Sign in to follow this  
Malcore

Why nobody pvps in wurm.

4 hours ago, Arbro said:

I am at Serenity but there is no one there. Haw can  change server?

There are a number of people playing in JK on both Serenity and Elevation. Connect with me via private message and I can get you connected to someone on whichever server you want.

• Like 1

[12:12:48] Monroe 274 is being conquered.
[12:13:48] Monroe 274 is being conquered.
[12:14:48] Monroe 274 is being conquered.
[12:15:48] Monroe 274 is being conquered.
[12:15:48] Neowyn conquers Monroe 274.
[12:37:41] Neowyn slain by Nicedreams Foxfire Chiry Torvalar Vomusu
[12:39:24] Kijan slain by Nicedreams Foxfire Chiry Torvalar Vomusu
[12:39:45] Oldsleepys slain by Nicedreams Foxfire Chiry Torvalar Vomusu
[12:40:16] Kassadin slain by Foxfire Chiry Vomusu Torvalar
[12:44:03] Sleepys slain by Nicedreams Lucky Foxfire Chiry Halvard Vomusu Torvalar
[12:44:49] Themystrix slain by Lucky Foxfire Chiry Torvalar Vomusu
[12:46:05] Halvard slain by Lucky Foxfire Chiry Vomusu Torvalar

• Like 2

On 4/4/2018 at 8:15 AM, Alexgopen said:

72c2897f9d8690446d77e1f9136b1ac3.jpg

[02:15:20] You can't work with the small catapult. This area is too crowded.

just look at all those weeds, its too crowded

• Like 2

On 1/10/2018 at 1:00 PM, Inventor said:

I quit reading after this guy linked 1-4 year old videos of Grand Battles ( ooooh aaaaah ) LoL and then noticed 14 people 'Liked' his post.  W T F.

Seriously, I've seen video's of dead horses getting beat on that was newer than the ones you linked.

But, hey, PvP's not dead... 

jxA2Kmr.jpg

5 hours ago, Stormblade said:

I quit reading after this guy linked 1-4 year old videos of Grand Battles ( ooooh aaaaah ) LoL and then noticed 14 people 'Liked' his post.  W T F.

Seriously, I've seen video's of dead horses getting beat on that was newer than the ones you linked.

jxA2Kmr.jpg

b09329de143a56f8fe6ba06eaca10da8.png

More players than any other Freedom server with the exception of Xanadu (which is insanely large). And that's during low activity times. 

You might want to check your facts before doing wild claims. Chaos has been particularily active the past month or so.

7 hours ago, Stormblade said:

Your response does not correlate with what I was responding to, but hey, keep being mad or whatever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

b09329de143a56f8fe6ba06eaca10da8.png

More players than any other Freedom server with the exception of Xanadu (which is insanely large). And that's during low activity times. 

You might want to check your facts before doing wild claims. Chaos has been particularily active the past month or so.

I generally consider it to be more honest to compare game type to game type, with the Freedom/Chaos/Epic split being 278/52/19 or 80%/15%/5%.

Still, having 20% of your player base interested in PvP is nothing to sneeze at, and fits with my experience with games where there is the option to play the same game with or without pvp.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Darmalus said:

I generally consider it to be more honest to compare game type to game type, with the Freedom/Chaos/Epic split being 278/52/19 or 80%/15%/5%.

Still, having 20% of your player base interested in PvP is nothing to sneeze at, and fits with my experience with games where there is the option to play the same game with or without pvp.

Chaos is the second most populated server in the game at the moment. Considering everyone on Chaos is a Chaos player but not everyone on Freedom is a Freedom player (Many Chaos people go to Freedom often, but the reverse is not true) numbers on Chaos can be expected to be higher. Still even without counting that, its hard to say PVP is dead. 

If we count the entire epic clustser (its 4 servers) as a single server, we end up with an average of 35 players per server, and a 20% of the entire population of Wurm present on pvp servers at that time. Like Darmalus said, thats no joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

Chaos is the second most populated server in the game at the moment. Considering everyone on Chaos is a Chaos player but not everyone on Freedom is a Freedom player (Many Chaos people go to Freedom often, but the reverse is not true) numbers on Chaos can be expected to be higher. Still even without counting that, its hard to say PVP is dead. 

If we count the entire epic clustser (its 4 servers) as a single server, we end up with an average of 35 players per server, and a 20% of the entire population of Wurm present on pvp servers at that time. Like Darmalus said, thats no joke.

