Sign in to follow this  
Kurson

Get sleep bonus while sitting

This would be for when you want to stay logged in to reply in chat or watch for some event to happen but also want to get sleep bonus. I guess you could log in a different account, but then someone might not know youre online.

This is  assuming you can't do anything while sitting down, but i think you can improve and such so maybe add another option like 'sit down and rest' and have a timer pop off like 12 minutes that gives you 30 seconds of sleep bonus and refreshes itself if u dont stand up.

Alternatively allow to sleep in beds without logging off.

• Like 5

+1

Interesting idea!

If you have to not do anything (except chat or move the camera) for the full 12minutes, then it prevents any abuse I can think of. Some sort of event message would be nice, just to let you know you started or ended the "sleep" period.

• Like 2

Wtb camping chair.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

Also if that would keep the hunger increasing, that would be good for the 3 hours i have to afk every day if i want to grind something with food bonus.

What about favor gain on priests? If they're still hungering, do they in return still get passive favor, maybe slower? Could be a tradeoff for "logging in" with your priest with a full favor and empty hunger bar, rather than the other way around.

• Like 1

mhm i'd love getting sbonus as I sit on my butt grinding skills also, but where do we draw the line?

---edit

3 hours ago, Yiraia said:

I'd love if all people read the suggestion of other players before commenting, but when will that ever happen.

fyi: I did.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Finnn said:

mhm i'd love getting sbonus as I sit on my butt grinding skills also, but where do we draw the line?

I'd love if all people read the suggestion of other players before commenting, but when will that ever happen.

On 14/01/2018 at 10:32 AM, Kurson said:

This is  assuming you can't do anything while sitting down, but i think you can improve and such so maybe add another option like 'sit down and rest' and have a timer pop off like 12 minutes that gives you 30 seconds of sleep bonus and refreshes itself if u dont stand up.

Also add a message if you try to pm such player, something like "Player_name is resting, it may not answer at this time."

1 hour ago, MashHiven said:

Also add a message if you try to pm such player, something like "Player_name is resting, it may not answer at this time."

You can do that with /afk btw  :) but if u mean automatic /afk then yea maybe set with profile settings

would be a fun idea, and have an actual use to chairs. so why not. +1

perhaps make it linked to the l and type of chair. a lounge chair would let you rest better than a simple chair, and high ql could let recover sleep a bit faster? (within reason) for example cant get more than 10 minutes max per day, so can be done faster with good seating, but cant go over the top

On 15/01/2018 at 1:35 PM, Finnn said:

---edit

fyi: I did.

What am i missing?

I think the keyword in here is Sleep

Maybe just let us accumulate SB all the time, even while using SB! Then it would be just like being on Epic.

Edited by JakeRivers

yiraia, you thought that I do not read posts before answering, ... I do..

My point...... ideas's cool but.. also makes sbonus gathering easier and faster to recover even while the player is online, where SB used to be... super valuable and slow to recover.. w/o using sb potions or missions to refill it.(rites and gm events/compensation cases also)

In a way I am voting with 2 hands for this, but it also brings the player to endgame faster and with less effort. It's easy to burnout and leave the game once you reach your goals, and this gives you that outcome. It's already quite easy to get high enchanted CoC/BoTD tools.

In a way it makes more sense to recover fatigue, but that could also be abused depending from the recovery rates...

IDK, This brings more bad things to the table IMO.??

Sleep bonus was designed to help balance the gap between no lifers who play all day, and slightly more casual players.

This would extend sleep bonus a little to reward social players.

+1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

My point...... ideas's cool but.. also makes sbonus gathering easier and faster to recover even while the player is online, where SB used to be... super valuable and slow to recover.. w/o using sb potions or missions to refill it.(rites and gm events/compensation cases also)

easier.. faster... no... What am i missing, why can't i read this. What I'm reading is that he wants to basically have his character "sleep" yet be able to access chat or look at something going on. He even says to make sure nothing can be done while this is happening just like actual sleeping for sleep bonus. This is not much faster or easier than sleeping in a bed with the character of desired sleep bonus, and logging on a newbie alt named Yiraiachat.

Are you sure you are reading this correctly? He is talking about being able to do NOTHING while sitting to gain sleep bonus and gain access to chat with others and you talked about grinding skills while sitting. Imagine waiting for a delivery and your person is coming in late. You can sit in a chair with this suggestion as you wait, busy irl. Or you can tell the guy "I'll log off to get some sleep bonus, I'll pm you on my alt" and have Yiraiachat pop up. Its just convenient. I certainly don't think the difficulty of making an alternate account should justify a -1. Am I getting trolled ??

• Like 3

+1, this is not much different from sleeping in a bed and completely logging off.

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

In no way, shape, or form does this suggestion include making sleep bonus faster or easier to obtain by sitting and resting. He just wants to accumulate sleep bonus at the same rate as sleeping, but just be able to chit chat with other players; nothing else.

• Like 3

Well you can actually imp items while sitting, so it is not actually the same as logging out in a bed.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Well you can actually imp items while sitting, so it is not actually the same as logging out in a bed.

On 1/14/2018 at 10:32 AM, Kurson said:

This is assuming you can't do anything while sitting down, but i think you can improve and such so maybe add another option like 'sit down and rest' and have a timer pop off like 12 minutes that gives you 30 seconds of sleep bonus and refreshes itself if u dont stand up.

Edited by PumperNickel
Wanted to bold some more lol
  • Like 4

Love the suggestion. You shouldn't be able to do ANYTHING, but look and chat.

Just fine for work days IRL :)

PS: so could we sit in a chair outside the house for it? In the garden.

That would be a big-ish change, allowing us to get SB without a house. Campers rejoice.

17 hours ago, PumperNickel said:

+1, this is not much different from sleeping in a bed and completely logging off.

In no way, shape, or form does this suggestion include making sleep bonus faster or easier to obtain by sitting and resting. He just wants to accumulate sleep bonus at the same rate as sleeping, but just be able to chit chat with other players; nothing else.

It does.. 30sec sb on-demand any time while online without waiting for ONE hour offline before you get your first sb recovery tick.

On 1/14/2018 at 5:32 PM, Kurson said:

This would be for when you want to stay logged in to reply in chat or watch for some event to happen but also want to get sleep bonus. I guess you could log in a different account, but then someone might not know youre online.

Unless the mechanic have changed.... this tilts the situation a bit.....

By not much, but still it opens the door or window for some new schemes.

@Yiraia as long the player does not craft/pray/etc .... do any action it's not a big deal.

BUT it's still on-demand sb recovery in 12min for a prayer or meditation, etc... skipping an hour+ as it used to be.

Finnn: I would agree to NOT change how much you get, you should get exactly the SB you would if you logged out.

48 minutes ago, Finnn said:

It does.. 30sec sb on-demand any time while online without waiting for ONE hour offline before you get your first sb recovery tick.

Unless the mechanic have changed.... this tilts the situation a bit.....

By not much, but still it opens the door or window for some new schemes.

@Yiraia as long the player does not craft/pray/etc .... do any action it's not a big deal.

BUT it's still on-demand sb recovery in 12min for a prayer or meditation, etc... skipping an hour+ as it used to be.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly here. Are you saying for the first hour of being logged off, you don't get any SB? Because you do:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Sleep_bonus#Accumulation

It's just that you only get the sleep bonus if you had been logged off for >1 hour. So while it is true that "sitting bonus" is more on-demand and could be "abused" for meditation (and it's debatable if that's abusive or not. Also faith gain doesn't benefit from SB.), you do not get any more sleep bonus in the same timeframe compared to logged off sleep bonus.

Edited by Flubb