Sign in to follow this  
Malcore

Why nobody pvps in wurm.

person who prefers a defensive base rather than attractive base would not care about.

the great conference room of Kings Landing. Epic, Elevation.

1K5svzt.jpg

can't forget a mans gotta sleep, i know you're thinking what if they raid? Don't worry, my bed was on the dirt wall!

1BkGKXJ.jpg

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

person who prefers a defensive base rather than attractive base would not care about.

U40ZCce.png

Can I join please! 

Edited by bangzuvelis
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bangzuvelis said:

U40ZCce.png

Can I join please! 

Squad

10904618_958149697530065_606596508030698

lol some old photos of events/recruitment i made/took

10668758_10152660378364840_4197302234972

af765f316b3256b9e9672fe93267725f.jpg

https://gyazo.com/af765f316b3256b9e9672fe93267725f

10536259_862755620402807_257153646383519

10649707_859424197402616_764338947078550

10604630_10152701353944840_7931939958132

10575214_10152753486204840_4866765513599

10604630_10152701353944840_7931939958132

11181307_1014001451944889_71779524113055

oh, ugly dirt walls.

d01e6e8120176d71226cc6dce604689a.jpg
https://gyazo.com/d01e6e8120176d71226cc6dce604689a

my deed, black water ;'(

10983310_10153069807254840_4240296242160

10960188_958149794196722_699387594759148

10580888_855909114420791_177143147229225

My "ugly" deed isn't that ugly, is it?

10010638_789918254353211_343175707340641

10277541_789910791020624_837416732517443

10177887_789912041020499_610753952053002

1781148_789910101020693_8154374053699154

Forget the guy lockpicking through my back door, i thought i was on freedom half the time :D

29d2191f59c8e0e45ed227399932fd3b.png
https://gyazo.com/29d2191f59c8e0e45ed227399932fd3b

Edited by Mclavin

lol you good now? @Mclavin

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

im slowly gonna break down her replies with pictures, give me a day.

Also I'm pretty sure you are referring to Yiraia, just wanna make sure you know that he is a guy, not a girl :P

• Like 1

I do this a lot but if somebody has what I feel is a girlish name, I just reffer to as she. My best mate was Rosedragon (not original) but I kept calling him a she. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

oh are we talking about decorations here

My alcohol storage room, in the capital of MR on elevation

Spoiler

vAMd6Tf.png

namekat

Spoiler

3jJm8OH.png

Old elevation, road to the WL made by Sme (I helped... sort of..)  Mag pointing at the altar, and it was split to go towards MR and JK kingdoms at left/right of colossus

Spoiler

gbV1rs4.png

also the capital of MR on elevation, probably 90% of what I own on epic are rare decorations which served to detract visually from the piles of traitor corpses

Spoiler

8J3jE6R.png

the best gatehouse on elevation, before rude bl stole my treasure banners

Spoiler

1oOIKnD.png

could probably pull hundreds more out but these were still uploaded to imgur and I don't care enough otherwise

• Like 2

this thread is garbage but since its a screenshot thread here have a few that i enjoy

new elevation, chopping down hota

Spoiler

wXEfVmf.jpg

my favorite view of CGC that I took at some point while doing a mission (mr capital)

Spoiler

oHeTil8.jpg

random picture of our elevation deed

Spoiler

kYLhcq3.jpg

new character skins are cool, mondain looking fashionable as always

Spoiler

1dBeLkm.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, revengo said:

But really, you should try it before you knock it.

The problem is that its not just trying. It will take time until I can experience what they are experiencing, and I have already experienced bits of what they have and have a firm assumption of what they are experiencing. If it was free and I didn't 4 college classes, a perfect gpa to maintain, and a job then I would put wurm PvP into my schedule to try it out because what is there to lose? However i see more than enough evidence that it is not my cup of tea. Im pretty sure there are games out there I can suggest for you and you would said "Oh screw that, its not like wurm PvP, I like wurm PvP because blah" but instead you don't understand that when it comes out of my mouth and you continue to say "Nah man just try it" because you guys love it.

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

I am not sure what are you trying to accomplish by typing your responses inside the quotes of someone else, but I want you to know its cancer to read and I am done reading it lol. Not going to bother anymore.

At least on the previous ones you were going paragraph by paragraph, which in itself is pretty bad. But now you are mixing your responses inside the paragraphs of whatever the other person replies. I am just going to assume you are saying something nonesensical and move on from there.

My God.

It was much easier when there were no pictures in the chat, and the posts weren't so long. It got annoying scrolling up the chat and quoting a message and removing all the stuff (probably an easier way but idk how) when all i saw was a bunch of huge crappy videos, a picture with a hand going through 3 heads, and some wurm pictures that depict pvp that i have already seen many many times.

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

This is what I see.

Really? lol I rather not have to reread every person's other posts to try and figure out what you are trying to say.

