Sign in to follow this  
DelightfulDee

A Deliverance story.

Today marks the end of the rebuilding of Rainbow Bridge, one of our oldest landmarks who went through many owners, changed from landbridge to marble bridge, but kept its rainbow colors. The deed fell a few weeks ago and the buildings Pragmatist designed were slowly rotting away, saddened by the thought new players would never see the village in its previous glory we planned it, keeping track of the layout and prepared the rebuilding.

We want to thank our many helpers, some of them donated materials : Toadly, Mrcoolman, Karidwen, Jberg (even Enki through his random enkounters), others also helped by landing a hand (and mats) : Dizzylexia, Velvetsun, Awen, Wilca, Royalt, Odynn and Delightfuldee.

But today was also a surprise for someone else, Pragmatist came back on the game after many months and found his deed at a higher QL and with a different token placement than where he left it. Needless to say that we are happy to welcome him back in the game as a villager of Rainbow Bridge once again.

from Odynn and myself.

img%5D

Edited by DelightfulDee
more pics
  • Like 23

wurm.20180118.1026.jpg
wurm.20180118.1025.jpg
wurm.20180118.1026.jpg
wurm.20180118.1025.jpg
wurm.20180118.1023.jpg
wurm.20180118.1028.jpg
wurm.20180112.1439.jpg

Edited by Odynn
fixed dee's pics
  • Like 14

Wouldn't this apply for a heritage site?@Enki

I don't like landmarks getting deleted tbh.

• Like 2

Well done to an awesome group of individuals that put much time and labor into this..Looks Great!

• Like 1

My god you guys rebuilt that so fast I didn't even get time to help.

Very well done my beloved delians! <3

And how awesome is that, that Pragmatist returned just in time?

• Like 1

its very awsome indeed Cecci.

now he/she can work out where all the beds ovens and chests go :)

• Like 1

Nice work! Looks like you made some nice improvements there so I will have to run over sometime to take a look. I remember some of those houses along the highway near the bridge, wouldn't they have prevented you from deeding over it? Anyway, worked out well that Pragmatist returned so that now you can adjust to cover it (maybe).

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I think Rainbow Bridge is my favourite landmark on Deli :x

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ayes said:

I remember some of those houses along the highway near the bridge, wouldn't they have prevented you from deeding over it? Anyway, worked out well that Pragmatist returned so that now you can adjust to cover it (maybe).

All the buildings were gone when we placed the deed. Decayed happened quite fast on them since the owner(s) have been offline for such a long time. Everything have been replaced as soon as they completely decayed... and with the last ones gone, deeding and expanding was then possible.

So basicly, Pragmatist returned to a deed that had the name of his previous one, the buildings of his previous one, but none of the access and perms of his previous one. Slight confusion time, surprise time for all of us and the return of both the landmark and the creator.

• Like 3

If the building owner is offline for longer then 90 days buildings will take three damage per day.  Only if they are not on deed.  So once the deed fell it was only a matter of weeks not months before the buildings were gone to deed over it.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, Odynn said:

All the buildings were gone when we placed the deed. Decayed happened quite fast on them since the owner(s) have been offline for such a long time. Everything have been replaced as soon as they completely decayed

From the pictures it certainly looks like you and friends did a great job at reproducing them as they had existed. This familiarity is what threw me off a bit about it all. Not many would go to such extent of reproduction, which gives further excellence to this project.  Well done! (Thanks for the clarification)

=Ayes=

Just ading talking with Pragmatist  Roothills Docks was his first one so that is a complete circle then =) ( and yes i deeded over but i wanted area for ppl to see things atm still 6 spots left if u want to say that )

" saved all his stuff i could"

i have just reliased i left someone off the list of helpers. so that must be rectified.

Thank you also goes to Xyonado who donated a cart and helped to make bricks for the rebuild.

• Like 1

My first ever journey on Wurm nearly 4 years ago was over Rainbow bridge - to a remote place to my first village with Metsaloom as mayor. :)

Lovely recreation job, you guys and gals.  Well done!

Awesome story, and a great example why the community in Wurm is so great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xor said:

Awesome story, and a great example why the community in Wurm is so great!

So true, love the Wurm community.

• Like 1