Sign in to follow this  
crick

Scheduled server reboots

Hi,

I know Xanadu is already known as 'Lagadu', but the server seems to suffer from some serious performance issues after it's been up for a while.  Currently, it's been up for: [12:51:33] The server has been up 21 days, 16 hours and 39 minutes.

I understand it's an enormous server and perhaps a bit of lag can be expected, but a regular, even weekly restart would likely be able to alleviate some of the performance issues that we see here.  Most people are unable to walk a few steps without getting the 'out of sync with the server' message, and lord help you if you're sailing.  From what I understand there used to be regular restarts, and I understand timing them so its convenient for the most amount of people is very difficult, but it is a half an hour restart vs. a week or more of constant lag, server updates, etc.

Take this for instance: [13:18:54] <Grifo> [15:18:51] Your position on the server is not updated. Please move slower.

[13:18:58] <Grifo> im not even moving!!!!!!!!

With the announcement system, players could be notified of when the servers are going offline prior to starting some travels or work and get safe/moor/etc

• Like 4

I agree 200%.

It doesn't make sense to me to have it online that long, It's clearly unpleasant, I noticed it like 10 days ago when I was xanadu. 

Popular games like WoW do restarts weekly on Tuesdays or Wednesday if you live in Europe, they just need to pick a day and a time and roll with it. You could even give a very mild bonus such as a 1 hour sleep bonus every time for those that are online and premium. Like the good ole days.

Edited by Niki

26 minutes ago, Niki said:

You could even give a very mild bonus such as a 1 hour sleep bonus every time for those that are online and premium.

Why? Reduced lag would be enough of a bonus

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jikuu said:

Why? Reduced lag would be enough of a bonus

I'm thinking long term once the lag is fixed obviously, people always find a reason to complain when things are going well. I'm starting to think that's why the servers don't get rebooted as often as they used to.

They are stress testing the memory leakage right where we pay to play.

I see no other reason to leave servers up this long.

Either that or lazyness, I mean look how weekly became fourtnightly.