Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Reduce decay on Frying pans

Cause really, my grandmother got a cast iron pan as a wedding gift in 1947 and used it to the day she died a few months ago... #realism

Evidence is her repair skill was quite low, proving she never had to repair it.  #freethepans

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

Yeah this needs to be looked at and it's a bit silly.

I'm for repairing all of them things! (well, no, not all, just a way of saying :) )

• Like 1

Metal items in general should probably not decay so quickly....

While I'm at it, would also be nice if things like mothballs and scabbards (for wearing -and- storage) were decay-reducing things. Weren't oilskins also used to keep things from decaying?

Edited by Roccandil

I'm guessing that it's implemented because of the massive quantities some players hoard for hfc/cooking.

So.. maybe there could be a brand in that code sparing the poor people keeping only a few around?

+1

If your frying pans are 3 QL, then they're going to take big damage ticks.  Try improving your frying pans to about 20 QL and you'll see the damage tick (sizes) drastically reduced.  And for those that are THAT lazy to improve frying pans, take some 20+ QL iron to your friendly neighborhood 99 blacksmith-  then they will be created at 19+ QL.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

If your frying pans are 3 QL, then they're going to take big damage ticks.  Try improving your frying pans to about 20 QL and you'll see the damage tick (sizes) drastically reduced.  And for those that are THAT lazy to improve frying pans, take some 20+ QL iron to your friendly neighborhood 99 blacksmith-  then they will be created at 19+ QL.

Job security.

I just carry my rare frying pan around and it doesn't decay in inventory...I'm also a high-mid blacksmith so even if it did, I could fix it with ease. The only reason I can see for this 'fix'/suggestion would be if you were mass producing...and that shouldn't be 'easy' to maintain doing over a long period.

Going to have to say no on this one...