Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

The final change to alt abuse

3 minutes ago, Rasu said:

And yet all we are asking for is a mechanic in place to make deaths matter more on a PvP server where the majority of the "PvP" we have seen is just an alt trying to grief because there is no penalty besides a small body str loss of .01

Not all just TC ;)

• Like 2

no when TC start to use alt abuse to grief you will then be back here asking for changes, we see that sometimes it's best to abuse the system you guys are defending then quote you how it's ok when you complain.

Change now for a better tomorrow. 

I'd rather you send a digger to dig a hole outside the deed, that destroy houses, dig down deed walls, mine down to token pit, and drain.   

no i send a dirt caster outside the deed who dirts a trench down to rock with no loss when i die, or to grief landbridges or to grief roads

Or we break into your Token and send alts to keep jumping in and get the drain so we don't have to climb in with our scale/drake
or when you're out trying to raid we'll come and keep dragging catapaults, stealing backup horses, killing cart horses, dropping dirt on trebs
or if you're bashing a tower we run alts out naked to repair. 

Just because you rather see an alt than get raided, doesn't make the alt right. It's alt abuse if you defend that you'll be raided anyway. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

If you haven't experienced this yet then it will be hard to understand how game breaking and annoying this is. Which is why with the current update, this is a cherry, something that covers the other side of alt abuse outside of affinities 

You're right, I haven't experienced this, but as a rule I'm against punishing legitimate players for the actions of abusers.

If this is really a problem, then what I'd want to see is the devs ban it, and then enforce the ban with GMs. For instance, a deed engaging in this kind of behavior could get a temporary CR nerf.

Counting as a pve death could be ok, I fear that it's highly abusable to grief new players, and then add in losing faith.  To a legitimate new player getting their priest going could be very hard work, and it could be very discouraging to have your classic noob hunting group that always exists come on by for their daily fix of easy kills having a laugh at the noobs they're hurting.  Maybe this isn't a thing on chaos, no idea, but it's certainly been a thing on epic for years with certain groups.  I've always been against alt abuse for fs/affinities, but I'm also against things that would harm new players which this game desperately needs

Same thing for the second point, I get the intention, but this is also exactly what a noob will do when their deeded wooden shack and fence is being raided, so when they think they're trying to defend or save their stuff or their cows and suddenly they can't respawn and are stuck sitting there while their house gets knocked down and their cows killed, they aren't going to wait to respawn, they'll just hit X and say well screw this game it sucks

An older idea I've had tossed around in my head that now could work with the affinity changes:

If an account has 20fs OR 21 body str OR 21 body control, they drop a death tab.  Pretty easy and simple, doesn't cover every situation but a pretty big aid

Could even add that if it had these before losing premium it drops a tab too, but undecided on affinity loss since it needs to be prem to gain

Edit#27 probably a bad idea for the non prem death tab unless it can remove stats/fs from the actual skill otherwise it would be abusable with no loss to alt

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 1

Apply the death penalty to every character that's logged in from the same IP in the last hour. The more you abuse, the more you lose.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mclavin said:

A cherry change to the affinity changes and how alts are treated. This has nothing to do with the affinity system itself and is more aimed towards alt abuse.

• When a player below 20FS dies to a player, it should count as a PVE death with the player losing body stats + their 3 highest skills including faith. This will stop intentional alt abuse on characters that have high crafting but no fighting skill or priests with channeling.
    If a player kills you, you only lose fight skill and 0.01 body str. Making Sub 20FS players who cannot drop an affinity or pop a tab during pvp lose these skills will give some form of punishment.

• When you die in quick succession over and over (probably from running an alt out to grab a catapult) you should be put onto a 5 minute respawn timer, with each death after that giving an additional 5 minutes.
    This timer should apply until an 1 hour cool down has reached and you haven't died, then return to normal if killed.
    This will protect accounts if Hijacked from suicide/respawning and will help prevent alts from running out of a deed over and over and over to grief a raid or to grief in general. 

Small changes which only affects PVP, I feel the respawn one could help PVE in case of a hacked account.

Huge +1, especially the second point with respawn timers. Would go a long way in a variety of scenarios.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.  If you are a 90 digger with 20 fight skill, that's your choice, and you should not be punished for your playstyle.

A death "mattering" is irrelevant.  The only thing being under 20 FS grants is not popping a death tab.  Re-gaining fight skill is easy to do, even at 70 FS.  This is nothing more than yet another change proposal that only benefits one kingdom.

When I saw the title of this post "Alt abuse", I'm thinking of non-premium toons.  

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 3

ip blocks wont help at all, incentive to cheat is way too good to be stopped by the lack of a few proxies. @Darmalus

+1 for penalties, tho... it's probably not enough, cheaters will always find a way to steal a few more skill ticks and affinities.

@ Mclovin - maybe you should change the name of the thread so people aren't confusing this with affinity farming.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wargasm said:

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.  If you are a 90 digger with 20 fight skill, that's your choice, and you should not be punished for your playstyle.

So your playstyle should protect you losing skills because you didn't get 20 fight skill to drop a tab/affinity? 