I am really feeling the one sidedness here. Nobody asked Mclavin to make spoilers so it wouldnt be annoying scrolling through this mess :P 

Ciray again you are showing how much you are favoring towards what PvPers are talking about even when it makes little sense. Building is not combat. You don't go to martial arts school learning how to rebuild the wall your enemies are tearing down... actually I don't know that 100%, that is a huge guess XD. Can somebody show me one? As for the Devs spending more time with PvE and PvP, wouldnt that justify that PvP is merely the side game and not the main game? Mclavin said something along the lines of PvP being the real wurm and PvE is just the side portion IIRC. And looking at the wurm map, it seems like the islands are quite populated with buildings (I can't say people because the map won't show that) Civilizations are made in plenty of places and leave little areas that even show activity from previous players. Thinning the population of the server would result in more people having land not just for deeds, but to create orchards and still have a bit of wilderness for hunting, which is needed for PvE-ers. The clay comparison is not supposed to be a thrill from fight, Just a source of excitement when simply getting the materials needed for crafting. If I was simply looking for a good fight, I would log off of wurm immediately. I guess that is where the confusion is with that statement. Also, is 10 to 7 new people in 1 spot training is supposed to be impressive? 

As for your pictures Mclavin I only see 1 set of christmas gear, not loads like I had mentioned. I have seen people buy premium and accounts like its nobody's business and stack up on these items just to sell them. Would you buy so many prem alts for the christmas gear or would the main reason to be more people to perform more actions when building.

IM DONE. NO NO NO NO NO NO

Haha yes! Would you like to join me in some minecraft team based pvp?? How much have you played it?? If not, just like revengo said, "try it before you knock it." I bet there are many other games where you looked at the trailer and saw how the game WORKS and decided not to play it.

im slowly gonna break down her replies with pictures, give me a day.

It is my job to make sure a person understands something even if the topic seems impossible to understand. I once spent 10 days total (maybe about 3 hours each) explaining to a person how a log function works even with his issues with memory and how much he disliked math (he was a business major and just wanted money :) ). After the 10th day he took his test and passed the class after failing several other tests and I could have gone longer explaining how logs work to him. Others would give up and just show him how to do each problem and walk away, I stood there and told him how things work. He was very happy with my patience/stubbornness and frequently comes back asking me for help. I honestly don't think you are ever going to realize why others are not joining your game, and neither will the other PvPers that are easily showing how one sided you are, but I will continue telling you why until you go crazy or give up because I enjoy it :D 

Oh didn't realize Page 13, Those pictures aren't making wurm PvP look any better XD. The buildings I have seen in PvE look way better. I'm not sure if you guys are trolling or if you guys actually have that bad tastes. 

1 hour ago, bangzuvelis said:

Are 3 flags placed into the ground followed by storage along the walls supposed to impress me? Or is it the group of people.

As for Mclavin I'll talk about each picture in number order :D 

1.) Congrats on 1 room that is indeed extremely dull..

2.) Did you really send a picture of a building without a roof and tried to pass it off as good?

3.) #squadgoals not #attractivebase

4,5,6,7.) propaganda... not really a base in there...

8.) is the blue dye supposed to impress me.. or the guy on the roof.. either way, no attractive base here

9.) plenty of flat portions indicating lazy landscaping. Also its just a road...

10.) It was bad the first time, why did you post it again...

11.) Propaganda again...

12.) that isn't too bad, but still quite ugly. All im seeing is buildings and fences... no decor anywhere really

13.) Slightly better, still minimal effort really.

14.) That is a really small portion of the building and i can see through the windows... theres nothing in there ._.

15.) WOAH BEAUTIFUL!!! 10/10. The way the forges are lined up is amazing the altars are made out of GOLD. This is very very attractive. (seriously though.. why was that even posted)

16.) Im seeing willow trees and a stone wall...

17,18,19.) all still not that good really. Congrats on planting an oak tree in the middle of a gravel road... and making a functional land bridge..

I'm going to assume there are much more beautiful buildings out there though, it would be unfair to assume this is the best pvp has in terms of good looking buildings. I'm not saying I may good looking places, but If i had the time and character skill, the land around me would look more natural, have a dock that looks nice, and if the game wouldn't be so laggy I would add more furniture (My fault though really. Couldn't afford a huge deed). The roads im seeing are hideous, the architecture lacks bridges to give a more interesting look, some of the decor im seeing is just a huge mess of items. I'm even seeing extremely ugly land bridges yet no actual bridges (Not saying there aren't any, just thats all you decided to show). You guys are only reinforcing my "false information" :/ 

5 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Oh didn't realize Page 13, Those pictures aren't making wurm PvP look any better XD. The buildings I have seen in PvE look way better. I'm not sure if you guys are trolling or if you guys actually have that bad tastes. 

Are 3 flags placed into the ground followed by storage along the walls supposed to impress me? Or is it the group of people.

