Sign in to follow this  
Malcore

Why nobody pvps in wurm.

2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Name one

Basically anything. Even mortal online has better PvP, and that's saying something.

Just now, Ratlin said:

Pubg

100% different kind of game. It's an FPS. Not all gamers like FPS's, what i meant by naming one is naming one that is within the genre

Just now, Budzilla said:

Even mortal online has better PvP, and that's saying something.

No it does not. Mortal online not only looks worse but it's fidgedy, the controls do not feel right, they're not as simple as standing next to your enemy and your characvter attacking by himself, but they are ######

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

No it does not. Mortal online not only looks worse but it's fidgedy, the controls do not feel right, they're not as simple as standing next to your enemy and your characvter attacking by himself, but they are ######

Hell yes it's bad, never died to a deer in Wurm.  But in Mortal Online, yep one killed me from across a river O.o

Edited by Nomadikhan

Just now, Gladiator said:

100% different kind of game. It's an FPS. Not all gamers like FPS's, what i meant by naming one is naming one that is within the genre

Sorry you said to name one not name one tailored to your own specific criteria that is biased towards Wurm which is the game you (rightly) enjoy playing.

I said PvP experience and lets face it you cannot deny that the PvP experience enjoyed by over 3 millon players in PubG is superior in every way to the experience enjoyed by less than a 100 players in Wurm.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ratlin said:

Pubg

Don't forget Rust, WoW Arenas/RBGs, Eve. Plenty more I think are better than Wurm PvP in it's current state.

Almost forgot Haven and Hearth.

10 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Name one

I'm literally amazed you think Wurm PvP turn-based combat and pile-jumping is "Good" PvP. It's all about the numbers. Can it have the adrenaline rush? Sure you risk a lot, unless you don't care about 100 drake sets.

Edited by Niki

Just now, Ratlin said:

Sorry you said to name one not name one tailored to your own specific criteria that is biased towards Wurm which is the game you (rightly) enjoy playing.

I said PvP experience and lets face it you cannot deny that the PvP experience enjoyed by over 3 millon players in PubG is superior in every way to the experience enjoyed by less than a 100 players in Wurm.

Nothing stops you from enjoying Pubg and Wurm both. And having a great opinion of both games. As a matter of fact a few of the guys in TC enjoy both games. Thats why you can compare the two. They are completely different games and generes.

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

Don't forget Rust, WoW Arenas/RBGs, Eve. Plenty more I think are better than Wurm PvP in it's current state.

I'm literally amazed you think Wurm PvP turn-based combat and pile-jumping is "Good" PvP. It's all about the numbers. Can it have the adrenaline rush? Sure you risk a lot, unless you don't care about 100 drake sets.

Question Niki, have you tried Wurm PVP at all?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ratlin said:

I enjoy playing Wurm. I enjoy playing Dota. I also enjoy playing Pubg actually, But for different reasons...

1 minute ago, Ratlin said:

It is not superior in every way. I'm not playing Wurm because it has the best combat , no... I'm playing it because i can build stuff, i can create things, i can do 1000 things i can not do in games like PUBG. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

I enjoy playing Wurm. I enjoy playing Dota. I also enjoy playing Pubg actually, But for different reasons...

It is not superior in every way. I'm not playing Wurm because it has the best combat , no... I'm playing it because i can build stuff, i can create things, i can do 1000 things i can not do in games like PUBG. 

10 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Nothing stops you from enjoying Pubg and Wurm both. And having a great opinion of both games. As a matter of fact a few of the guys in TC enjoy both games. Thats why you can compare the two. They are completely different games and generes.

Again lets make this clear .... i'm not disparaging Wurm i'm just trying to inject a bit of realism into a topic about increasing participation in PvP in this game.

Yes you can enjoy more than one game, i split my time equally (currently) between Wurm and Elite Dangerous ... that's not the point.

The Point is that there is a big pool of PvPers out there and they have a massive selection of PvP orientated games to play ...... the reality is that this game when compared to it's competition in both the broadest and most focused of terms is not comparable to any other PvP orientated game created in the last 10 years.

I understand you may enjoy the PvP here and i don't deny that others may enjoy it here ... BUT YOU HAVE TO GET THEM HERE FIRST BEFORE THEY'LL KNOW.

• Like 2

Checks Chaos player count past two months.   Yeap nothing wrong here move along please. 

Give people a reason to go pvp / live play on Chaos. The pvp'ers need some serious Love by the Dev's.   

Edited by Sunnyside

2 minutes ago, Sunnyside said:

Checks Chaos player count past two months.   Yeap nothing wrong here move along please. 

*checks what Holidays that was*

20 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Question Niki, have you tried Wurm PVP at all?

