Sign in to follow this  
Daedalus

Issues playing game..

Well for some reason I can't play the game anymore, last time I played this game was a couple of months ago on my GTX970, I have recently upgraded to GTX 1080 and only recently decided to try playing Wurm Unlimited.

And now the game crashes on start up, no errors or anything the client just freezes and sits there until Windows says it isn't responding.

Could the recent graphics card update be the issue,or am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated!

Bottom line to this thanks to Eject;

On 17/01/2018 at 1:48 PM, Eject said:

downgrade your nvidia driver, one of my players had the same problem and now it works

Eject

I downgraded my graphics card driver to 388.71 and it works now.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1

No clue

Check your game directory for crash logs, could help the devs or helpers around.

Meanwhile I'd suggest backing up your settings/profiles/logs and to just reinstall the game, see if that helps. Be sure to not use java9, heard that last supporting the current release of the client is java8.

Other than this... graphics drivers? Never hurts to double check for newer version.

Go to Steam Library > Wurm > Properties > Local Files > Verify Game Files

One common cause of crash-at-launch after an absence is using a version of Live Maps/Ago Client Mod Launcher that has not been properly updated, so try removing those files to see if you can get in, and if it fixes it, reinstall and update-patch the LiveMap mod =AND= the modlauncher.  

if you do update graphics driver, be sure to get drivers direct from Nvidia's website, do -not- use Windows Update to get new graphic drivers. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

12 hours ago, Finnn said:

No clue

Check your game directory for crash logs, could help the devs or helpers around.

Meanwhile I'd suggest backing up your settings/profiles/logs and to just reinstall the game, see if that helps. Be sure to not use java9, heard that last supporting the current release of the client is java8.

Other than this... graphics drivers? Never hurts to double check for newer version.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I did try to do a fresh installation and that unfortunately didn't work.

In regards to Java version I'm currently running on 8 as shows;

00ZJ_WwjQIyEbhAz9hB8Sw.png

Unfortunately there's no crash logs, Windows itself just says the client is unresponsive and then just asks if I want to close it, upon closing it the console.txt file doesn't contain any errors.

How ever just in case I've overlooked something I'll post it Please see link; https://pastebin.com/mCvrySyk

9 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Go to Steam Library > Wurm > Properties > Local Files > Verify Game Files

One common cause of crash-at-launch after an absence is using a version of Live Maps/Ago Client Mod Launcher that has not been properly updated, so try removing those files to see if you can get in, and if it fixes it, reinstall and update-patch the LiveMap mod =AND= the modlauncher.  

if you do update graphics driver, be sure to get drivers direct from Nvidia's website, do -not- use Windows Update to get new graphic drivers.

Had the latest update installed a couple days ago via nVidia Geforce Express installation >.<

It's left me baffled tbh I did have the mods installed though, although as said I did do a fresh installation, so the mods are gone now o-o

Edited by Daedalus

downgrade your nvidia driver, one of my players had the same problem and now it works

Eject

• Like 1

hmm may be the only decision then, though surely they'll release a patch that'd fix this eventually?

Okay, so I think I've narrowed it down to one issue.. Turns out there may of been an error on that console file, Adapter Info is currently "null", which to me makes sense why it may be crashing, looked up on an older file when I had the 970 installed and it verified my suspicions, so does anyone know a fix for that?

Thanks in advance.

nvm, reinstalled gpu driver and now shows adapter info but still crashes :c

Edited by Daedalus