Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Revise the pvp affinity change for pvp

Devs need to listen to the pvpers on this, we don't like the fact we can leave fights empty handed without an affinity, to stop us gaining them on successful kill is a nerf to our perk, we're the ones who suggested they get moved to pve aswell to be gained via that playstyle to keep any fix fair, so we expect the same treatment. 

Pvp reward is already badly RNG based, 50%+ we even get loot because of rez stones, if you're with a team you already rolling vs x people to get the one affinity and if sombody with 4 mining affinities gets a mining affinity drop from a player, but fails to take it due to having four anyway, will it roll down to next person on the tabb??? 

Imo, if you kill a player you should get an affinity everytime as currently and focus more on the overkill side of the issue and the preventive measures as that. 

Or we add a perk such as sleep bonus which stacks or a temp time affinity of 24 hours of 20% skill gain in the affinity you failed to take. This should be added to make three possible rewards. 

You can post more ideas below. 

Edited by Mclavin

I think that a replacement to a failed affinity as Karma or Sleep Bonus is an option. Karma more than anything, given PVPers are known to benefit from Karma use. 

But yes, this is something that should be looked at. One of the very few perks of Chaos is being able to get affinities from your fallen enemies. Now this is being given to freedom as well. That's great, but there is no reason to nerf it on Chaos.

You get karma anyway from kills on ranked players , unless this was also changed since i stopped playing (hah ranks lol). And the same dudes who abuse alts for affinities would still abuse for sb. Face it the wurm team wont leave the affinity system as it was as they see it as a good way of punishing those who brought up the issue and another way of nailing down the coffin lid on pvp

• Like 3

Remove affinity transfer from hots/freedom Isles kingdom on chaos and then remove the king from hots to prevent people abusing it as a way to keep affinities while PvPing with the bonuses from titles. 

what in the hell was the logic behind making some kills not give affinities!? I literally can't figure it out...it's just a nerf without any reasoning why it needed nerfing o.o

• Like 8

When I posted about improvements to PvP in a few threads ago, I stated PvPers should get something new or extra because freedom can now receive affinities. They should still be given a affinity for a successful kill also!

However I also mentioned giving them a new resource that could be used to decorate their armour sets. Cosmetic only. However if that's to much to ask for you could potentially give them somthing already in the game. Anything such as, drake/dragon scrap no more than 0.01-0.05 per successful kill, a silver coin, a .40 kg moonmetal lump, etc. You could use existing code to give these rewards out from the Rifts, the participation system. " /rift "

Did I mention how this would fix the cost of PvP for new players? They can go into it with iron plate and maybe, just maybe come out with something worth a few silvers for fighting alongside their kingdom mates!

I'd make the chance to receive these items semi-rare so there not particularly frequent but frequent enough if all you do is PvP. This would introduce much more activity in chaos and epic. However with that said, you need to introduce diminishing returns so people don't kill alts over and over to abuse this and also fix the loophole with the current affinity mechanic. Increase the fight skill cap to 70 instead of 20 while your at it. Make sure non-premiums can't give items when they die.

Thanks.

Edited by Niki

Nah what wrong with the way that they want it many people are excited about the new update why make a bigger fuss?

• Like 1

You complained about what we had now you are complaining bout the changes. Call a wambulance!!

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Mclavin said:

Devs need to listen to the pvpers on this, we don't like the fact we can leave fights empty handed without an affinity, to stop us gaining them on successful kill is a nerf to our perk, we're the ones who suggested they get moved to pve aswell to be gained via that playstyle to keep any fix fair, so we expect the same treatment. 

Pvp reward is already badly RNG based, 50%+ we even get loot because of rez stones, if you're with a team you already rolling vs x people to get the one affinity and if sombody with 4 mining affinities gets a mining affinity drop from a player, but fails to take it due to having four anyway, will it roll down to next person on the tabb??? 

Imo, if you kill a player you should get an affinity everytime as currently and focus more on the overkill side of the issue and the preventive measures as that. 

Or we add a perk such as sleep bonus which stacks or a temp time affinity of 24 hours of 20% skill gain in the affinity you failed to take. This should be added to make three possible rewards. 

Get an affinity when you have 30+ ?!! please, give me a break,” we should get something from a kill “ yeah you get gear from the drop and extra skill gains, boom there ya go, you cried about affinity farming they changed the rules because of people crying and now your not happy and gonna cry some more, remember the crying the first time round brought these changes 

Edited by Deadcrow
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Mclavin said:

QQ

1 minute ago, Roninn said:

You complained about what we had now you are complaining bout the changes. Call a wambulance!!

I think middle ground needs to be reached still. A lot of the proposed changes are band-aid or quick fixes. Why not fix the loophole? PvP already has insane risks attached to it, why wouldn't you not get fairly rewarded for that? Like Mclovin say's you are already paying quite a bit being there with res stones, weapons and armour.

