Sign in to follow this  
Aetherion

Drum Roll for Affinity rolls

+1 If it is just a note in the even tab I will likely never notice the affinity change.  To much stuff scrolling by on a busy day.

• Like 1

Yes please let us know if we got lucky. I browse the skill tree rather rarely but would love to know if there is a change.

Should it be "only if actually happening?"

Unlike the rare roll which nobody seems to really like when roll /= rare.

Otherwise, +1, makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reylaark said:

Should it be "only if actually happening?"

Unlike the rare roll which nobody seems to really like when roll /= rare.

Otherwise, +1, makes sense.

I agree, only if you actually get something.

Do we not have a sound noteification for affinity yet?

How do i know i already got one?

There need to be a huge notification, ofc!!

+++1

Well, I would prefer all rolls, not only successful rolls. I know they feel disappointing, but here's the thing. The other day I mined for a few hours with a speed pick. I had no affinity effects, nothing, and it would have been nice to know if that elusive window opened already or not yet. If it is at approximately two hours, and if it works like rarity, it could have been at any point during those first two hours, then the second window again at any point including immediately after the first roll.

I would have liked to approximate somehow how I stand. Hey, if I saw three unsuccessful rolls I could have decided "pfft mkay not today". I would have liked to understand better their frequency. Like, does the "timer" resets after a window or not. Whatever details we can glean from experimenting. It'd give me something to think about while mining away.

But this way, with no clue, no feedback whatsoever, is more painful, not less! :)

/1c (rare one, to keep it near the topic)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anarres said:

Well, I would prefer all rolls, not only successful rolls. I know they feel disappointing, but here's the thing. The other day I mined for a few hours with a speed pick. I had no affinity effects, nothing, and it would have been nice to know if that elusive window opened already or not yet. If it is at approximately two hours, and if it works like rarity, it could have been at any point during those first two hours, then the second window again at any point including immediately after the first roll.

I would have liked to approximate somehow how I stand. Hey, if I saw three unsuccessful rolls I could have decided "pfft mkay not today". I would have liked to understand better their frequency. Like, does the "timer" resets after a window or not. Whatever details we can glean from experimenting. It'd give me something to think about while mining away.

But this way, with no clue, no feedback whatsoever, is more painful, not less! :)

/1c (rare one, to keep it near the topic)

I hear you, but in that case, I'd want a different sound for success versus failure. I really hate hearing the drum roll only to have it be nothing. (And in the case of the rarity roll, I don't think knowing you got the roll matters, since they can happen in a row.)

Actually, in case of a failure, I wonder about doing a timed affinity for specific period. Maybe give the player a half hour of whatever skill had the best roll (maybe stack on top of any food affinities, so it could still be a nice bonus).

+1

Gotta be pretty OCD or .. something else to even notice it.
plus one for a different sound, but a sound.
Or an overlay text. 

Edited by Steveleeb

Whatever is added - allow players to also turn that notification/sound off for this event

+1