Sign in to follow this  
Eject

Make a build plan for new items

Hello friends

Can anyone explain me how to code a build plan for new items with starter materials and additional material?

I have just this example but dont know how i can change it

function onServerStarted() {
    var itemId = IdFactory.getIdFor("nekropolis.transports.openwagon", IdType.ITEMTEMPLATE);
    CreationEntryCreator.createSimpleEntry(SkillList.CARPENTRY, ItemList.clothYard, ItemList.shaft, itemId, false, false, 0.0, false, false,            CreationCategories.DECORATION);

logger.info("Created creation entry for open wagon");
}

Thanks in advance

Eject

Edited by Eject

push ;)

The above code is from recipe.js

It would be very helpfull if you can help me, so i can create new items for my players to craft.

Eject

I was helping some of my players learn to mod using a simple item mod I threw together. I will rip out all my server specific stuff and send it your way tomorrow, if I remember in the morning.  Recommend stop creating items in js. Simple greetings and such with js is ok,but I would not use js for anything more.

• Like 1

This is realy realy nice from you, so i could begin learn better in direct java and see how it works.

I also would like to create items directly in java, but until now i had no idea, just know how to import the libs and needed jar files, but that was it ^^

ok...little bit editing the announce mod times ago, but it would very helpful to knos how i make a own project, how to safe the finished code to a new mod.

I am very courius what i can learn with your examples.

Thank you very much :)

Eject

What type of items are you looking at making? I noticed the item mod I made for my learning developers was all armor. Are you going to make weapons, tools, armor? Just trying to figure out what you need examples of when I am pulling this together for you. My current version has a ton of server specific items that rely on another mod so going to have to craft this up from scratch. I could just push you what I have but it will not compile for you since you will be missing libraries. But could use as an example on how to create items. Trying to figure out what would be best to send. Maybe I should just make a simple mod with one or two of each type of item and just post as an example for the community. 

Hello Jerone

I have here a lot of new graphcs for different chairs/tapestry/beds and wagons (at wagons the permissions dont work), but like also to make new weapons in the future (like assasine knifes for both hands - less damage but faster swing timer and mor crit chance)

Eject

Edited by Eject

I have not done furniture in any of my mods but I will see what I can throw together over next couple days. I will put in a template for weapons and  armour as well. For your new textures you will have to make a server pack as well. I will not be providing an example on that.

There is already several mods out there that add new items to the game. Maybe check one of those out also. There's many different ways to code a mod so maybe looking at different examples of different styles might help also

Yeah I am just talking with a few server owners that have little experience modding and seeing what everyone is looking at doing. I am going to try and throw together a template for the community so they can easily build off it with little experience.Increase the overall modding community for WU in the process, I hope. There is many examples out there if you want to dig through them all to find something similar to what you want. Just want to pull it all together with examples of each desired item type. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

I have not done furniture in any of my mods but I will see what I can throw together over next couple days. I will put in a template for weapons and  armour as well. For your new textures you will have to make a server pack as well. I will not be providing an example on that.

Hello

I have ready serverpacks for wagons and tapestry and some chairs, but i use it in js files instead of a mod, at wagons i still have the problem that i get no permissions work

@Jerone0601

I solved it now for my js file (the problem with the build plan), but hopefully to get your templates for real mods next time ;)

This is an example for other players

function onServerStarted() {
	var armchair_red = IdFactory.getIdFor("nekropolis.furniture.armchair_red", IdType.ITEMTEMPLATE);
	var armchair_red_recipe = CreationEntryCreator.createAdvancedEntry(SkillList.CARPENTRY_FINE, ItemList.shaft, ItemList.plank, armchair_red, false, false, 0.0 , true, true, 0, 50.0, CreationCategories.FURNITURE);
	    armchair_red_recipe.addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(1, ItemList.plank, 2, true));
        armchair_red_recipe.addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(2, ItemList.shaft, 2, true));
        armchair_red_recipe.addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(3, ItemList.clothYard, 1, true));
	logger.info("Created creation entry for armchair (red)");
}

Eject

Edit: Code does not work, my fail

Edited by Eject

I will get you templates this weekend.  Sorry, work and school got in the way.

• Like 1

I am having the same issue where my code, similar to Eject's isn't working fully. It makes one item (pre-exisitng ingame) without the additional requirements.