Sign in to follow this  
Destroyerd

help cant download

ok so I got a new pc was gonna play wurm.went to wurm online site and got java first then try to click play at top of site and it prompts me to allow and I do and it opens my download folder and I click on it again it says allow over and over and nothing opens or downloads.any help is appreciated . PS if I cant download it here then where. When it shows my downloads I click on open and it opens another client jnlp over and over every time I do it

Edited by Destroyerd

i'd try a different browser or clean my browser cache. 
Alternatively try right clicking and selecting save as / save linked content as

ok so ive tried new browsers,diable firewalls,have both 32bit and 64bit java installed,same thing.i don't even have the game downloaded and cant because when I click on play on website it says save as or open ive tried both with same results.when I click on either it takes me to my downloads with a open or discard option I click open and it just flickers no screen opens for download.also looked at add ons in ie under java enabled it has a grey check.any help would be appreciated as I play this on a junky laptop so I know this beast can handle it.

Which version of java have you installed? (9 isn't working from what I read...)

Just to skip the browser mess, try to run the game with a desktop shortcut or from the console (link to client: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Client):

Put the line above in Target field of the shortcut or execute in cmd.

note: just figure where you've installed java(javaws.exe's location)

Let us know what happens? Also if you could record and share what you do....it could help, since we cant see any logs, etc to figure your problem, any further information helps.

16 hours ago, Destroyerd said:

ok so I got a new pc was gonna play wurm.went to wurm online site and got java first then try to click play at top of site and it prompts me to allow and I do and it opens my download folder and I click on it again it says allow over and over and nothing opens or downloads.any help is appreciated . PS if I cant download it here then where

same thing with both examples .I go to open or save and my downloaded file opens then I click open again and screen does nothing just goes back to downloaded files and wurm client no matter how many times I click does nothing.is this a java thing or maybe something blocking it from opening?please help

also in java control panel under advanced options under default java for browsers internet explorer is grey checked like java don't recongnize it

if you bought the pc, maybe it has an awkward security download process that scans the file then puts it somewhere, or deletes it because .jnlp files are on its blacklist for security reasons. 
maybe it does download but your security software that they `kindly` pre-installed  screws it up.
Did you build the computer yourself or is it one of those Packard Bell / Dell / etc pre-installed contraptions?

if you open your file explorer and do a search for *.jnlp you might find it elsewhere.. my guess tho, is something is scanning the file then deleting it. 

when you say you've tried new browsers.. that's not the same as `different browsers`
try firefox, try opera, try chrome. hell, try edge. try IE
these are all different browsers. 

If pre-installed security software is either deleting or moving the file elsewhere, there's a chance it'll not do that.. on a different browser. 

I'd give u simpler instructions but it'd involve telling you to check task manager, or browser extensions, or clicking on resident security programs that exist in your notification area, for this i would have to give you further instructions on how to do that. 

Edited by Steveleeb

Ok thx for all the help.I got it finally through command prompt,don't ask me how but I have workable version.

• Like 1

Just an FYI, this forum topic is for wurm Unlimited, not Wurm Online.

• Like 1