Sign in to follow this  
Malcore

Why nobody pvps in wurm.

Crafters are just as important as the fighters, road builders/deed builders/tunnel makers/armor smithers/fighters all pitch in, the fights are normally supported by the back bone which is your crafters/skillers. 

But 95% of fighters will pitch in to help build or assist with crafting/building aswell. PvP is a choice, you can stay safe at a capital deed and help support a movement with the thrill of a little danger of a "raid"
or you can go out and learn to fight aswell, pvp is more than just combat when you're running a kingdom and looking to take over land/deeds and whatever else is advertised.

Skill loss in pvp is just Fight skill and Body stats. Body stats have 3x and within 15 minutes you'll have them back. Fight skill you will in most cases get that back through killing the enemy or hunting to get your weapon skills up.

I just simply dont understand whats the hate against, for example, me meeting someone on Celebration, becoming friends, and me inviting him to my pmk. There are a few people here speaking in absolutes "PvE players DO NOT want to play PVP". Really? How do you know? Did you ask every single player on freedom what their opinion is? If they really want to? Or did you suddenly declared yourself the official representative of the people of Freedom Isles?

Not only that, but these are the same people who go to.the extremes to bash pvpers as if we were a cancer that must be removed from Wurm. I started playing on Freedom, and my friends invited me to Chaos. I tried it, liked it, and stayed. I am a Freedomer first and Chaos player second. You can say I was converted. What is so wrong with that?

I could go at lenght saying all the dumb things that happen on Freedom: Players fleecing other players for money, Charging 8 silver for a non rare long sword. People refusing to help a new player move from one island to another and telling them instead to build a boat. Yet you dont see me telling Freedomers how cancerous Freedom people can be. This is the type of thinking that throw off so many people, the reason why many live alone in a corner of Xanadu with little interaction with the rest of the game.

@YiraiaThats a very nice graph. It is also a comparison of all the Freedom Servers including Xanadu (which is the largest and has more people than all freedom servers combined) vs. Chaos. Now compare it to any other server, except Xanadu, and you'll see a different story. Also, show me any similar game out there that has clearly divided pve vs pvp sides where pvp vastly outnumbers pve players. Then you can reliably talk numbers.

• Like 2

1/4 of our kingdom are from Freedom and came over to start out slow and learn. They started out by helping us with the foundations of deeds and roads etc and slowly got more and more into the pvp side.
One guy who was only here to craft, pvp's more than his partner who was here for the pvp! 

I don't get the thread, seems like 7 pages of the same thing said. It's very daunting to look in on pvp with the toxic forum wars, the loss of drake, the loss of items, deeds being raided but behind all that it's a rather slow paced movement, drake goes round in circles 80% of us start in plate and end up getting drake through pvp...you'll also lose it in pvp. Plate is the entry requirement, how you play from there depends on your success of drake.
I'd be happy to lose my deed to an enemy who fights me for it, because this wouldn't be a 1 day event, you're looking at a 1-4 week event of constant defence and raids. The deed is only lost when you lost hope.

back on Elevation, my deed Failujah kept getting hit...This video sums it up.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

Lol @ Video. Thats how I see the raid we did on LoA last time. Man what a fun raid. They defended with everything they had. How many of our catapults they stole @Mclovin? We had to sit with out thumbs up our ***** while someone brought ropes.

@Reylaarki would have to bisagree with your overall outlook as to why Pve doesn't want to PvP... Most people I've talked to are typically under the wrong assumption about even the littlest things like your comment about a solo raider while the defender is offline... Chaos deeds are not built like freedom deeds and 9 times out of 10 that solo raider won't make it anywhere raiding a deed with no defenders. Normally they tend to get lucky on sometimes what we place as temp holder deeds where no real effort is put into the token safety, or they raid an already abandoned deed. 

I also feel like you are the one considering yourself or anyone not a front like fighter to be end class citizens when the reality is we are primary fighters love to have players who might like a bit more stable pace of Pve while having thrill of danger as mclovin puts it.  And when I say simple breeder I dont mean it in a condescending way, its just a pretty simple basic comment, some people only want to do things like farm or breed or plant an herb garden, I referr to not the action or work that goes into it as simple but more so the simplicity of nature of stress. 

Lastly its important to continue encourage people to try something they never have before because they might just learn something about it they never knew and enjoy it... Its also important to encourage others who have tried it to perhaps give another look because in life you can do something and not like it with one geoup of friends because of stupid shenanigans but you might actually enjoy that same thing while hanging out with another group of friends. At the end of the day though no one is forcing you to play anywhere you don't want to.  

• Like 2

Well, Ill just add a new thing as to why I dont like pvp. Your out doing what ever and some enemy pops up in local. Your on the hunt, chase them, After 5 minutes they log off. To me this is combat logging. This has never been touched on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gorgian said:

Well, Ill just add a new thing as to why I dont like pvp. Your out doing what ever and some enemy pops up in local. Your on the hunt, chase them, After 5 minutes they log off. To me this is combat logging. This has never been touched on.

