Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Have you Scored a Affinity yet?

Who has won the fantastic lottery, please tell us your fortune!

• Like 1

Ill come back to you in a year and tell you that i still havent got any. :D

Really just bumping for interest. :ph34r:

I hope it's really not as rare as fantastic, cause whats the point.

It's nowhere near as rare as fantastic, I'll clarify a little because I've heard some people getting the wrong idea

For every window, it checks every single successful skill check, so a roll of 0-100, not a tick, (1.01-39.99)  and rolls the chance for each one

so it's not like it picks one skill check throughout the entire window (or the first) and applies a 1/500 chance to that, it's literally a 1 in 500 chance to EVERY successful skill check within that window until one succeeds or the window closes

• Like 4

Nah, it's simple, here's the math and the point of the window of opportunity to gain an affinity..

Spoiler

0xCtAz5.jpg

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It's nowhere near as rare as fantastic, I'll clarify a little because I've heard some people getting the wrong idea

For every window, it checks every single successful skill check, so a roll of 0-100, not a tick, (1.01-39.99)  and rolls the chance for each one

so it's not like it picks one skill check throughout the entire window (or the first) and applies a 1/500 chance to that, it's literally a 1 in 500 chance to EVERY successful skill check within that window until one succeeds or the window closes

from what I can see its more rare than getting a supreme

so just as well be as common as fantastic or getting a tome off a drake

16 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

from what I can see its more rare than getting a supreme

so just as well be as common as fantastic or getting a tome off a drake

the chance per action is 1/500, but say, consider mining, upwards of 10 skill checks every action, 3-4 second actions means about 4 actions in a given window, meaning 40 checks of 1/500

if it were a roll only one skill check during that window, it would be incredibly rare, but it's not, it;s on every one within the window

• Like 1

if you want to know the chance to get any affinity within the 15s window, it depends on the number of ticks you get in that 15s - i used
(0.998)^x=1-y
where x is number of ticks in your window and y is probability of getting an affinity in that window

for example if you have 52 skill ticks you would have about 10% chance of getting an affinity

for 347 ticks its 50%

1% for about 5 ticks

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

the chance per action is 1/500, but say, consider mining, upwards of 10 skill checks every action, 3-4 second actions means about 4 actions in a given window, meaning 40 checks of 1/500

if it were a roll only one skill check during that window, it would be incredibly rare, but it's not, it;s on every one within the window

Has this been tested on the test server?

So... body soul and mind affinities are going to be super easy to get? Should we start grinding now with the fastest tools we have before anything changes?

6 minutes ago, Kurson said:

if you want to know the chance to get any affinity within the 15s window, it depends on the number of ticks you get in that 15s - i used
(0.998)^x=1-y
where x is number of ticks in your window and y is probability of getting an affinity in that window

for example if you have 52 skill ticks you would have about 10% chance of getting an affinity

for 347 ticks its 50%

1% for about 5 ticks

Bear in mind it's not ticks that show in your window (theyre results of 1.01-39.99). It's for all > 0 rolls, so 5 ticks would likely be one action when you include main skill, parent skills, sub skills ,tool skills, misc skills, stats 

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

So is there a message or something for when you get a new affinity?

"x has increased to rank x affinity" in skills

"You realize that you have developed an affinity for x" or "You realize that your affinity for x has grown stronger" in events, and will pop up in middle of screen like the close to bee hive message.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tpikoll said:

I got aggressive affinity.

triggered

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The notes say on average, the window will open once every two hours. Is that two hours of play time, or two real time hours, regardless of whether or not you're logged in?

Can the window be extended by the player's deed, like the rarity window?

27 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

The notes say on average, the window will open once every two hours. Is that two hours of play time, or two real time hours, regardless of whether or not you're logged in?

I imagine it's the same as rare window, since same average time. so every second it rolls a number out of 36000 and if it's 1 50% chance the window opens.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

3 hours ago, armyskin said:

I hope that saccing supremes in an altar doesnt count.

Sowing affinity here I come.

• Like 1

In B4 nerf!

There will be a lot of trees dying this weekend.

Edited by griper

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

I imagine it's the same as rare window, since same average time. so every second it rolls a number out of 36000 and if it's 1 50% chance the window opens.

it;s not the same average time.

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

this is the problem that i see with everyone right now. you mention mining. so what?

i have 99.99 mining and 100 digging. so yes, i certainly would have a fair chance of an affinity if i would be using high speed tools.

but what about the other 99% of players doing the other 99% of skills?

the 15 second window is so short that most players grinding a crafting skill with queued actions and coc only tools already have a longer action timer on their 3rd or so imping action.

the same applies to priests. if you look at the priest spell list you will notice that no commonly used spell could be used even once in this window.

so youre gambling a 1/7200 chance per second to open the window to get lucky to actually finish your cast within those 15 seconds to have a 1/(500+500*affinities) chance to get an affinity in channeling. you wont get a second chance during this window unless all you ever do is spam light tokens. need to sacc to regain favor for another cast? well youre out of luck.

tl;dr: stop looking only at the best cases possible and instead choose proper actions as an indicator. whats the use of a system like this if its only reasonably possible on a handful of actions?

Edited by Arium
  • Like 14