Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Instanced Wurm PvP

4 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

i think you misread my post, i actually wrote : 

I didn't say "That's what ruined World of Warcraft , Battle arenas ever since the start of vanilla" . 

I think you need new glasses

Battlegrounds where added like 7 months into vanilla, and considering vanilla ran over 2 year I would consider that added pretty early into wow development cycle, I understood what you but I don't see how it applys here its not going to effect roaming on freedom most if not all freedomer have no intention of coming to chaos anyways otherwise you know people would be playing on the server other than a few and if anything this might give them some taste for some more high risk versions if anything I really fail to see how this is taking anything away from pvp servers.

4 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

We do not have the playerbase to have both Open world pvp and Queue system, We don't have enough players for a ranking system which would be the only thing you'd be able to gain through this 

Like 20 total people play on the pvp servers, im thinking this isn't as big an issue as you think. I don't think the 20 of us left are going to just up and leave because we can pvp outside the 1ce a week it happens naturally these days.

3 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Like 20 total people play on the pvp servers, im thinking this isn't as big an issue as you think. I don't think the 20 of us left are going to just up and leave because we can pvp outside the 1ce a week it happens naturally these days.

Nor will any freedomer try Chaos  ever again because they can try instanced PVP for no risk

3 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Nor will any freedomer try Chaos  ever again because they can try instanced PVP for no risk

They are not trying it anyways so why hold off for a non existent issue? If people will really never come to chaos if there is any other form of pvp in the game than clearly chaos is the flawed model if somehow this instanced stuff is just so much better that no one will ever want to go back to stinky old chaos. I don't think this is true but that's what your trying to tell me in a nutshell.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

^ and that sentence is why i +1 this idea whilst 90% of you sit on deed during hotas anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Darklords said:

They are not trying it anyways so why hold off for a non existent issue? If people will really never come to chaos if there is any other form of pvp in the game than clearly chaos is the flawed model if somehow this instanced stuff is just so much better that no one will ever want to go back to stinky old chaos. I don't think this is true but that's what your trying to tell me in a nutshell.

Dude your idea is literally against Wurm as a game. You want to click 1 button, be instantly teleported to some random arse place to have events. It's not bad because it's a pvp idea, it's bad because it's an instance idea, a queue, its bad because it would take away the so little Freedom player to world interraction that already exists and is so lacking i feel like puking every time i go out because there's nothing to do but look at pretty buildings i can't interact with or say "Hello" in local to people who are AFK and will never reply to me back. You want to take away travelling it's just never going to happen. I see everyone on the forums kindof takes offence to the word "PVP" as if it's a sacred thing or something, it's as if we're talking about black people and we are too scared to offend them

8 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Dude your idea is literally against Wurm as a game. You want to click 1 button, be instantly teleported to some random arse place to have events. It's not bad because it's a pvp idea, it's bad because it's an instance idea, a queue, its bad because it would take away the so little Freedom player to world interraction that already exists and is so lacking i feel like puking every time i go out because there's nothing to do but look at pretty buildings i can't interact with or say "Hello" in local to people who are AFK and will never reply to me back. You want to take away travelling it's just never going to happen. I see everyone on the forums kindof takes offence to the word "PVP" as if it's a sacred thing or something, it's as if we're talking about black people and we are too scared to offend them

So let me get this right your saying you will never see people in freedom in person again if you can do some sort of instanced pvp because people never need to leave deed again if you can just pvp from your freedom deed because that was truly the driving factor for people leaving deeds was go come travel to chaos to pvp that is what your trying to say right sure seems like it lol.

Edited by Darklords

6 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Darklords presented an idea - how would you tweak that idea to the best for Wurm? There is so many possibilities to this, but you get stuck buffering on the "instanced queue" words. Find an alternative tweak to it instead of the queue, and this idea might be even better! :)

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Do you really think it'd be worth it?

I mean, anyone can go to a WU server and try out PvP if they don't want to risk their belongings in WO.  Some people just aren't particularly turned on by PvP in Wurm.  For me, it doesn't mean I don't like PvP, I like it a lot and do it a lot... in other games that have PvP I find more compelling.

