Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Make personal goal descriptions a little clearer

[08:55:07] <> The most I could suggest with that, is to put a suggestion on the forums for clearer (or more achievable) personal goals

it isn't my suggestion, it's from your own staff. Please make this reality. 

• Like 2

I am trying to complete the Personal Goal: "Perform 100,000 Actions". The toon is ~4.5 years old and i recently chopped 30-40k Vegies. I would of thought by now my account had easily done 100k actions... I later found out that apparently Mining actions DO NOT count for this personal goal, so I am wondering if Chopping Vege does not count also... So I am looking for a way to complete my goals but I have no idea which actions will actually count towards this goal.

So if we could get a change to the goals to make them more Specific/Clearer on what we have to do would be fantastic! :)

ALSO PLEASE FIX THE GOALS YOU CANNOT FINISH (and/or remove/change the ones where you need EVERY tome/multiple tomes)!

So please +1 this thread if you agree, 

• Like 5

Its a bit nerve wracking to have to do one hundred thousand actions only to find out they dont count for your goal.

+1

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

I have no desire to play epic, so it's impossible for me to become a player god...

Just remove personal goals completely, they've never been right.. not even from conception.  Just remove them and be done.

Yet, since that won't happen, +1 makes some changes.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Start by checking which of the existing goals have been completed by players. Expand from there.

rip or turn super rare ones into 'legendary achievements'

+1

A rework of the personal goals system is on our rather large list of things we'll be working on and addressing, we know there are issues with it and we will be sitting down to work on scoping them out at a later date. 

The way the current system works means we cannot actually modify any of it without reworking the entire system, so it will need to wait for that to be done before any changes can come in 

• Like 3

Just having detailed explanations of what is required on Wurmpedia would be helpful in the mean time. I just rode 6,000 tiles for the "Ride 4,000 tiles" personal goal and I have no idea why I didn't get credit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakeii said:

I am trying to complete the Personal Goal: "Perform 100,000 Actions". The toon is ~4.5 years old and i recently chopped 30-40k Vegies. I would of thought by now my account had easily done 100k actions...\

My counter showed my account as having over a million actions and he still hasn't completed that. My guess is either actions under 5 seconds don't count, or its broken.

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

A rework of the personal goals system is on our rather large list of things we'll be working on and addressing, we know there are issues with it and we will be sitting down to work on scoping them out at a later date. 

The way the current system works means we cannot actually modify any of it without reworking the entire system, so it will need to wait for that to be done before any changes can come in 

Hey in the mean time why not fix the broken ones?

Make 5000 kgs of wine is currently bugged

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Well i just hope you wont destroy someones years of work when fixing it, road to hell is paved with good intentions after all. I have 3 personal goals left to complete from which 2 are reasonably achiveavable just need some more time and ofc i have male fantastic item one(in all this years i havent even got fantastic material no to speak about item itself, but lets say it's achivable). But would i rather stick with that list or risk with new random fresh one which although is achievable would take me years again, not sure.

+1 much needed. 

I do not wish to play on Epic myself, and I got the "Become a planeswalker" goal.

I have yet heard anyone who has a harder personal goal than that.

• Like 1

I don't bother with my personal goals because one third of them are for PvP environments and im a PvE'r
i kinda feel that, the goal window shouldn't dictate that everyone need try PvP to attain them. 
so, i feel nothing towards them. 

that said, i've done 11 of mine, 2 more can be done on the Freedom cluster
5 are pvp and i've no idea how you `become a magician`

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

80% of my accounts have "Become a Magician" or "Become an Arch Mage" or "Become a Shadowmage"... and multiple of my toons have 2 of hese..
In order to become an Arch Mage you need every tome iirc.. Magician is multiple tomes aswell and Shadowmage is like 5+ dark tomes or something.. Super rediculous goals lol

• Like 2

"Mine fantastic diamond" - Sorry but that item doesnt exist ingame. Even fantastic gem is mission impossible

"100 000 actions" - I have 99 farming for example

"Kill another player" - Yeah right on a PVE server

List is endless.

• Like 1

The most funny for me is killing other player with pickaxe and belaying pin, had both of them. Had to take alt to chaos to kill him twice in order to achiev them which is now something that can get you banned with recent wsa. Any way those are ridiculous and should be removed as well...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

The most funny for me is killing other player with pickaxe and belaying pin, had both of them. Had to take alt to chaos to kill him twice in order to achiev them which is now something that can get you banned with recent wsa. Any way those are ridiculous and should be removed as well...

yea actually you would either have to switch last sec on a real fight to the super weak belaying pin and land a kill or cheat the rules to get that goal :D idk if you could realistically even deal damage to someone in plate or higher with that

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kurson said:

yea actually you would either have to switch last sec on a real fight to the super weak belaying pin and land a kill or cheat the rules to get that goal :D idk if you could realistically even deal damage to someone in plate or higher with that

Fun fact i discovered then belaying pin gives and uses clubs skill iirc :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kochinac said:

...and ofc i have male fantastic item one(in all this years i havent even got fantastic material no to speak about item itself, but lets say it's achivable)...

I have the fantastic item creation goal, and I actually got a fantastic recipe for killing a troll, but it didn't count for the mission. :( (I wouldn't have expected it to, but still, RNG being RNG, it found a way to get me something fantastic without it counting... :P )

17 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

I have that one too and "Become a Diabolist." :( And I need to kill an enemy kingdom guard, doesn't seem that hard but I don't wanna go to Chaos lol

21 hours ago, Theodein said:

I do not wish to play on Epic myself, and I got the "Become a planeswalker" goal.

got that sameone...

repairing 6k fences or walls is set as same difficulty...didnt do it but in time i guess i can.

but yea some goals are impossible.. got slay spirit creature + eagle spirit and in pve...nope...zombies if you are lucky at an impalong and a gm drops a few...

have to agree too many of those goals are too pvp oriented and some impossible...and sometimes too vague. a counter to tell how far along you are could help motivate people too