Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Premium Reward System

Is the premium reward system dead are we only going to get potions now? I just passed my 48 month mark since December 2013 and had hoped for something good on the four year mark. 

Don't let us down on the five year mark  :( 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I think this was to boost prems (years ago). Afaik this was abandoned when it was proved the counting system was broken.

• Like 1

Well they are fixing and improving the rest of the game so why not this  :) 

• Like 1

Remember when they gave seryll plate items for the reward?  Yellow potions reminds me of the scene in Trading Places where the Duke brothers gave the black guy $5.  It was from both of them.

Even further, I'm pretty tired of tossing yellow potions into altars to sac.   Can they just be removed or something?

• Like 1

Has it ever worked? 

[15:14:08] You have been premium a total of 25 months since Dec 2013.

No, I haven't, but this means I won't get the 12 months gift.

The absolute maximum that my account can have had premium between now and Dec 2013 is 6.

I don't recall when, but I did get a spyglass on my alt and myself, got 3 spyglasses now lol.   been a year or more back tho.

Still, I'd love to see this system fixed and yellow potions removed.

I'm all for removing yellow pots, this was a horrific idea from the start, cosmetic potions are cool, calling your customers peons in a loyalty program is mind boggling.

One of my alts reached a milestone of 12 TOTAL months of premium.  He received a Spyglass.

The wiki states, "Spyglasses are given to premium players for 12+ consecutive premium months."

This was just 2 weeks ago and it wasn't 12 consecutive months, it was 12 total.  So yes, it is broken but yes the rewards are still getting handed out.

• Like 2

I feel like we should get a nice gift for every year that passes in the system with milestone ones being extra good like the 5 year one.  If it is broken then they need to fix it but just handing out yellow potions for anything past the two year mark is just not acceptable.. imo

Edit: Not sure what the cut off is but iirc it is the two year mark 

Edited by Kegan

they should work up some cool items to hand out to those 5 year marks..something to make us feel proud and unique for being around so long and ofcourse something better for those older than that

small things but unique will do just fine imo

Edited by Jonydowy
  • Like 1

What do i get for supporting the game for 13 years?

Yes that's pathetic.

• Like 2

IIRC Rolf messed up database completely where the premium info was stored.. Thats why some people don't get the rewards and some do. It was pointed out to him, that in past premium expiry warning emails he actually promised rewards.

An example from past email:

"Your next award is Achievement: Shined which will occur when you have 16 months of premium time since this program started (you currently have 14 since then).
You will also be granted one yellow illusion potion with the quality level of 100 if you don't let your premium time run out. Those are fun!"

Instead of fixing the database, the email was changed to: "If you're lucky you may also receive a reward for staying premium, like an item or a yellow potion. There's no guarantee but if you ask around you'll be informed about what the chances are."

So, I guess we can consider that issue as "fixed" ;)

• Like 2

Knapsacks were cool rewards IMO(backpack's volume with 50%weight and rarity showing your support 'years')

In a way xmas gifts are unique rewards every year.:)

This should be improved, it's a really unreasonable system in it's current state.

5 minutes ago, Sunnyside said:

Something to be said for loyalty.

True, but how do you determine loyalty when accounts are traded?

• Like 3

How about removing decay off hand Lanterns when in inventory?  Having to reimp my Lanterns back  up to 86 QL every few months to get decent light around you at night is becoming a painful chore.

Even better, bring in Furl Sails, Set Sails speed toggle for boats and ships, so those of us with nice fancy harbours can moor our vessels along side the wharf or pier, instead of ending up embedded thur a fence into the place next door.

edit.. here's the like for those who wish to support it...

Food for thought!

Cheers!  Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
added link for Furl Sails, Set Sails suggestion
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, HughMongus said:

How about removing decay off hand Lanterns when in inventory?  Having to reimp my Lanterns back  up to 86 QL every few months to get decent light around you at night is becoming a painful chore.

That's a no-no...

Tried suggesting the idea, or submitting the issue in bugs section.. it's still ignored.:mellow:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

That's a no-no...

Tried suggesting the idea, or submitting the issue in bugs section.. it's still ignored.:mellow:

That's because it would supplant those lovely light runes you theiving crafters were given :P

Make a light rune, glue it to a ring, problem solved.

• Like 1

I have one on my toolbelt. But I like your ring idea... I might do that since its not as important and you can put it on or take it off at your leisure.

or a lantern you could only hang on a wagon?  But then you would need yellow potions to fuel it.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, HughMongus said:

How about removing decay off hand Lanterns when in inventory?

This would be a great reward as an *item* after a number of years as a Premium character. It would be nice to see a system like this setup with specific defined yearly time periods as a continued Premium character and the reward item stated. I know that I have kept Ayes a Premium ever since I started playing the game, which should provide some very nice accumulated yearly rewards. Yes, once a system like this is setup all Premium characters should be updated with them.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

It should not be cumulative but rather total months of prem time. There are times where people simply can't get a chance to play for a month upwards, and they should not be forced to continue paying for premium just for some rewards.  Someone purchasing 12 months of prem time in a row is no different than someone who purchases 12 months of prem time over several years; Both should be rewarded the same.

Edited by Budzilla
  • Like 4