Very hard to log off if an enemy is in your local, you can cover a local range within 2 minute and a lurker in the dark will narrow him down very quickly, also anything in local can be visualized. They might be able to make it to a cover AND THEN log off, but the mine door remains open so you'd have to get lucky to not be spotted then log, especially with locate soul. 

But yes it can be a problem from time to time. The bigger problem is leaving local then hitting Karma. 

But the things you find annoying you may find yourself doing and I guess on 1 side it's thrilling. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

Very hard to log off if an enemy is in your local, you can cover a local range within 2 minute and a lurker in the dark will narrow him down very quickly, also anything in local can be visualized. They might be able to make it to a cover AND THEN log off, but the mine door remains open so you'd have to get lucky to not be spotted then log, especially with locate soul. 

But yes it can be a problem from time to time. The bigger problem is leaving local then hitting Karma. 

But the things you find annoying you may find yourself doing and I guess on 1 side it's thrilling. 

Yep, it's just one of things on my list. but i thought i'd add this one. Just to have a change in the post thread. You know something different ;)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

I just simply dont understand whats the hate against, for example, me meeting someone on Celebration, becoming friends, and me inviting him to my pmk. There are a few people here speaking in absolutes "PvE players DO NOT want to play PVP". Really? How do you know? Did you ask every single player on freedom what their opinion is? If they really want to? Or did you suddenly declared yourself the official representative of the people of Freedom Isles?

Well in the beginning of the game there is a portal... It asks if you would like to join the PvE or PvP islands. People are aware that it exist and they don't go there. I thought that it would be obvious, but apparently I'm now a representative??? Somebody would need selective sight in order to teleport to and island without the knowledge that pvp exists. Then after jumping on PvE most of them stay there, enjoying themselves. I'm starting to question who is bathing in more salt now, people tend to have less rational thinking when they are salty.

Not only that, but these are the same people who go to.the extremes to bash pvpers as if we were a cancer that must be removed from Wurm. I started playing on Freedom, and my friends invited me to Chaos. I tried it, liked it, and stayed. I am a Freedomer first and Chaos player second. You can say I was converted. What is so wrong with that?

It's not you Pvpers, its the result of there being pvp. I am still annoyed because my tamed creatures can't do crap with their CR buff. I will never forget the champion croc i charmed :( in excitement hoping to breed a lot of them so they can serve as tanky pets. The champion died to a stupid younger normal croc. It is possible I could have been lied to, but I was told that tamed/dominated animals had to be nerfed because they were really good in pvp. Plenty of interesting suggestions have also been turned down because of the changes it would make to pvp, even though they would be interesting in PvE OR because it would make PvP less unique and attractive. You know how many PvE players want to have their own custom tents, wagons, banners, etc to be flashy. But nooope, It would make PvP less unique, so its a no no. Instead we have to go to PvP and spend 100 euros to make a kingdom (correct) and gather a whole bunch of people and other stuff, then we can make cool stuff. Its annoying when you are missing out on a cool sandbox feature because of stuff like that. Pvp shows that its possible, but its pvp exclusive.

I could go at lenght saying all the dumb things that happen on Freedom: Players fleecing other players for money, Charging 8 silver for a non rare long sword. People refusing to help a new player move from one island to another and telling them instead to build a boat. Yet you dont see me telling Freedomers how cancerous Freedom people can be. This is the type of thinking that throw off so many people, the reason why many live alone in a corner of Xanadu with little interaction with the rest of the game.

Dumb things or simply things that happen by chance? Jerks are everywhere but they have more potential to do harm in PvP (not considered harm really if you enjoy it). if you are paying 8 silver on a non-rare sword then you are overpaying... I played this game just fine with a blank 70ql steel spear, 50ql+ studded leather (now 80-90ql studded leather), and that would be WAYYYY under 8 silver. If you choose to purchase more than you need just to avoid using cotton and running away from fights you can't handle, thats just your fault :). You also don't even need to go up to 70ql. 50ql would do just fine as a starter, and 50ql stuff is super cheap (even start with 50ql longswords now). Want to know another solution to that problem??? Play the game... Like no joke.. You are able to craft and survive. I dont see the enjoyment of logging into a game and immediately buying overpowered gear just to wreck everything around. People also have lives outside of wurm.. Its possible a person is busy or has a set goal they would like to achieve. You can't expect people to jump out of their chair to help boat you somewhere, but guess what.. Somebody has transported me around! I once told a friend the wrong island to start in. I then realized i had a character there too, but nothing to bring her to the island I lived on. We then sat around preparing to make a boat and eventually met a guy named toecutter. He gave us a sailboat! Free! and even transported us to the sailboat, didnt just say "Oh its over there." If your definition of a dumb thing on freedom is a person not having time to interact with you.. then thats weird. I have only met a few cancerous Freedom players, and most were actually associated with PvP players. I'm sorry you have been seeing the wrong people, But I have seen plenty of other people interact with others and had a great time. Finndar even made a post about one earlier :)