So basically, you should be allowed to be an alt abuser with no penalty towards the time you make others take?

Remember this is for players Under 20 fight skill who don't lose anything to PVP deaths. Your skills shouldn't be protected as a PoK just because you want to throw yourself at players. If you know the risks, get 20 fight skill and pop the tab to protect your skills. You won't even lose the affinity if you have just 1.

Edited by Mclavin

you piss people off to the point of them doing that u should take ever bit of it and love it... because you made it....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

If you know the risks, get 20 fight skill and pop the tab to protect your skills. You won't even lose the affinity if you have just 1.

Death tabs are a very poor excuse to warrant PvE death losses just to pad your numbers.  Are you guys seriously getting THAT bored on Chaos?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, icbash said:

you piss people off to the point of them doing that u should take ever bit of it and love it... because you made it....

gets mad, uses alts to get back at them instead of doing anything significant like i dont know.. trapping for kills or raiding?  it's like getting mad a bully pushed you in school and then calling them a stinky face thinking boy you really got them good!!!!!!

frothing at the mouth for not being able to easily get that 5th milking affinity is no justification for keeping toxic behavior in the game

1 minute ago, MrGARY said:

gets mad, uses alts to get back at them instead of doing anything significant like i dont know.. trapping for kills or raiding?  it's like getting mad a bully pushed you in school and then calling them a stinky face thinking boy you really got them good!!!!!!

frothing at the mouth for not being able to easily get that 5th milking affinity is no justification for keeping toxic behavior in the game

When your out numbered in war.. you dont face your foe head on ...

For one when i got bullied in school i waited till he was alone and not have his friends and i broke both of his legs. with a iron pipe...

And lets talk about toxic you cheating TC/Rome POS!!!
1 Your destoryed Epic to the point people felt sorry for u so they let you bring your toons to freedom..

2 Your group  hacked MR forums and stole/exploited... and forced them to quit..

3 Your group pushed off choas the people that let you into there kingdom. to get your footing on choas (jk)..

4 Bullying people to play like you want or u crush there deeds... or Pay me X to stop....

Do you want me to keep going about your toxic ways?

if alts don't piss ya off why  ya pushing so hard to nerf them then... becuz your getting triggered and everyone knows it..

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, icbash said:

and forced them to quit..

no one forced us to quit, we left chaos as the meta game and the exploiting was out of hand, from what I hear nothing has changed since

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Just now, JakeRivers said:

no one forced us to quit, we left chaos as the ability to teleport anywhere anytime was gone

FTFY

No matter what you say TC tells everyone they 'forced' you to quit, as they 'forced' JK to quit

2 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

FTFY

hey, we let you have kinders after that change, still took a while for that to go down though

we adapted, but it was the account stealing and the continued use of exploits were the final straw

4 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

no one forced us to quit, we left chaos as the meta game and the exploiting was out of hand, from what I hear nothing has changed since

2 minutes ago, Beastwolf said:

No matter what you say TC tells everyone they 'forced' you to quit, as they 'forced' JK to quit

sorry jake and beast meant no disrespect

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, icbash said:

When your out numbered in war.. you dont face your foe head on ...

For one when i got bullied in school i waited till he was alone and not have his friends and i broke both of his legs. with a iron pipe...

And lets talk about toxic you cheating TC/Rome POS!!!
1 Your destoryed Epic to the point people felt sorry for u so they let you bring your toons to freedom..

2 Your group  hacked MR forums and stole/exploited... and forced them to quit..

3 Your group pushed off choas the people that let you into there kingdom. to get your footing on choas (jk)..

4 Bullying people to play like you want or u crush there deeds... or Pay me X to stop....

Do you want me to keep going about your toxic ways?

if alts don't piss ya off why  ya pushing so hard to nerf them then... becuz your getting triggered and everyone knows it..

idk where you're coming from but

1  im mr on epic from the start in oct 2011 and still am now never converted??

2+3 i was mr wild from the start 8 years ago, was one of the two people that formed the mr alliance when chaos came out of pve days into alliance warfare (me+nadroj), and was there forming empire of mr pmk, and stayed in the pmk until and after leaving chaos in like 2013 or something but stayed in kingdom and even helped out where i could on their forums because im that kinda guy.  i have never been back to chaos and am still the default freedom kingdom from after emr disbanded

4 sparta lol

but yes tell me about my toxic ways, tell me what events you've seen me at on chaos.  probably the two closest things i've been involved in were helping delete a bl deed on epic with wrath of mag and draining mclovins deed on epic with an alt named throwaway to troll him, yeah thats the guy you hate

keep failing miserably to detract from the fact that abusing alts for literally anything has never benefited this game.  i have -never- been tc/rome, and i have -always- supported ending alt abuse

• Like 2

yes keep pushing for the bigger kingdom.. and you will keep having prob..

You can call a prem toon a alt.. its paying its dime..

you guys tried to say killing alts wasnt abuse because it's paid for aswell. So if I exploit on blood it isn't exploit cause i paid for my account? what???