Who said it was a joke to begin with?  350 sounds a bit low, I would have been less surprised to see 500 total, putting pvp at 10%.  Let's say it's somewhere in the middle, so 15%.  That's not really that surprising.

The title was "Why nobody pvp's in Wurm."  You've shown that to be inaccurate, 15% of the people in Wurm pvp.  Cool.  I think we kinda knew that already but even so, how does it change anything?  I'm just not sure what we're supposed to do with that information. :huh:

3 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

350 sounds a bit low

Wait a minute... these are based on actual server player counts, why are you willing to increase the total population, and not the populations of the pvp servers, just to get a number or percentage you're more comfortable with?  Looking at the numbers right now there are 64 between Epic and Chaos, total, and 312 Players in Wurm total.  That means at least 21% of the Players on right this second are engaged on pvp servers... not including those who split their time between Chaos and another Freedom server.

13 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

I'm just not sure what we're supposed to do with that information.

I think the point is more about what the Devs do with that information.

Just now, Reylaark said:

Who said it was a joke to begin with?  350 sounds a bit low, I would have been less surprised to see 500 total, putting pvp at 10%.  Let's say it's somewhere in the middle, so 15%.  That's not really that surprising.

The title was "Why nobody pvp's in Wurm."  You've shown that to be inaccurate, 15% of the people in Wurm pvp.  Cool.  I think we kinda knew that already but even so, how does it change anything?  I'm just not sure what we're supposed to do with that information. :huh:

lets make and transport pmk things to freedom for money!

2 hours ago, Sjarn said:

Wait a minute... these are based on actual server player counts, why are you willing to increase the total population, and not the populations of the pvp servers, just to get a number or percentage you're more comfortable with?  Looking at the numbers right now there are 64 between Epic and Chaos, total, and 312 Players in Wurm total.  That means at least 21% of the Players on right this second are engaged on pvp servers... not including those who split their time between Chaos and another Freedom server.

I'm just thinking that, historically, 350 seems really low.  Is that the new normal since WU?  Does it not seem low to you?  Was hoping the snapshot was taken off prime-time or something.

Had I kept Chaos at 52 but increased the total to 500, then it would be 10%, but I figured that wouldn't be fair so guestimated roughly 15%.

I'm not lumping Epic and Chaos into one population as they've been described as separate by quite a few pvp players as of late.  Might be more convenient to put them together now, I get that.

Far as splitting time between Chaos and other Freedom servers, people split time between Freedom and Epic as well.  We're all Wurmiacs at the end of the day.

2 hours ago, Sjarn said:

I think the point is more about what the Devs do with that information.

Kinda thinking Angel didn't post that for the benefit of the Devs.  They don't need a screenprint to inform their decisions, they have much more insightful metrics available to them.

8 minutes ago, tamat said:

lets make and transport pmk things to freedom for money!

oh, is that the take-away? :lol:

Well that makes sense.  If 15% of the pop has exclusive access to something another 80% want... mo money mo money!

4 hours ago, Reylaark said:

I was responding to Stormblade's post, which is the person I quoted. He was implying pvp is dead. Pvp isnt dead. Wurm is. The pvp numbers are actually healthy when compared to the overall population.

Chaos numbers go up to 70-80 during peak times, sometimes up to 100.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I was responding to Stormblade's post, which is the person I quoted. He was implying pvp is dead. Pvp isnt dead. Wurm is. The pvp numbers are actually healthy when compared to the overall population.

Chaos numbers go up to 70-80 during peak times, sometimes up to 100.

I feel like there were times over the years when Chaos was in the teens so yeah, it's definitely grown.

Can't help but think of:

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." -Mark Twain

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

I feel like there were times over the years when Chaos was in the teens so yeah, it's definitely grown.

Can't help but think of:

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." -Mark Twain

Come give it a try. We'll gear you up and give you a place to stay. Even @Nikitried it to stay. What is there to loose?

Well, okay, maybe your sanity.

• Like 2

Sorry if my post came off as aggressive and condescending. ( p.s. I went back read throu the rest of  the posts )  I was trying to point out the video's you linked was from years ago at what some

consider the height of the PvP community.

