Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Increase felled tree pickup range

Pickup range on the trees is extremely small compared to their model size, makes picking them up after deforesting a filled area a pain since leaves can block the pickup area of trees next to them, so you've gotta make the trees ugly when grinding wc. Please make it so pickup area is anywhere along the felled tree.

• Like 7

"[14:47:52] You are too far away to do that."

Mates. I'm standing in it.

• Like 5

Please increase the range. It is quite hard as need to almost stay on top of the trunk and if on a wagon it usually covers the felled tree ...

Edited by Jaz

20 hours ago, Flubb said:

"[14:47:52] You are too far away to do that."

Mates. I'm standing in it.

I hear ya loud n clear on that one 

so +100

this has been a thing since cutting trees existed as far as I know

I detest gathering up a forest after I cut it down due to the time it takes to jiggle the wagon around to the perfect position to pick up the suckers

+1. Along with this, increase the range from which we are able to board / interact with ships.

• Like 4

I can pick them up just fine or chop them up, after the update that made felled trees just a trunk without leaves. It's easy. I could do some wc without running all over the tree length in frustration, like before that update.

I'm not using wagons though. (usually)

Also, are you using some option to still see the branches and leaves on the felled trees?

Edited by Anarres

It's also unrealistic to pick a whole tree while you reach only a single leaf.:wacko:

What I used to solve this issue were.... KEYBINDS:huh:(pick, drop, cut down, pick sprout)

- chopping a tree or 3-to-9 within reach~, than picking them and dropping them 'piled' on one tile, facing the same way each time to align the trees out of the way of other trees... than moving to next mid-tile to repeat the procedure.

Than go back with a wagon to pick up and transport the trees.

It's quite easy as it is.:o

7 hours ago, Anarres said:

Also, are you using some option to still see the branches and leaves on the felled trees?

It's a combination of pretty trees and animation quality iirc, i've got a graphics profile with everything set to minimum just for woodcutting so leaves aren't visible. 

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

than picking them and dropping them 'piled' on one tile, facing the same way each time to align the trees out of the way of other trees...

Considering i'm always cutting the tree from the same side they should all be falling in the same direction anyway.

It's easy yes but when you're going for 100 woodcutting that's a lot of unnecessary extra clicks.

47 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Considering i'm always cutting the tree from the same side they should all be falling in the same direction anyway.

that in itself would be a good suggestion :D

+1

Haha yeah! +1

All that helps decrease the puzzledness of new players and the annoyances to old players help the game i say :D

+1