Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Have you Scored a Affinity yet?

Boy you guys are all lucky! Been actively playing again for a couple weeks and no new affinity yet.

[00:31:11] You realize that you have developed an affinity for soul.

l am a soul man.. uha .. i am a soul man...blah blah blah...

i got this while killing somethng or another..

2 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

Boy you guys are all lucky! Been actively playing again for a couple weeks and no new affinity yet.

Just random luck. Had 30-40k mining actions before finally getting one. The walking past a hell horse that attacked me I got a large metal shield affinity. Lol

• Like 1

last maple season +nature for me..(my 1st), else was stuck with 'soul'

Well, as I feared, my first three affinities turned out to be the USELESS TRIFECTA:

https://imgur.com/ET2sIEx

Add my starting affinity of Huge Club and just one more, and I'll have a Bingo.

the first one is useful sorta..but uha soul and mind who cares... i didnt like me soul one either .. but its a good start

13 affinities gained here... (I think Epic's faster actions may help...)

EDIT: that's 13 on my main, I've gained a few on alts as well.

Edited by Roccandil

Tuesday or wednesday (cant remember) i got Misc Items affinity and was a bit happy, then yesterday a mining affinity popped up and i got delirious with happiness as im skilling mining :) So now there wont be more affinities gained in 5-15 years :P

Still not a single one since this update....

I feel like I was put on a blacklist or something.

I was making bricks for my house and got a stone cutting affinity. Two days I was mining for Slate to make my pathway and got a mind logic affinity. I realize this is a rare occurrence... my Deed-mate has been playing for about 8 years (on and off) and still hasn't gotten his second... From reading these posts i guess im just supremely lucky?

i have gotten 22   2x body  2x body str 2x body stam  4x pickaxe  4x misc items 1x bs 1x mining 1x normal fighting  1x mind 2x soul 1x soul str 1x stone chisel

well, given you have 2 hours for a 15s window with each related skill being a 1/500 chance to appear.

Lets say an action affects 4 skills, lets also say we can do 2 actions in those 15seconds.

that creates so a rough estimation would be:

(1/(2*4*1/500))*2hours. Thats averagely 125hours of just raw theoretical grinding to get an affinity. But those odds get heavily reduced when those 15s happen and you don't do anything skill related, like just walking. or if an action involves only 2 skills. So all the other actions like eating and drinking walking. clicking stuff in the inventory are putting your 15s timeframe at danger of not happening.

I finally got one!

Yes, after many weeks of accumulated real time spent mining and tracking, I randomly killed something with an axe and got Axes.

Sometimes I hate this game.  Or it hates me.  Whichever.  FML.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, PWreset said:

Lets say an action affects 4 skills, lets also say we can do 2 actions in those 15seconds.

Wait what? My targeted actions are between 20-30sec, are you saying I'm ******* ?

Almost sure I scored an affinity with action above 20sec.. once...could be wrong who knows...been a while since that happened...(wiki's probably not tracking patchnotes if that have changed, etc.. usual stuff)

Still hoping for mining/wc/body.control/ML any of that.. could be useful.. else..last 3x I had were on cooking x2 and archaeology x1.

Figured a good way to fish these.. but working toward this is really really ...... annoying just thinking about it.. rather just leave it to rng and pray for months.... to get 1, it's how it works for most anyway, seems to work well~ :)