I also saw a post about a new person meeting a guy like Rolandt or something of the sort. Thought the story was heart touching... Then I saw the reactions of everybody else associated with him and it was massive salt XD. Not completely sure what it was about, but seemed less friendly than what i see in PvE. The only unfriendly actions I am observing on PvE is the act of private slaying uniques. But unique gear has no requirement in wurm, and is certainly uglier than cloth imo. It does not directly harm me.

@YiraiaThats a very nice graph. It is also a comparison of all the Freedom Servers including Xanadu (which is the largest and has more people than all freedom servers combined) vs. Chaos. Now compare it to any other server, except Xanadu, and you'll see a different story.

Maybe if your pvp islands were actually filled with players they would make more islands. 

Also, show me any similar game out there that has clearly divided pve vs pvp sides where pvp vastly outnumbers pve players. Then you can reliably talk numbers.

Too easy, Minecraft. Was that really not the first thing to come to your mind? Whenever you look at the server listings there the survival servers with PvE where small communities relax and play with one another. Then step into factions and prison!! Oh baby their population is far greater than the mainly PvE servers. But thats not it! Even more populated than factions is the minigames servers, FILLED with Pvp games and a few "not really pvp" games. The games that include fighting are often more occupied, and then the games like "Draw my thing" or "build competition" barely have people. So, can I reliably talk numbers :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Well in the beginning of the game there is a portal... It asks if you would like to join the PvE or PvP islands. People are aware that it exist and they don't go there. I thought that it would be obvious, but apparently I'm now a representative??? Somebody would need selective sight in order to teleport to and island without the knowledge that pvp exists. Then after jumping on PvE most of them stay there, enjoying themselves. I'm starting to question who is bathing in more salt now, people tend to have less rational thinking when they are salty.

It's not you Pvpers, its the result of there being pvp. I am still annoyed because my tamed creatures can't do crap with their CR buff. I will never forget the champion croc i charmed :( in excitement hoping to breed a lot of them so they can serve as tanky pets. The champion died to a stupid younger normal croc. It is possible I could have been lied to, but I was told that tamed/dominated animals had to be nerfed because they were really good in pvp. Plenty of interesting suggestions have also been turned down because of the changes it would make to pvp, even though they would be interesting in PvE OR because it would make PvP less unique and attractive. You know how many PvE players want to have their own custom tents, wagons, banners, etc to be flashy. But nooope, It would make PvP less unique, so its a no no. Instead we have to go to PvP and spend 100 euros to make a kingdom (correct) and gather a whole bunch of people and other stuff, then we can make cool stuff. Its annoying when you are missing out on a cool sandbox feature because of stuff like that. Pvp shows that its possible, but its pvp exclusive.

Dumb things or simply things that happen by chance? Jerks are everywhere but they have more potential to do harm in PvP (not considered harm really if you enjoy it). if you are paying 8 silver on a non-rare sword then you are overpaying... I played this game just fine with a blank 70ql steel spear, 50ql+ studded leather (now 80-90ql studded leather), and that would be WAYYYY under 8 silver. If you choose to purchase more than you need just to avoid using cotton and running away from fights you can't handle, thats just your fault :). You also don't even need to go up to 70ql. 50ql would do just fine as a starter, and 50ql stuff is super cheap (even start with 50ql longswords now). Want to know another solution to that problem??? Play the game... Like no joke.. You are able to craft and survive. I dont see the enjoyment of logging into a game and immediately buying overpowered gear just to wreck everything around. People also have lives outside of wurm.. Its possible a person is busy or has a set goal they would like to achieve. You can't expect people to jump out of their chair to help boat you somewhere, but guess what.. Somebody has transported me around! I once told a friend the wrong island to start in. I then realized i had a character there too, but nothing to bring her to the island I lived on. We then sat around preparing to make a boat and eventually met a guy named toecutter. He gave us a sailboat! Free! and even transported us to the sailboat, didnt just say "Oh its over there." If your definition of a dumb thing on freedom is a person not having time to interact with you.. then thats weird. I have only met a few cancerous Freedom players, and most were actually associated with PvP players. I'm sorry you have been seeing the wrong people, But I have seen plenty of other people interact with others and had a great time. Finndar even made a post about one earlier :)

I also saw a post about a new person meeting a guy like Rolandt or something of the sort. Thought the story was heart touching... Then I saw the reactions of everybody else associated with him and it was massive salt XD. Not completely sure what it was about, but seemed less friendly than what i see in PvE. The only unfriendly actions I am observing on PvE is the act of private slaying uniques. But unique gear has no requirement in wurm, and is certainly uglier than cloth imo. It does not directly harm me.