I'm not biased, I know a lot of people think I'm in this for self interest or whatever, but I just want the game to make sense.

I think it was important to give PvE the affinity system though. It's only right. PvP should of never had this system from the start, it should of been something else entirely, but the damage is done.  I am against outright nerfing the fair killing of player's for them though!

It helps to take a moment and understand the issue and plan accordingly is all I'm saying, instead of saying no you can't do that anymore all together! It's been a thing for what 10 years now? Fountain pan arguments here.

Thanks.

The old system was fine and the new system is fine. Pick which you want. I was pissed off when they talked about the changes.The new changes will not favor the high powered players with several affinities sounds pretty balanced to me. It even sounds like it's fairly well thought out. Sorry if this doesn't work for you perhaps you have too many affinities already.

27 minutes ago, Deadcrow said:

Just take affinities away and watch TC fall 

I think this speaks volumes about why they support this change. 

In reality this is a lazy way to "fix" the easy to abuse system we had before that this same group of players abused. 

• Like 1

My support has nothing to do with TC it has everything to do with balance. If you don't like the new system perhaps they should just roll it back to the old one then.

Can't roll back to a system if new one isn't in yet, but that's the point of feed back, you fine tune changes, if ebo don't want to get 4 body str affinities in pvp then don't cry later it's unfair you can't catch up. 

As said, it makes no sense to remove 100% affinity gains, it doesn't help it just adds more rng ontop of rez stones.

PVP is not happy with the affinity change on pvp servers, everybody is happy about the pve side of the change. 

And "crying" for change doesn't mean I have to support what I think is a bad idea to reach that change, we can do better. 

But ronin, i can quote that you was totally against any change but now you're happy that the idea I came up with for pve is going ahead?? Stop commenting with nonsense. Lol

If you had any clue what balance was for pvp then you would not agree with the change. 

If the old system was fine why do we see a wsa about it not being fine???? 

@deadcrow none of my affinities are farmed and if I remenber correctly it was the mass killing by ebo that put the wsa up.

And if maurizo supports that statement then his previous comments which can be quoted to go against that. Ebo need to jump off this post already, update doesn't make sense, QQ got can't exploit anymore. 

Edited by Mclavin

Well let’s face it the changes are made, let’s just hope the meditation changes don’t break the game ;) 

• Like 1

Changes aren't made lol, they share with us on the news then community  give feedback, the system is 7 years?? Old and it got changed, this system doesn't make sense and i hope devs revist this part. 

Edited by Mclavin

If ebo can atleast try make their bias less obvious that be great. All you guys are doing is a jakerivers tactic of just opposing suggestions cause your angry your affinity farming got taken away.

EDIT: you are

Edited by shankiest
  • Like 3

/looks at his one affinty  i still want them all removed :)

1 per char or alt

just add a decay to affinities, if you don't use them you lose them. but you can also gain new one's or retain some by doing those skills.

• Like 4

Kinda +1/-1, I'd be happy if affinity is missed on death, then killer gets a temp timed buff of 15-20% instead, just a little stronger in a random skill for few hours. Can't be transfered and is random +technically decays like you said. 

Your idea that sounds more for pve, not a pvp incentive/reward which many people I know, enjoy. 

Edited by Mclavin

The problems that are trying to be solved by this change are this.

1. People from freedom coming to chaos and killing alts or friends for affinities then leaving back to freedom. Or people selling affinities.

2. People killing a character repeatedly to transfer all the affinities to a new character they just bought.

Solution:-

A. After being on a deathtab you have a 1 hour logoff timer and you also cant leave the server via boat or epic portal for that hour.

B. Every player has a counter "Affinitiestolose" every week this counter increases by 1 up to a max of 5. On death if affinitiestolose is greater than zero they lose an affinity and affinitiestolose is decremented by 1.

These two items stop both points 1 and 2 and allow all other pvp mechanics and rewards to be unchanged.

• Like 4

82fd37f6773b6f041b80173443b7d3c9.png

28 minutes ago, Aetherion said:

just add a decay to affinities, if you don't use them you lose them. but you can also gain new one's or retain some by doing those skills.

Please don't add decay on affinities, just why - is your kingdom really this salty right now? You're making me actually dislike you guys now.ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

I'd simply suggest to scrap the idea altogether and quit tampering with ###### that directly effects skill gain. You're creating more windows of opportunities that will inevitably make it harder for others to catch up.

All that is needed to stop the abuse is a firm rule. It will stop most, and for those it doesn't, maybe a ban will get the message across.

Imo, creating mechanics that punish honest players to fix a problem that could easily be solved by a ruling is detrimental to the game and its players. There already is a rule for it about champions, so why not just extend it to everyone?

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4