( insert drama, bs, behind the scenes in game and out of game crap going on ) and the community dwindled, yes, it did. Wish none of that crap ever happened

What I"m trying to say is, we need inspiration, not gimmics, not 'heres your bone have at it' type stuff, but True Inspiration.

INSPIRE me to come PvP.  Thats what I'd like to point out that is severely lacking in the PvP community relations.

Give us that UMPH ooh yeah I want in on that.

We hear word of mouth of this and that going on, but Inspire us to come join in on the fun.  Yes, I see PvP as fun, do I do it constantly, no, just every once in a while when I"m truly inspired.

I  have friends that PvP and they're always trying to talk me into moving to chaos, or as I recently did, try epic.

I just can't get that feeling of inspiration of OMFG THIS IS SO COOL, ya know?

It's probably there, but dang if I want to sit around inside a deed in a castle doing gawd knows what for hours on end ( heck I do enough of that on Indy as it is ... and it's boring )

Honestly I liked how it used to be PvP rewards stayed on PvP as a Reason to continue PvPing ( please no arguements on that ) I just think that there should be some inspiration there as 

far as bringing in fresh players, old players or converts, Let them earn some kind of reward that keeps their intrest and keeps the PvP community growing.

( as always I Love MCs video's, now That is a person that can inspire others ) 

• Like 3

I've never done Wurm PvP...but let me tell you why...it's very simple... I worked a long time to get the stuff I have, and I don't want someone else to get my stuff.  That's it, nothing more.  I love the ideals of being part of a kingdom, defending your stronghold or even your simple farm from raiders, but ....I like my stuff....  :D

If a bear kills me, I can try to go back and get my stuff.  If a troll kills me, I can try to go back and get my stuff.  If a player kills me, they got my stuff, and I will have to kill them before they sell off or give away my stuff.

At least this is the understanding I've had of PvP vs PvE.  :P

• Like 2

Just now, Dorian said:

I've never done Wurm PvP...but let me tell you why...it's very simple... I worked a long time to get the stuff I have, and I don't want someone else to get my stuff.  That's it, nothing more.  I love the ideals of being part of a kingdom, defending your stronghold or even your simple farm from raiders, but ....I like my stuff....  :D

If a bear kills me, I can try to go back and get my stuff.  If a troll kills me, I can try to go back and get my stuff.  If a player kills me, they got my stuff, and I will have to kill them before they sell off or give away my stuff.

Most kingdoms (if not all of them) provide gear for people - weapons, armour, tools etc, re-gearing after death included. Of course if you take a boat full of rares you're gonna lose it sooner or later. You can even just sail to chaos for a pvp and go back to your freedom deed if you want.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dorian said:

All that stuff you worked hard to get, what is it for ? Does it even serve a purpose? Does it help you at all? I mean you can survive freedom just as well with starter gear and can build huge castles and deeds with starter tools, it would take longer and would be harder but Freedom is so easy to play on that it is doable. you acquiring insanely good materials, weapons, armour, tools, horsegear, those things that could be lost in PVP, you got them for no reason. Just to get them. Over on chaos everythnig has meaning, you dont just dress up in drakesets because they're pretty, you do so because they serve a purpose : you not getting yourself killed that easily. For you will get yourself killed, over and over and over again and so will everybody else but at the very least you know that it wasn't for nothing. Those rare tools you use to build up walls , make defences, those drakesets you use to fight in, those weapons you bash the ###### out of your enemy's head with, those Guard towers help you expand your teritory more safely, Deeds keep enemies at bay, rare boats and rare horsegear get you a quick getaway.... it all serves a purpose without which i cannot play.... 

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 2

To add to what Gladiator and Vomusu said, gear changes hands so much. Torvalar's drake set used to belong to Threap. Chiry has Ciray's set, which was gotten from another player. We got a bunch of rare tools from a deed recently. It all goes back to the players. I am wearing a moon metal maul we got from Panda. It goes on and on.

You can sit on Freedom and tend to your garden so you can sell your stuff to some dude so you can buy more rares to collect, and have a pretty deed that likely no one will ever see. You can make a motel no one will use, a church no one will worship in, a market no one will shop at.

Or you can go to Chaos and make a deed people will duck into when running from the enemy. A hotel people will stay in when staging or a raid. You can breed horses people will need to go to battle and win fights. You can make veggies that will be used to enchant and replace weapons. You can imp tools blunted in battle.