My brother likes the pvp servers, but I get the sense it's more about the goal-setting, the motivation to build defenses that serve a purpose, the added risk and potential challenges while out in the world.  I don't know that it's the actual pvp itself, for the sake of enjoying the mechanics if that makes sense.

In WoW, I loved the battlegrounds (minus the twinks), but I don't recall my brother heading into them as much.  Different folks, different preferences, and just not sure battlegrounds in Wurm would really compel the people who already aren't into it now.  In other words, I would still prefer getting my PvP fix elsewhere, and my brother, I think, would still prefer the actual servers where the PvP aspect fulfills other needs not found on PvE servers.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Do you really think it'd be worth it?

I mean, anyone can go to a WU server and try out PvP if they don't want to risk their belongings in WO.  Some people just aren't particularly turned on by PvP in Wurm.  For me, it doesn't mean I don't like PvP, I like it a lot and do it a lot... in other games that have PvP I find more compelling.

My brother likes the pvp servers, but I get the sense it's more about the goal-setting, the motivation to build defenses that serve a purpose, the added risk and potential challenges while out in the world.  I don't know that it's the actual pvp itself, for the sake of enjoying the mechanics if that makes sense.

In WoW, I loved the battlegrounds (minus the twinks), but I don't recall my brother heading into them as much.  Different folks, different preferences, and just not sure battlegrounds in Wurm would really compel the people who already aren't into it now.  In other words, I would still prefer getting my PvP fix elsewhere, and my brother, I think, would still prefer the actual servers where the PvP aspect fulfills other needs not found on PvE servers.

I wonder the same and its a very valid concern pvp just isn't for some people they play games purely for the pve element even if pvp exists. I think part of the problem with WU is all the cheats such as esp, no trees, the hacks ive seen where people can trick other peoples client into thinking there invisible and players cant see or attack them that comes with WU being open source and modable client wise, and the lack of stable environment knowing that your account will be there tomorrow to work on it enough to get where you need to pvp in wurm and the fact that the WU community is spread across so many servers.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

+1 It would need a lot of work on details to fit Wurm but i definetly think this is step in right direction. For the people arguing that it will thin the pvp base of players, no it will not. Open world pvp will still have major benefits over newly proposed arena style such as team work, open world battle and siege immersion, full loot for weapons, tools, armour, vehicles and materials. PVP has nothing to lose with this and can gain some, like players who might be confident enough to travel to chaos and join pvp after some expirience in combat in safe environment, worst case scenario this becomes pve perk and nothing is changed for pvp imo. Beside having or not having impact on pvp side It will also provide some casual pvp fun for people who don't wanna invest a lot of time in preparing for raid, organizing with others, travel to another server etc. which is most important allowing your customers to have fun in variety of balanced ways so they can choose which one suits them most. As for reward system so it's not all just for practice and fun :P i would propose maybe collecting some sort of points or something like that after winning that you can redem later for maybe pmk flags, wagons, hota statues or something decorative but keeping it hard and tedious so it would be easier to get those items from kingdom dealers or doing Hota and by that not take away from rewards from doing real pvp, just a thought open to tweaking... My main concern is payer base needed for queueing and matching opponets by skill (it would be ridiculous to match 20fs noob and 90fs account, rewards can also be scaled by skill) i am afraid that people will have to wait a lot in queue but who knows. just my 2cent on the topic :) 

instanced pvp already exists if you want to count epic. I'm logged off at a war deed so if pvp happens I just teleport there from freedom. I can go from one cluster to the other without leaving deed. Darklords idea just has to be a very very very small cluster, added so you go to it via portal and this cluster can be setup by gms to provide what dark is talking about.

Edited by Mclavin

Instant pvp.. humm, could work. first thing that comes to mind is pubg style wurm event lol. 

18 hours ago, Mclavin said:

in pve yes but in pvp no, more factors come into it. When did you try real wurm pvp?

Did not try it, I saw several videos of it and duels preceding events. There is no way im spending more than 100$ to have a decent place in pvp when I could buy games like dark souls. Besides, If i wanted enjoyable pvp I would go back to mortal online and pay for premium and then NOTHING else. Then get good at combat and enjoy fighting for a kingdom.