Have you grinded a account by yourself? What type of question is that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rasu said:

*checks what Holidays that was*

Yea, that must be it....

I didn't realize Christmas was 2 months long.

1 minute ago, Budzilla said:

Yea, that must be it....

I didn't realize Christmas was 2 months long.

During this time of year the pop always drops.

I know people enjoy making up numbers / facts to try and prove a point , but here for anyone that would care too look at the Chaos numbers for the past year! yes the last year

Avg player count on Wild for the past year is  22 players   Now them sir are hard facts. Not some made up number.

http://QHH1EUx.png

Edited by Sunnyside
  • Like 1

I'm not here to bash, but numbers dont lie. if you compare similar pvp game to wurm with out the sandbox building. you will see for yourself there's something wrong. as for the pve or pvp sandbox/building you can also do the same and compare.

And thank you Sunnyside. i was heading the same direction. 

• Like 1

Forum bashing is all the " pvpers " have to do now a days. Just look at the forum post vs number of Average players logged into Chaos.  Now tell me anyone see anything wrong here ? lol 

Give them a reason to pvp  risk vs reward is a thing.  

Edited by Sunnyside

2 minutes ago, Sunnyside said:

Forum bashing is all the " pvpers " have to do now a days. Just look at the forum post vs number of Average players logged into Chaos.  Now tell me anyone see anything wrong here ? lol 

While I type this I am pvping.

3 minutes ago, Sunnyside said:

Would be nice if this thread had more constructive posts instead of flaming others.

1 minute ago, Niki said:

Would be nice if this thread had more constructive posts instead of flaming others.

Agreed , we need more positive things to say not hard facts or numbers.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gorgian said:

direct compression to two very similar products 

LIF

http://steamcharts.com/app/290080

WU

http://steamcharts.com/app/366220

In my opion LIF has even worse combat/less building but why do people like this more?

I know not very positive but, the question is still valid.

2 things I see from comments on WU that turns people off,  they don't like or are confused by the old simplistic gui or they are thrown into a sandbox game that explains very little to you and expects you to figure out 99% of the game so they rage quit after an hour of not knowing what to really do with the game.

Me personally, I joined wurm ages before I started playing serious and filled that rage quit after like 45 mins from not understanding side until someone convinced me to try again over a year later and I found a nice group on freedom who taught me the ropes.

Just my 2 cents on that, I'm sure there is more to it but those are 2 of the main issues keeping people from even really giving the game a fair chance gameplay wise first impressions mean a lot.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Because people rather not spend years honing their accounts and making them strong to just have a 2 day old guy come over and clean their clock making all their effort wasted.

Same reason why PVErs don't want someone brand new to imp stuff to 90ql without doing any effort to gain the skill first. Look at all the uproar allowing people from Epic to come to Chaos caused, and those guys actually grinded their skills.

This is one reason why, as someone simply evaluating the game, I went with Epic. I could see that it would take years to build a good account on Freedom, and that Freedom was much more populated with veterans, which meant a new account there would be far less useful and meaningful. I saw little point in playing on Freedom.

The far lower pop on Epic, and the curve, meant I could have a meaningful account more quickly. (The Freedom transfer, however, devalued my new account on Epic, with so many effective 99 skills coming over.)

I hear so many veterans talking against anything that might devalue their hard-earned skills, and I get that, but at the same time, I see an unawareness that their very existence devalues new accounts.

These factors all combine to discourage new players:

- Wurm does not support free-to-play (to me, the free-to-20 skill cap is simply a demo);

- Wurm requires a great deal of time to become effective and useful;

- Wurm has been running for many years, and now has many good accounts;

The actual content of the game aside, new players will quickly see that they must pay premium for a long time, just to play catch-up, or else pay a stiff up-front fee for a good account. How many quietly decide to do something else with their time and money?

Out of curiosity, has Wurm Online ever had a dedicated, isolated PvP server where not only the world was wiped, but all accounts were as well? Declare a victorious kingdom after a year, make a hall of fame (maybe even write the history as a story in the wiki), reset the world and accounts, and do it all over again, with new features. (I suppose that's like WU...)

• Like 1

Here is the point though, you can see from many threads in regards to " PVP "  that people have either a genuine invested interest in pvp'ing in Wurm and or just curious about and might would go pvp.  This is the thing, if you give the pvp'ers more of a reason to live / play on Chaos. The leaders / PMK will recruit / or try to recruit , guide them , show them out right teach them.  PvP is not a solo thing it should be imo , in a open world pvp game , a team based play style.  My only hope is that for the people who want to pvp and the people curious about pvp in Wurm don't give up just yet maybe the Dev's will come up with a good reason to live / play on Chaos. 

edit: like Roccaandil's idea.  

Edited by Sunnyside