Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Have you Scored a Affinity yet?

On 1/21/2018 at 8:05 PM, JakeRivers said:

So much crying in this over the new system.

I just wanted to see who gets a new affinity, take your complaints to suggestions.

I got a miscellaneous items affinity ! Lol

I also don’t really mind the setup. If each affinity gives 10% gains, getting 5 easily (if it was at the same rate as the first) would be too easy from grinding. I feel like most people would have 5 in all the characteristics then. . .

• Like 1

On 1/18/2018 at 8:05 PM, Niki said:

PeacefulThoroughBrahmancow-size_restrict

Thanks for the clarification.

i miss that show

• Like 1

no affinity yet, but i've been hearing people get like several on same character seems unfair

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Niki said:

no affinity yet, but i've been hearing people get like several on same character seems unfair

Depends on what you do, I'm pretty sure most people are getting their affinities from actions that are fairly quick and offer skill easily. First person to get a meditation affinity deserves a gold crown.

I've gotten two more affinities, each on a different priest alt (Cooking/Farming).

[22:24:44] Body has increased to rank 1 affinity

[10:24:41] Body strength has increased to rank 1 affinity

Don't see any issues with new aff gains so far, even with long skilling timers.

Edited by bangzuvelis
  • Like 1

Body and Soul so far.  I have been mining for bout 3 days.  Not unexpected results.  Thanks Devs!

So, I am wondering how you guys/gals notice that you receive an affinity if you have that huge green message turned off that flashes across your screen? Let's say you might be creating bricks/mortar and have 6 queued up while on the other screen or computer you are doing something else. Then you might not notice in the Event tab when you receive and affinity. Also playing with sounds turned off on the computer and no "Logs" being recorded as well.

It seems to me that there should be some separate notification when an affinity is received otherwise you may never notice when receiving one. Not quite sure how this could be accomplished under the circumstances that I described. The only way then would be to open the Skills Tab at the end of the day and check every skill for a new affinity. Maybe if the new affinity would turn that skill color to green in the Skills Tab then it would be pretty easy to check them for any new affinities. Then when the Skills Tab is closed it could remove the green color upon the next opening of it so any new affinities would again highlight green when it is opened the next time.

=Ayes=

Ayes you can make a trigger with Wurm Assistant  with sound notification or just with text.

8cf41f87482978b2ef7209815c375d5f.png

Edited by Aonime
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ayes said:

So, I am wondering how you guys/gals notice that you receive an affinity if you have that huge green message turned off that flashes across your screen?

I didnt notice it at all. I just saw it while checking some other skills. I usually always have the characteristics skills expanded, and there the little star was.

Edit: my message was found in skill tab.

Notification in WA would have been awesome. Exactly how and what i dont know. 

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

A very nice one:

[20:47:24] Weapon smithing has increased to rank 1 affinity

• Like 8

[02:13:36] Carpentry has increased to rank 1 affinity

Of course, I'm already 93+ skill in it...so that's almost like a slap in the face...

• Like 1

I never notice them, unless I'm checking where I am in a skill. Before the change I gained a mind logic one.

Got an aggressive fighting one while out hunting trolls. Got a digging one on another hunting trip burying trolls. The digging one was meh, as I'm 95 digging.

• Like 1

Still nothing so far. Even though I have gotten shipbuilding from 77 to 88, cooked about 15k meals, did random stuff here and there.

fgJP3rb.gif

But for real, do the characteristic category skills even do anything? I got a Soul affinity, seems about as useful as my Huge Clubs starter affinity.

Also, there needs to be more notification when gaining an affinity. If it wasn't for my Wurm Assistant trigger, I wouldn't even know I have it.

Edited by LaRue