Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

PVP idea

So this crazy idea. it's too bad the 2 opposite pvp clusters couldn't fight each other in some way. (epic vs choas) Seeing each had/has descent number to fight each other.

The way i see it. This would add a whole new political meta gaming to wurm. Can a cluster come together? work as a team to bet the other cluster?

And vise versa can the other cluster do the same?

I know balance issue and all aside with skill gain and items and so on, who when where ext.     *Just the idea its self for now. (choas vs epic)*

What do you guys think? 

7 minutes ago, gorgian said:

So this crazy idea. it's too bad the 2 opposite pvp clusters couldn't fight each other in some way. (epic vs choas) Seeing each had/has descent number to fight each other.

The way i see it. This would add a whole new political meta gaming to wurm. Can a cluster come together? work as a team to bet the other cluster?

And vise versa can the other cluster do the same?

I know balance issue and all aside with skill gain and items and so on, who when where ext.     *Just the idea its self for now. (choas vs epic)*

What do you guys think? 

Most people play both clusters and most chaos kingdoms are also the same group on Epic so what would happen is nothing. There is some who are not part of those groups as some freedomers play Epic for the pvp experience, but still.

Edited by Wulfgarr

fair enough, looked good on paper :) will see if i can come up with something out of the box that no one has though of yet.

• Like 2

An other idea i just had."Stat of mind"

Stat of mind before battle, in battle, or  after battle. ext. Where by if you kill a few people or you're just over run by the enemy, what have you. This could cause you go in to fancy(berserker + str ext) mode or in to fear mode (-1 mind ext). and so on. This could be a random rolls or based on state or the environment(god influence) a bit of everything something like this.

ATM there are not that many games that do this.

for example

So even if your 99 fs. for you mental health could simply take over, and you chr could runs away fall to his knees with out you controlling him for X reason. thus leaving the the playing field at random times.

But this could also work in the player with fs 99 in his favor. seeing the opponent also has a mental health check at random times or not so random. 

but you get the idea i hope. just adding an X variable in combat. 

2 hours ago, gorgian said:

An other idea i just had."Stat of mind"

Stat of mind before battle, in battle, or  after battle. ext. Where by if you kill a few people or you're just over run by the enemy, what have you. This could cause you go in to fancy(berserker + str ext) mode or in to fear mode (-1 mind ext). and so on. This could be a random rolls or based on state or the environment(god influence) a bit of everything something like this.

ATM there are not that many games that do this.

for example

So even if your 99 fs. for you mental health could simply take over, and you chr could runs away fall to his knees with out you controlling him for X reason. thus leaving the the playing field at random times.

But this could also work in the player with fs 99 in his favor. seeing the opponent also has a mental health check at random times or not so random. 

but you get the idea i hope. just adding an X variable in combat. 

Please stop.

19 minutes ago, Rasu said:

Please stop.

Okay lets hear your ideas then, or are you satisfied with the way pvp is now pop?

Edited by gorgian

The Crusaders group is like half of both chaos and elevation population.

The issue isn't we need some more mechanics to draw people, the problem is we have to many mechanics that never got properly balanced from the past.  If you want ideas I would say the 5 year running suggestion of removing sotg or med re-balance would be step 1 sotg puts you on an entirely different level from any account without it still even after the nerf none of the other paths come close to it and without it your considered almost a liability.

• Like 3

On 11/01/2018 at 2:00 PM, gorgian said:

Okay lets hear your ideas then?

Experiment: Host a very very small island, less than 1x1km. Allow epic portals to let you teleport you to said location. At this location you will be given 90 in every skill, and 60 in every body/mind/soul stat. In this island, it would be beautiful, and at the center of it all, a colosseum (could be a community design competition). Going up to the gate allows you to check a board that will show the current matches you may spectate, or people looking for matches. Here people can choose to make a match where the setting is customizable. You can choose 1v1, 5v5, even 1v4. Choose whether all weapon and armor types spawn, or if only certain ones and if its team specific. Here people can pvp without the risk of their items or skill being loss, and have fun fighting.

Hypothesis: People may try it out, see how boring it is fighting and would not want to make the gear to experience the bore that is wurm PvP. In other words, a waste of time.

PvP doesnt need ideas. Combat needs ideas, even against animals.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 2:37 PM, Darklords said:

the problem is we have to many mechanics that never got properly balanced from the past.  If you want ideas I would say the 5 year running suggestion of removing sotg or med re-balance would be step 1 sotg puts you on an entirely different level from any account without it still even after the nerf none of the other paths come close to it and without it your considered almost a liability.

Fixing the old bugs/balancing would only attract old players maybe a few new players. But like you said it's been 5 years, and the number of people being attracted to the game isn't there. We need new blood in the game. Which means new ideas. And yes, i know the look of the GUI si a turn off for lot of people new players. Which means of course every think needs to be fixed(bugs)/balance. When they do come, and not to be turn off by those problems, but we also need new rides/event to attract them because a lot of other games have simply a better looking play system. so long story short one thing would not help the over all picture we nee several things thus my idea. and hope some of you out there have some good ones to add to the list that no one has thought of yet. So the dev's can simple put all these idea on a shelf and pick and choose what they fell works best.

16 hours ago, Yiraia said:

PvP doesnt need ideas. Combat needs ideas, even against animals.

Well if you scroll up i had a combat idea, but was shot down by someone.