Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

The final change to alt abuse

A cherry change to the affinity changes and how alts are treated. This has nothing to do with the affinity system itself and is more aimed towards alt abuse.

• When a player below 20FS dies to a player, it should count as a PVE death with the player losing body stats + their 3 highest skills including faith. This will stop intentional alt abuse on characters that have high crafting but no fighting skill or priests with channeling.
    If a player kills you, you only lose fight skill and 0.01 body str. Making Sub 20FS players who cannot drop an affinity or pop a tab during pvp lose these skills will give some form of punishment.

• When you die in quick succession over and over (probably from running an alt out to grab a catapult) you should be put onto a 5 minute respawn timer, with each death after that giving an additional 5 minutes.
    This timer should apply until an 1 hour cool down has reached and you haven't died, then return to normal if killed.
    This will protect accounts if Hijacked from suicide/respawning and will help prevent alts from running out of a deed over and over and over to grief a raid or to grief in general. 

Small changes which only affects PVP, I feel the respawn one could help PVE in case of a hacked account.
Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Jakeii said:

+1 This will help a lot imo. :) 

Help what?  Help keep players from trying to counterbalance your kingdom, which currently vastly outnumbers all others combined?  If it's a non-prem alt, they can't see local list.  If it has sub 20fs, they are very easy to kill.  If it's prem, then subscription money is going into the game to support it's operational costs.  All this suggestion does is hurt the game imo.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

Help what?  Help keep players from trying to counterbalance your kingdom, which currently vastly outnumbers all others combined?  If it's a non-prem alt, they can't see local list.  If it has sub 20fs, they are very easy to kill.  If it's prem, then subscription money is going into the game to support it's operational costs.  All this suggestion does is hurt the game imo.

So you do not see the issue of a 1 fight skill 90 digger going around and digging holes with only .01 body str and a shovel to lose?

16 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

+1 To what Galatyn said, 

17 minutes ago, Rasu said:

So you do not see the issue of a 1 fight skill 90 digger going around and digging holes with only .01 body str and a shovel to lose?

Nope, because the hole can be filled and the digger easily killed, by enemy players, tower guards, spirit templars, kingdom protective animals, and wild aggressive mobs.  If you are saying because the digger can be in a place where no one is and do digging undetected, then the same can be said that it's worse that an enemy kingdom can field a large number of players and raid (destroy houses, dig down walls, mine down to token, and drain) an enemy deed that has no one online or 1 or 2 avatars.  So, it boils down to doing stuff uncontested in any specific place on the map and not enough players pvp to change that.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 1

tbh with or without the change you sugested i don't see any change of the pvp outcome.

• Like 1

When alts keep running out to drag a catapault or drop dirt or try to wall behind you or lead and steal your horses, over and over and over and over, knowing they are losing Fightskill which they don't care about, cause they're sub 20 and body stats which are 3x but are protecting their 99 digging or 90 channeling, it will matter.

This is known tactics of alt abuse and has been a prolific problem in pvp for years.
The respawn will help stop careless deaths. It doesn't hurt the game by creating this.

All this suggestion does is hurt the game imo.

"limiting alt abuse will hurt the game"
PVP ABUSE HAS ALWAYS HURT THE GAME LOL

Guess what, you can have an alt and skill that alt without using it to abuse, you know that right? 

For those without skills, the respawn timer will start to penalize the deaths.

Help keep players from trying to counterbalance your kingdom

you counter players with skill and tactics, not alt abuse. Tell me how a naked alt abuse balances anything? lmao, it just disrupts the gameplay wurm intended.
And since alt abusers normally run these things out naked, there has to be a penalized system which delays a respawn after x deaths and gives you a loss some characters will care about, PVE skill loss. 

If you are saying because the digger can be in a place where no one is and do digging undetected, then the same can be said that it's worse that an enemy kingdom can field a large number of players and raid (destroy houses, dig down walls, mine down to token, and drain) an enemy deed that has no one online or 1 or 2 avatars.  So, it boils down to doing stuff uncontested in any specific place on the map and not enough players pvp to change that.

And the difference between using your main or an alt, you care about the death on Gau, you don't care about the death on an alt, I haven't seen GAU out digging holes and getting 20 deaths for example??? Alt abusers go to areas you otherwise wouldn't go to on your mains by averting the risk of doing so to an alt. 

Your arguments are always the same, so we don't need 5 pages of the same opinion. You support alt abuse, others do not. 

I was expecting the groups of people who are currently using alts to abuse to come and swarm this post, but hopefully devs look past the stretched stories here and focus on what is basically disruptive behavior and abuse.

Also can we stay on topic? Idk why bans are being mentioned, take it up with a gm.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

I didn't expect people to actually come here and pretend alt abusing is a good thing for PvP.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:
  • When a player below 20FS dies to a player, it should count as a PVE death with the player losing body stats + their 3 highest skills including faith. This will stop intentional alt abuse on characters that have high crafting but no fighting skill or priests with channeling.
    If a player kills you, you only lose fight skill and 0.01 body str. Making Sub 20FS players who cannot drop an affinity or pop a tab during pvp lose these skills will give some form of punishment.

