Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Glass-making

Introduce glass-making to the game, doesn't have to be a skill either if your unable to figure out the code logic to add more skills or afraid it'll mess up affinity food. If that's a non-issue it would be interesting to have a new crafting skill based around this.

Glass-making, would allow people to craft glass using (sand+ash) in a crucible object which can be placed in a forge or a kiln, I would add a craftable component such as applying sand on the ash to get a (glass mixture) before adding it to the crucible. Add some tools to help shape the glass into various objects. However the main reason to do this is to make glass panes which can be added into windows of houses. You should also be able to tint these windows with the use of dye. This would make windows feel more useful, instead of it being just a hole in the wall literally.

Stankatd-Adams-colaboration.jpg

What notable things do you want added with the introduction of molten glass? Please comment below and thank you!

Edited by Niki
  • Like 6

+1

Just love the idea and all the possibilities it brings along.

Windows that are like tapestries ... I think stained glass would be the term?

Would be lovely for temples... but that would take huge windows, so would probably be a entire "special" wall thing. ^^`

Anyhow, can start small and expand upon it as usually.

• Like 1

+100 this hS been spoken about before, i dont know why the devs havent done it already?

+1 beside glass windows, there is opurtunity for rewamping alchemy here so i would use various glass items, vials, small destilators etc. Green houses with glass walls where we van keep herb planters for some benefits like picking 2 herbs instead of one, lees need to replant or something like that would be interesting, lenses for bronze/brass spyglasses craftable either with miscelanious or js. Glass medium size statues from tinted glass for decoration. Sunglasses that would go on mask slot and make us look even more cool :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niki said:

What notable things do you want added with the introduction of molten glass? Please comment below and thank you!

Greenhouses!!!! I want to craft a house COMPLETELY out of glass, and then allow it to give bonuses to gardening pots (or the racks that have the pots in them). Maybe walls could be 1 glass slab, 10 metal sheets while ceilings are 1 glass slab and 5 metal sheets. I dont know exactly, but theres something about bonuses to building specific areas that I really like. Not just getting the skill, tool, or ability from meditation etc.

Broken glass!!! Take a hammer and crush glass into shards of glass. Combine them into large piles and load them onto a catapult. Then, aim for the champion troll that has been bothering you and make him regret living. Cut damage!!!!

Also, I used to want windows, but the more i look out of them the less they seem like they are worth the time. Dying them may make it cooler, but idk so +.5 to me. 

• Like 3

+1

This game needs more content, and this idea can provide a lot of additional features.

I seriously hope a Dev is reading this. to be more specific and dev-friendly:

-New skill: glassmaking

-New material: Glass lump (Uses glassmaking) created by putting 20 kg sand and  1kg ash in glass crucible and heating in a forge. result QL follows the same rules of metallurgy with iron+coal. Quantity: 1kg glass.  The material behaves like a metal lump for combining, QL, decay, storage, heat handling.

-New item: glass crucible (blacksmithing, iron) : cauldron-sized crucible that can only fit ash and sand.

-New item: brass rod (Blacksmithing, brass)

-New item: glass blowpipe (blacksmithing, brass): impable brass tool to work glass. leather strip + brass rod.

-New item: glass ball (Uses glassmaking) made using glass blowpipe on glass lump(1kg). still combinable to increase size.

-New item: glass disk (Glassmaking, glass). Made by using mallet on glass ball (4kg)

Glass panes making process: similar to Crown glass process used in medieval times to keep it wurm-friendly. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_glass

-New item: small glass pane (Glassmaking, glass) Made by using scissor on glass disk (glowing from the heat) - used for lanterns,small items

-New item: medium glass pane (Glassmaking, glass) Made by using scissor on glass disk (glowing from the heat) - used for windows

-New item: large glass pane (Glassmaking, glass) Made by using scissor on glass disk (glowing from the heat) - used for greenhouses

Glass equivalents of pottery containers like jars, measuring jugs, etc.:

-New Item: glass XXX (Glassmaking, glass),made using glass blowpipe on glass ball. Attributes: identical to their pottery item but with half weight. Easy  to improve like cedarwood arrows. can be improved but NOT repaired - the first fail on imp will lock you up with current QL and DMG.

-New Item: glass bottle (Glassmaking, glass),made using glass blowpipe on glass ball. Contains 1.50KG of liquid. Sealable with a peg. Easy  to improve like cedarwood arrows. can be improved but NOT repaired - the first fail on imp will lock you up with current QL and DMG.

-New item: Brass lantern (Blacksmithing, brass) small anvil on brass lump for unfinished, add 4 small glass panes. same model as brass lamp heads. Identical to iron lantern functionality, but with brass lamp light, also takes 50% less damage over time, +20% light radius, +20% fuel duration compared to iron lantern of same QL.

-New item: handcrafted hand mirror - yes, the single use one given at char creation. Silver lump + small glass pane + lead sheet. Identical to Hand Mirror, consumed on use, only one per RL month can be used. Can not change gender (woudl be a problem with titles and tome spells) Craftable from 70+ glassmaking.

-New item: greenhouse(Fine carpentry) Can only placed outside, exactly like bee hives. behaves like a pottery planter rack but  halves the plant decay (faster growth too?). Complex "contibuable" item made with large glass panes, planks, beams, shafts..

This is just a start, but can be more than enough for a single patch. also screams for an alchemy revamp later on.

Edit: Titles: glassblower(50) Windowmaker(70) Glass Cannon(90) Swurmowski(100).

i might as well gather up more ideas and make a more complete and specific thread someday..

Edited by IrithAllyrin
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Niki said:

I would like to build a

- Glass bridge. :wacko: So i can walk on water

- Glass house ;) So i can write on the walls in an arcane language

- Glass slipper -_- So i can say she'll be back

- Glass :huh: So i can drink out of

- Glass painting :) So i can hang it up.

- Glass bottle :mellow: So i can server beer out of a bottle.

- Glass pipe :o So i can have a place to put wemp.

- Glass rose :wub: So i can give them out on valentines day

- Glass fragments :ph34r: So i can use it to cut.

- Glass tank :P So i have some where to put a whale

- Glass beads :mellow: So i can make necklaces

- Glass statue :huh: So i can make statue

- Glass powder :angry: So I call it pixie dust

Lol idk some weird idea's, It's early here. But yeah, glass has always been a good idea to add.

• Like 1

I'd like to be able to craft spy glasses, binoculars, or something similiar.  My transferred toons from Epic to Freedom had to leave their spyglasses behind.  I don't think there is any mechanic for me to earn another one on freedom.  So it's either create a new toon, premium it for a year and trade it, or buy one off the market from someone's alt, or just live without it.

Brass or Tin (Tin to differentiate it from the reward), couple pieces of glass.   Using jewelry skills.  

It's medieval setting. Glass should be only on a basic level. No fancy glass bridges, stairs etc.

• Like 4

I'm all for containers, windows (stained glass please) and other basic items but nothing fancy.

Although it needs to fit the time period. It should be almost opaque, not the crystal clear stuff we think of when talking about glass in todays age.

Edited by Budzilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

It's medieval setting. Glass should be only on a basic level. No fancy glass bridges, stairs etc.

It's medieval fantasy remember not just medieval :) we have drake trolls goblins ext

So why not glass towers as another example of medieval fantasy's  ?

11 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Very basic for sure, I agree. I think plenty of the suggestions before this one have been to grandiose imho.

+1 

Beside History, Big Glass pane windows would be nice.

Outside there is winter, and my door and windows is only portcullis.

(Even minecraft got glass)

I would like glass bottles and containers myself. Vases for flowers and wine bottles especially. :D 

• Like 1