked on? If so, what is the current status? I've been using it on my single-player server and love how it fills up an otherwise empty land

Has anything been done with this mod? Is it still for version 1.6 only?

15 hours ago, Brian said:

Has anything been done with this mod? Is it still for version 1.6 only?

It works with the current version.

Thanks, Batta. I tried it out, and it seems like a great idea, but apparently it's still a bit buggy. I tried to get an NPC to wander around inside a pub, but it got stuck in some kind of funky loop; she kept teleporting every second or two because of some issue where she was out of bounds. It caused the whole server to be stuttery. I couldn't even find her to change the settings, so I had to restore a backup to get out of it. :(

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Thanks, Batta. I tried it out, and it seems like a great idea, but apparently it's still a bit buggy. I tried to get an NPC to wander around inside a pub, but it got stuck in some kind of funky loop; she kept teleporting every second or two because of some issue where she was out of bounds. It caused the whole server to be stuttery. I couldn't even find her to change the settings, so I had to restore a backup to get out of it. :(

I'm not using it currently due to similar issues.

7 hours ago, Brian said:

I think I haven't had any problems because all my Custom NPCs are set to static.

Yeah the mod is not fully working with recent versions, it's been on my back burner for a while and honestly with the uncertain future of WU i'm not sure i'll find the time or motivation to work on it more.

If anyone feels like adopting it - you have my blessing, all the code is on github.

is any way to create talk to NPC with choice more type conversations? i see on any server NPC...if i talk to him.....opening windows and i may choice from 3 options what i want talk about with many diferent answers....is it any mod or i only dont know all options of mission ruller?  thx ... (sry my english

if you create a zone for the NPC's to walk in the NE coords place instead the NW and in the SW coords place instead the SE coords, any other combo glitches but thats working for me atm

On 11/4/2019 at 5:03 AM, bdew said:

Yeah the mod is not fully working with recent versions, it's been on my back burner for a while and honestly with the uncertain future of WU i'm not sure i'll find the time or motivation to work on it more.

If anyone feels like adopting it - you have my blessing, all the code is on github.

It would seem to me that the lack of WU updating would be a golden moment to make all MODS stable instead of having to fix them constantly. Not only that but make more custom mods for WU only that might be time consuming but now possible since they too will not have to be constantly updated. Instead of cup half empty this is more a cup half full moment imo. I don't know anything about modding so this is just speculation on my part. 😉

Having the NPC's set to move around on the server causes the spirit templars on deeds to be unable to move after a little while. A restart fixes it, but after a while the problem returns. Once the NPC's were set to static, the templars had no more issues. Putting this here to help others that may be having the same issue as it took weeks to pinpoint the cause on my server.

Hi

I would like to ask you for a favor...can anyone do this?  -> remove from the code info about start movement and finished movement custom npc to log?

public void setNextMovement(IMovementStep nextMovement) {
if (nextMovement != null) {
CustomNpcMod.logInfo(String.format("New movement for %s: %s", getCreature().getName(), nextMovement.toString()));
}
this.nextMovement = nextMovement;
if ((next != null) && next.pollMovement(creature, creature.getStatus(), this, data, delta)) {
CustomNpcMod.logInfo(String.format("Movement finished for %s: %s", creature.getName(), next.toString()));
data.setNextMovement(null)

I think it slows down the system and fills the log unnecessarily

Thank you very much

My Custom NPCs are gone every time I restart the server - any idea what that might be?  They worked great, was able to clothe them, use talk to trigger missions.  They just don't survive the restarts...

On 8/7/2022 at 9:47 AM, Worfeus said:

My Custom NPCs are gone every time I restart the server - any idea what that might be?  They worked great, was able to clothe them, use talk to trigger missions.  They just don't survive the restarts...

This mod never came to full fruition. 1.9 breaks them and per Bdew guard pathfinding can become broken using this mod. Would recommend just using tower guard models (kill and preserve with taxidermy mod) for missions. This was definitely the mod for mission NPCs I agree, but unfortunately at this time there's not really a functioning mod that does the same thing.