21 hours ago, Darklords said:

So lets just live in the past is your argument, I bet if we just fix meditation we will have 500 people spread across epic/chaos like in the old days even tho that's about freedoms active population at any time.

You do realise your talking about a population count when Epic was released? Thats why it was so high. It wasn't high because PvP was amazing... it wasn't high because skilling was sooo fun.... It was high because Rolf opened up a new PvP server.

Until that happens again, the population will never be that high for the PvP server... especially if you want to add this pathetic change.

Freedomers gonna be freedomers.

12 hours ago, Moonpoppy said:

You do realise your talking about a population count when Epic was released? Thats why it was so high. It wasn't high because PvP was amazing... it wasn't high because skilling was sooo fun.... It was high because Rolf opened up a new PvP server.

Until that happens again, the population will never be that high for the PvP server... especially if you want to add this pathetic change.

Freedomers gonna be freedomers.

That's super funny because my logs show those populations on epic January 2014 as 330 and epic launched on November 1, 2011 hmm. I didn't join epic anywhere nears its start not even close and those where the numbers when I first started on epic.

This sure looks(pic below) like 330 people across epic alone not even counting chaos taken what 2 full years and some months after launch lololol 2 years is sure release time guys you heard it here first.  Even at more off hours 250+ was a common population during this period over 2 years into release.

I don't think mr Moonpoppy remembers as much as he wishes or thinks he does which is sad considering he joined this forum 13 days after the epic launch.  Also I know facts are not your strong suit apparently since your trying to tell me epic didn't have 300+ for almost 3 years when thankfully I took full population logs before they merged them into just epic population, but people have already mentioned I never lived on freedom past the 2 weeks it took me to leave and join epic 4+ years ago when I started lived on pvp servers since day like 14 of joining,  joined jke not long after joining epic and moved to elevation than chaos a few years later even so I don't see why you keep trying to deflect actually giving constructive criticism with the whole freedoms gonna freedom line while replying to a dedicated long time pvper.

If this idea would really be a 100% death blow to pvp servers(which ill add again I don't believe) than I don't see how any update could bring them back if 1 update to allow non full drop pvp for fun just removes all hope of ever developing the pvp servers again. I didn't realize all chaos was only about was killing people in small skirmishes for fun with no loot, I have been playing wrong all these years going for land control and large open field full loot skirmishes to contest a point and raiding damn time to start over I played wrong all this time I should have been having 2v2 fights with my enemy for fun that's all there is to do on pvp server apparently if its replaced so easy by just that mechanic.

f6cb7cd92a07d4c46f0b788a094f9ad5.png

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 0:10 PM, Darklords said:

Wondering how much interest from freedomers mostly but everyone in general there would be for a safer version of Wurm pvp you can queue into from deed and join with either your own gear and stats in a no drop no skill loss environment or set gear and stats in different situations such as 3v3, 2 team hota or anything else anyone can think of.

I love the full loot side of Wurm and don't want to see it removed don't get me wrong but I feel Wurm needs a safe pvp style everyone can enjoy without the die 1 time lose everything side being the only choice to pvp outside 1v1 duels in the entire game.  I feel wurm pvp could see a lot more feedback with the 10x increase in population participating in it also if people where interested.

So.... something like 'Epic'? But instead of grinding any skills with boosted gains/curve... mirroring your char and gear from your server?

I'd personally like to see some battle royale... with completely reworked wurm-items, events, etc to make the game FAST paced and fun...while providing that pvp experience.

Being in a separate world, resetting your score, possessions, and world means... nothing happening there matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could be for farming extra titles for different achievements, or separate goods(web shop?), hopefully not touching the existing WO realm.

While some might think that this is going to kill chaos IMO, it's going to provoke players who like it to eventually try the real deal(chaos), where there's persistence and community to play with for more than a match of xx minutes/days.

For the noobie PVPers there's the chance to safely try and train in pvp environment.

win:win? :huh:

• Like 1