Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

going to be a stinker here today

i live in tasmania, which is the small island below australian continent.

its going to be 34 here which equates to around 94 farenheit for you in the USA.

just got a message from someone who lives in metro melbourne and they said it was 38degrees and it's just after 10 am

summer in australia.. the place to be.. IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT LOL

• Like 2

It got to 41 Celcius which is 107 F by 3pm, was a wee bit warm ;p

• Like 1

Make sure not to wear your woolies thongs outside, they'll melt and get stuck to the sidewalk. I've seen a few abandoned pairs out already.

LOL, where are you from @Oblivionnreaverand @Rhianna

i'm from northern Tasmania, we had 33 here today, in the end. i cant believe i used to live the 40C days, when i resided in WA, now i cant handle it.. getting old and soft, me suspects haha

Western sydney suburbs. 39 degrees today, heat just gets stuck here and doesn't leave until around 11pm. It's expected to be 35+ nearly every day this week too. Bring back winter already.

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Western sydney suburbs. 39 degrees today, heat just gets stuck here and doesn't leave until around 11pm. It's expected to be 35+ nearly every day this week too. Bring back winter already.

yikes, that's just not nice.. you can have that all to yourself.. a part of me wants the cooler weather too..but then another part says #girlsinsummerclothes lol..

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Make sure not to wear your woolies thongs outside, they'll melt and get stuck to the sidewalk. I've seen a few abandoned pairs out already.

wait, it's so hot that your undies are melting?!?  Seriously, y'all need to get out of that hell hole!  Even Nevada isn't that bad!

I believe they're called "Flip-flops" or "Sandals" in uncultured societies, and shouldn't be worn as underwear. If you have been wearing them as underwear and they're melted to the sidewalk, i'd consult a medical professional as soon as you can.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 4

aaah, that makes more sense.  I stand by the hellhole opinion, tho.

• Like 1

that feel when you gotta light the house on fire to cool it down

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wonka said:

aaah, that makes more sense.  I stand by the hellhole opinion, tho.

Australia is far from a hell hole cobber, australia is is the best place on earth.. The  weather gets a little extreme... Arond may or june it will be so cold, you will see penguins skating around the living room lol (note sarcasm)...

11 hours ago, ozmods said:

i cant believe i used to live the 40C days, when i resided in WA 

You must have lived in Yakima/Spokane or similar in Eastern Washington, where summers are hot and winters are cold.   Might as well live in utah, then. 

Western Washington (and Oregon, and SE Alaska) are all pretty moderate, this is Seattle (and Juneau and Portland are not far off):

Annual high temperature:58.8°F

Annual low temperature:45.1°F

Average temperature:51.95°F

That's like 7-15 celsius for those of you outside USA.  I get grumpy when temps go above  25C. (I just checked the Weather page for my area, its currently 7C)

Tradeoff?  It is VERY WET.   Not a lot of difference between an average summer day and an average winter day (with occasional strong exceptions)  In fact, Sitka Alaska is an actual rainforest.  We rarely ever had snow and it rarely ever got very cold. They call it Alaska's Banana Belt. 

S'ok with me as I like Moss Inducing Climates.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Sounds very cold Brash - 16 years in Australia has me acclimatised to hotter weather, and thats coming form someone who grew up with temperatures rarely getting above 20C (New Zealand)

wow, 19F in Miami?!?!?!

DUH, silly me. Google tells me that is Celsius. I personally think 66 Farenheit is like, the most perfect temperature in the world.  

Stranger things have happened than 19 F in Miami:

>Even Florida dropped to 2 degrees below zero on Feb. 13, 1899, in Tallahassee. This occurred during an Arctic outbreak during which numerous all-time record low temperatures were set, including Washington D.C. (15 degrees below zero); Atlanta, (9 degrees below zero); and Dallas (8 degrees below zero).https://weather.com/news/climate/news/coldest-temperature-recorded-50-states

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

3 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

You must have lived in Yakima/Spokane or similar in Eastern Washington, where summers are hot and winters are cold.   Might as well live in utah, then. 

wrong country dude, or dudette, WA is western australian.. not USA LOL..

yesterday's heat knocked me for a sixer, it hit me so hard i slept in till after 9am this morning, usually i'm up and having my first nescafe by 8-830am.

It was 29F here couple years ago. We were piling floridian corpses in the street and using them as firewood. 

Its 6:50pm and it dropped to 18°C and the fact that the AC in my office is blowing on full cold is making us wish we were dead. 

• Like 1

2°C here mate, winter on north globe :D One of the mildest so far in Serbia, it usaly goes bellow zero and summers are around 35°C when it's hot but 30°C is almost optimal temperature for me, i hate cold :D

On 1/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, Angelklaine said:

It was 29F here couple years ago. We were piling floridian corpses in the street and using them as firewood. 

Its 6:50pm and it dropped to 18°C and the fact that the AC in my office is blowing on full cold is making us wish we were dead. 

18°C? That's t-shirt weather over here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Budzilla said:

18°C? That's t-shirt weather over here.

We Floridians like our warm weather thank you very much!

• Like 1

We are xpecting 35C both saturday and sunday,... Its going to be a real hot weekend coming up..