That sounds harsh on actual newbies (and I've seen newbs get ganked multiple times in a row on Serenity).

Personally, I don't think the ban on alt farming needs to be technically enforced. The GMs/devs can enforce it themselves (deaths are pretty obvious, after all).

1 minute ago, Roccandil said:

That sounds harsh on actual newbies (and I've seen newbs get ganked multiple times in a row on Serenity).

Personally, I don't think the ban on alt farming needs to be technically enforced. The GMs/devs can enforce it themselves (deaths are pretty obvious, after all).

20 fight skill is not all that hard to get even with basic 70ql gear that is laying around on epic.

8 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

20 fight skill isn't hard to get and a newbie will likely die to a mob more than a player, a player will not kill a newbie over and over unless that newbie is throwing himself at him in which case deserves to lose the skills.
You can respawn back to deed or even go back to the starter town if you're being killed in the same spot. But starter towns normally have multi exits you can run through to get away if they somehow make it in.
Also, why respawn if you're going to keep dying with no chance? 

This just extends PVE death to players under 20fs if killed by a player.

Edited by Mclavin

2 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

20 fight skill isn't hard to get and a newbie will likely die to a mob more than a player, a player will not kill a newbie over and over unless that newbie is throwing himself at him in which case deserves to lose the skills.

This just extends PVE death to players under 20fs if killed by a player.

Perhaps, but I don't see any reason for it, especially now that I've read the patch notes. If you only have one affinity, you will never lose it, and the killer will never gain it.

So, the only way to gain an affinity from an alt is if the alt has actually PvPed. Isn't that problem solved?

this isn't about affinity gaining it's about alt abuse during pvp/raiding and to give those abusers a penalty if they're below 20FS. 
It's also to stop those who don't care about the penalty to keep running out trying to steal horses/drop dirt/take catas whilst groups are up on the lines fighting/bashing etc through respawn timers. It will also protect hijacked accounts which in the past were killed over and over and over on purpose to lose skills.

If you haven't experienced this yet then it will be hard to understand how game breaking and annoying this is. Which is why with the current update, this is a cherry, something that covers the other side of alt abuse outside of affinities 

Edited by Mclavin

2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Perhaps, but I don't see any reason for it, especially now that I've read the patch notes. If you only have one affinity, you will never lose it, and the killer will never gain it.

So, the only way to gain an affinity from an alt is if the alt has actually PvPed. Isn't that problem solved?

There is still a problem of people using sub 20fs accounts to grief without any care for death in pvp due to losing nothing or some easy to replace tools.

1 hour ago, Galatyn said:

How about if other kingdoms combine and find out if they out number TC?? SEEMS WE SUGGESTED THAT... nope Instead let's remain a bunch of small kingdoms amd complain about the large organized one. Makes no sense ...

5 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

How about if other kingdoms combine and find out if they out number TC?? SEEMS WE SUGGESTED THAT... nope Instead let's remain a bunch of small kingdoms amd complain about the large organized one. Makes no sense ...

But why biggest kingdom should get all what they want?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, valodis said:

But why biggest kingdom should get all what they want?

What are you talking about 

7 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

It doesn't make sense that we don't want to merge?  How about...we are free thinking people that play the way we want within the rules of the game?  Besides, we are not the ones complaining.  Look at the OP.

Stick to topic please. Addresing some alt abuse by placing preventive mechanics which will not hurt legit pvp. 

We are free thinking people who play how we want to. Every time I look at the forums it is someone complaining about tc and how we are the largest kingdom and how they can't compete with tc. Well keep being you free think small kingdoms and take your loses with a grain of salt. And remember that only the smaller kingdoms merging to get numbers will change it 

What you are saying is not "alt abuse".  People are paying premium to play the game within the rules.  Just because you think it's unfair to your kingdom doesn't mean the rules should change.  Otherwise, to make it more fair for other kingdoms, mechanics such as unraidable capitals, unable to embark on boats and horses with enemy in local, and others could be instituted, but to the point of making the game undesirable to play for everyone.

1 minute ago, Ruiner said:

We are free thinking people who play how we want to. Every time I look at the forums it is someone complaining about tc and how we are the largest kingdom and how they can't compete with tc. Well keep being you free think small kingdoms and take your loses with a grain of salt. And remember that only the smaller kingdoms merging to get numbers will change it 

Everytime I look at the forum, it's McLovin complaining about something.

• Like 5

Gala, go make those suggestions, mine addresses alt abuse not legit gameplay. There's a massive difference, i'm not going to keep repeating myself to somebody who can't grasp simple concept of what alt abuse is.

2 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

What you are saying is not "alt abuse".  People are paying premium to play the game within the rules.  Just because you think it's unfair to your kingdom doesn't mean the rules should change.  Otherwise, to make it more fair for other kingdoms, mechanics such as unraidable capitals, unable to embark on boats and horses with enemy in local, and others could be instituted, but to the point of making the game undesirable to play for everyone.

And yet all we are asking for is a mechanic in place to make deaths matter more on a PvP server where the majority of the "PvP" we have seen is just an alt trying to grief because there is no penalty besides a small body str loss of .01