As for Mclavin I'll talk about each picture in number order :D 

1.) Congrats on 1 room that is indeed extremely dull..

2.) Did you really send a picture of a building without a roof and tried to pass it off as good?

3.) #squadgoals not #attractivebase

4,5,6,7.) propaganda... not really a base in there...

8.) is the blue dye supposed to impress me.. or the guy on the roof.. either way, no attractive base here

9.) plenty of flat portions indicating lazy landscaping. Also its just a road...

10.) It was bad the first time, why did you post it again...

11.) Propaganda again...

12.) that isn't too bad, but still quite ugly. All im seeing is buildings and fences... no decor anywhere really

13.) Slightly better, still minimal effort really.

14.) That is a really small portion of the building and i can see through the windows... theres nothing in there ._.

15.) WOAH BEAUTIFUL!!! 10/10. The way the forges are lined up is amazing the altars are made out of GOLD. This is very very attractive. (seriously though.. why was that even posted)

16.) Im seeing willow trees and a stone wall...

17,18,19.) all still not that good really. Congrats on planting an oak tree in the middle of a gravel road... and making a functional land bridge..

I'm going to assume there are much more beautiful buildings out there though, it would be unfair to assume this is the best pvp has in terms of good looking buildings. I'm not saying I may good looking places, but If i had the time and character skill, the land around me would look more natural, have a dock that looks nice, and if the game wouldn't be so laggy I would add more furniture (My fault though really. Couldn't afford a huge deed). The roads im seeing are hideous, the architecture lacks bridges to give a more interesting look, some of the decor im seeing is just a huge mess of items. I'm even seeing extremely ugly land bridges yet no actual bridges (Not saying there aren't any, just thats all you decided to show). You guys are only reinforcing my "false information" :/ 

Are you trolling? Or are you really this dense mate? Are you really criticizing the pvp servers for their taste in architecture?

What?

I do this a lot but if somebody has what I feel is a girlish name, I just reffer to as she. My best mate was Rosedragon (not original) but I kept calling him a she. 

Your name is kind of hard to go by though... oh, wait, here you are opening up Chaos's premier hotel experience...

Spoiler

rs_320x453-140520092803-jlrzpxemzogsoaqi

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Thread looks like a pve vs pvp thread lol,

wonder what camp I belong in as a pve carebear who has played on pvp servers for years without doing much pvp

Spoiler

919a0a29af6d2a402b447d1df21ac283--meme-w

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Are you trolling? Or are you really this dense mate? Are you really criticizing the pvp servers for their taste in architecture?

What?

A lot of what im seeing is functional with slight decor to make it look a bit better and then just functional stuff. I have seen much better in PvE and I would expect so because there is no need to worry about raiders, simply making the place look nice. Im not saying you guys can't make a really good looking place. Im just saying the place you are in won't allow it. Maybe a good looking defensive base, but not good looking altogether (unless you want it destroyed easily)

10 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

This thread is hilarious lol, keep it up "girls"

thats an insult to females.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

thats an insult to females.

at least we know who is an insult to pvers

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Yiraia said:

there's definitely nicer looking stuff out there, you can quite easily and safely build your aesthetic structures on and off deed just about anywhere on chaos lol, no one bothers to raid/grief someones flower patch and dirt pyramid unless they've been a real shithead.

for example, if you lived on chaos, you'd probably need to live in a fortified capital ;)

• Like 1

@EvaDalyshould post some of her deed's pictures. Sheer Pandemonium is one of the most beautiful deeds on Chaos as of this date. I'd say Kyara was nicer in its prime, but that deed is long gone. 2nd place of the one's I've visited so far should be the WU capital. @Spyshould show off WU talent :P

Ascalon is very nice, but its a practical deed, not designed to be pretty. I think atm Sheer Pandemonium is #1

I think You all should not accuse Yiraia for not trying pvp servers, her forum pvp is doing fine. Look at those huge walls of text. It's not an easy task to get through them.

• Like 6

I'll join you in Minecraft pvp, if you join us in wurm pvp! 

1 minute ago, Wilczan said:

I think You all should not accuse Yiraia for not trying pvp servers, her forum pvp is doing fine. Look at those huge walls of text. It's not an easy task to get through them.

Me when I saw that last wall-o-text he posted earlier:

a9c.png

Edited by Angelklaine

2 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

I'll join you in Minecraft pvp, if you join us in wurm pvp! 

You can't play minecraft mate, you can't drop scale there or zone off the border with artifacts.

Why is she going through each of my pics saying propaganda etc?? That was seperate reply since i found old pics, tho some of my deeds were in there i wasn't looking to show just bases. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

Yo Oak trees planted on gravel near a building called - insertwurmgodname- is as freedom as it gets, this was 4-5 years ago on my first account, your disses hurt!!!! 

Edited by Mclavin