Sign in to follow this  
Niki

This is a controversial thread about Tomes.

1 hour ago, gorgian said:

I'm going to look at it a little different.

Why not take them right off unique loot table.

Just added to archaeology table as fragments. Drop rate set to what ever fits keep market value. The locations  could also be set. (high pvp areas.)

Players would be out in the open more and longer. meaning more chance of pvp.

This would also work.

Current situation is pretty bad imo.

I agree, that they should be PvP centered items, yet currently other Freedom servers are being milked to get those tomes. I think it is safe to say, that most of the sorcerers have used tome charges originating from PvE servers. But if the tome drops would be removed from PvE server uniques, I doubt Chaos spawns would be enough to supply the Chaos players.

My idea would be something different tho.. Make tomes like Merchant contracts etc. they can't leave servers, also let used charge work only on server it was used on.. So when you used your charge on Chaos, you will be sorcerer only on Chaos. If on indy, then on Indy. Also let one type of charge to be used only on one server. For example, if you used red cherry charge on Celebration, you can't use red cherry on other servers.

1 hour ago, rixk said:

Current situation is pretty bad imo.

I agree, that they should be PvP centered items, yet currently other Freedom servers are being milked to get those tomes. I think it is safe to say, that most of the sorcerers have used tome charges originating from PvE servers. But if the tome drops would be removed from PvE server uniques, I doubt Chaos spawns would be enough to supply the Chaos players.

My idea would be something different tho.. Make tomes like Merchant contracts etc. they can't leave servers, also let used charge work only on server it was used on.. So when you used your charge on Chaos, you will be sorcerer only on Chaos. If on indy, then on Indy. Also let one type of charge to be used only on one server. For example, if you used red cherry charge on Celebration, you can't use red cherry on other servers.

I think there is maybe one tome that has any use outside of pvp and its really limited for the cost of its use. This would be a really bad idea. It would be worse than using a fantastic bone on a horse barding. You can't even see the shine.

Tomes should be rare, nothing wrong with that. 

I don't want to see everyone running around with fancy sorc titles everywhere I go.

Though it would be a cool thing to be able to create your own tomes with 1 charge by combining something difficult to find that would make it a slight bit easier to do.

Like use dragon blood on paper - get rune paper, the people who does this need to know the tome already.

Combine rune power -> with a book (Add craftable books already!) To make an incomplete tomb.

The tomb later has to be charged with source until a 10000 karma then enchanted with correct spell by a priest ( different for every tome) 

With it loaded you can activate it - Right click killed creature or player -> Sacrifice. 

When this has reached 10000 sac point  as well (70 - 140 points per kill ) 

It can be used to learn the tome.

I see it as very similar to an issue i've brought up before, people not appreciating the difference between "it should be rare" and "it should be practically impossible so its insanely valuable and dumb". Just like how the chance to make fantastics is 1/10000 its just too much. Noone thinks they shouldn't be rare but there's rare and there's stupid rare.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I see it as very similar to an issue i've brought up before, people not appreciating the difference between "it should be rare" and "it should be practically impossible so its insanely valuable and dumb". Just like how the chance to make fantastics is 1/10000 its just too much. Noone thinks they shouldn't be rare but there's rare and there's stupid rare.

Agreed. Changes could still be made regarding drop chance of tomes but I still like the idea of writing your own.

Always said if you’re going to make uniques drop tomes, make uniques waaaay harder to kill. Only reason Freedomers wanted tomes in the first place was of the different titles and it wasn’t “fair” for Epic to get exclusive content.. Just last year on Chaos 7 people killed a white dragon hatchling that shouldn’t even be possible. Fix tome rarity or make uniques actually hard to kill again.

Edited by Holar
  • Like 2