But more important than all of that, you will forge long lasting friendships and meaningful rivalries unmatched by anything on Freedom. You can ask your kingdom mate to sell you an armor set or two, and have her tell you not to worry about it. You will dig along with 5 more dudes to erect a dirt wall, or stand guard with your best friend guarding the king as he recharges the artifacts. 

Everything you do on Chaos has a meaning and a purpose you will never have on Freedom. Once you cross that border, it is a completely different world. Money suddenly does not matter and there is always something to do, and someone to do it with. 

I know why I do what I do for. Do you?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

and have a pretty deed that likely no one will ever see

to be fair i liked to decorate my house on elevation as if it was a canvas and no one would really see it but i saw it and that was all that mattered

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Everything you do on Chaos has a meaning and a purpose you will never have on Freedom. Once you cross that border, it is a completely different world. Money suddenly does not matter and there is always something to do, and someone to do it with. 

I know why I do what I do for. Do you?

This might be one of the best statements I've ever seen on the forums. Plz send me wagons,banners, moonmetal weaps and scale sets (which are still sold off chaos) for free :) /sarcasm off. If pvp isn't someone's cup of tea, don't degrade them for it, accept their opinion and move on.

37 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

This might be one of the best statements I've ever seen on the forums. Plz send me wagons,banners, moonmetal weaps and scale sets (which are still sold off chaos) for free :) /sarcasm off. If pvp isn't someone's cup of tea, don't degrade them for it, accept their opinion and move on.

Who am I degrading? Please point it out. And why do I need to give you anything for free? You are not my bud. You are not doing anything for me or my kingdom. But you are welcome to join us, and I'll help you make all the banners you need. Well, maybe not you, I doubt they'll let you in. But you know what I mean.

Just as people are allowed to boast about what they like about pve, so am I allowed to boast about what I like about pvp. Accept my opinion and move on.

Edited by Angelklaine

2 hours ago, Stormblade said:

Sorry if my post came off as aggressive and condescending. ( p.s. I went back read throu the rest of  the posts )  I was trying to point out the video's you linked was from years ago at what some

consider the height of the PvP community.

( insert drama, bs, behind the scenes in game and out of game crap going on ) and the community dwindled, yes, it did. Wish none of that crap ever happened

What I"m trying to say is, we need inspiration, not gimmics, not 'heres your bone have at it' type stuff, but True Inspiration.

INSPIRE me to come PvP.  Thats what I'd like to point out that is severely lacking in the PvP community relations.

Give us that UMPH ooh yeah I want in on that.

We hear word of mouth of this and that going on, but Inspire us to come join in on the fun.  Yes, I see PvP as fun, do I do it constantly, no, just every once in a while when I"m truly inspired.

I  have friends that PvP and they're always trying to talk me into moving to chaos, or as I recently did, try epic.

I just can't get that feeling of inspiration of OMFG THIS IS SO COOL, ya know?

It's probably there, but dang if I want to sit around inside a deed in a castle doing gawd knows what for hours on end ( heck I do enough of that on Indy as it is ... and it's boring )

Honestly I liked how it used to be PvP rewards stayed on PvP as a Reason to continue PvPing ( please no arguements on that ) I just think that there should be some inspiration there as 

far as bringing in fresh players, old players or converts, Let them earn some kind of reward that keeps their intrest and keeps the PvP community growing.

( as always I Love MCs video's, now That is a person that can inspire others ) 

You aren't wrong, but my god is it triggering when someone says casually "yeah i dont pvp because of x" and x is some completely asinine, untrue, made up ###### reason that doesn't actually exist.

Its like walking down an aisle at a walmart and hearing some lady say "Yeah i don't use the toaster oven because the illuminati put mind control brainwaves in it"

Youd clearly be like, what the ######? Now lets say you go to walmart once a day for whatever reason, and you hear a different person every single day mention their toaster oven letting loose mind control brainwaves and that the illuminati built it that way, youd eventually ask someone "why do you keep saying that?" So you end up proving them wrong maybe, and then you just get a "i don't like to use the toaster oven", which is an acceptable answer that doesn't make you sound like a dumbass. Just like "I don't prefer to PvP" is an acceptable answer, but, "I don't PvP because you have to buy drake or scale to participate" is a dumb, ignorant statement, and it gets worse when they go around telling every new player they come across some made up crap, like telling every new person that walks into a walmart that toaster ovens can control your mind.

Edited by Prophetears
  • Like 2