Maybe if your pvp islands were actually filled with players they would make more islands. 

Too easy, Minecraft. Was that really not the first thing to come to your mind? Whenever you look at the server listings there the survival servers with PvE where small communities relax and play with one another. Then step into factions and prison!! Oh baby their population is far greater than the mainly PvE servers. But thats not it! Even more populated than factions is the minigames servers, FILLED with Pvp games and a few "not really pvp" games. The games that include fighting are often more occupied, and then the games like "Draw my thing" or "build competition" barely have people. So, can I reliably talk numbers :D

Lol...

• Like 2

I just laugh @Yiraiaat this point... I respect opinion but some of these are just awful and a huge stretch on PvE and PvP.. which he/she knows very little about both.

• Like 3

PVE folks do not really realise that living on Epic home servers, they are almost safe as on PVE. Even living in big deed on Elevation is completely safe.

OK. In THEORY big raid could break into your deed, but now, with active defenders and quick wall repairs it's very hard to do.

Also, when on PVP server someone grief you or just being very annoying, you can take care of it by yourself. On PVE you can only complain on forums

• Like 3

In Rolandt's defense he was bound to find someone to tell all of his story's to eventually.

There is just 4 simple rules to follow on a home servers on epic to make life pretty much a totally safe experience,

1)Don't deed near the water or travel along coasts with no easy escape inland

2)Don't deed near the starter deed

3)Don't tell people nice things you own if you don't trust them

4)Don't goto affliction, pick serenity or desertion they have rules against harassing your own kingdom to much

Even back when serenity used to have a constant 100+ people on it and 250+ on epic the deed I lived at for a long time which followed these simple rules never got raided 1 time even after I moved out to a coastal serenity deed that got raided every 3 days(back when epic had hundreds) which def broke the #1 rule don't build near water on pvp server or you will have lots of visitors so easy to roll up on boats vs horse can't kill a boat. I've told people this and seen them quit when they laugh it off when starting on pvp servers its probably the 1 thing that should be stressed most water access to your deed will get you pvp if you want it or not. For us the coastal deed was big and had alot of people to help defend it but if you plan to live alone or with few people who have no pvp experience these rules will help you avoid most conflict.

Edited by Darklords

3 hours ago, Holar said:

I just laugh @Yiraiaat this point... I respect opinion but some of these are just awful and a huge stretch on PvE and PvP.. which he/she knows very little about both.

I'm happy I am very amusing :D tell me where I'm wrong, I can use a good read.

2 hours ago, Wilczan said:

1.)PVE folks do not really realise that living on Epic home servers, they are almost safe as on PVE. Even living in big deed on Elevation is completely safe.

2.)OK. In THEORY big raid could break into your deed, but now, with active defenders and quick wall repairs it's very hard to do.

3.)Also, when on PVP server someone grief you or just being very annoying, you can take care of it by yourself. On PVE you can only complain on forums

1.) Ummm, what?

2.) Yeah, I know a guy that brought a population from 3 to 30 to do a raid. Stuff happens when you have a group to make an incentive. I can somewhat read. I would imagine it would occur more often with more players.

3.) LOL LOL LOL NOW IM LAUGHING. So about those affinity farming players XD, those guys that kept annoying other people. What did all pvpers resort to? complaining on the forums. What happens when somebody joins your kingdom just to steal your items and leave with them? In epic you can hunt out for them, but in chaos that person can head to a safe place where nobody can harm him. Thats something Pvpers complained in the forums about. Both are currently against the rules now correct? If so you would probably get a support ticket for the issue just like we would for a person griefing or being very annoying. (If you are talking about off property, its easy to annoy a person back or simply claim what you need)

3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Lol...

Haha, speechless

2 hours ago, Darklords said:

There is just 4 simple rules to follow on a home servers on epic to make life pretty much a totally safe experience,

1)Don't deed near the water or travel along coasts with no easy escape inland

2)Don't deed near the starter deed

3)Don't tell people nice things you own if you don't trust them

4)Don't goto affliction, pick serenity or desertion they have rules against harassing your own kingdom to much

Even back when serenity used to have a constant 100+ people on it and 250+ on epic the deed I lived at for a long time which followed these simple rules never got raided 1 time even after I moved out to a coastal serenity deed that got raided every 3 days(back when epic had hundreds) which def broke the #1 rule don't build near water on pvp server or you will have lots of visitors so easy to roll up on boats vs horse can't kill a boat. I've told people this and seen them quit when they laugh it off when starting on pvp servers its probably the 1 thing that should be stressed most water access to your deed will get you pvp if you want it or not. For us the coastal deed was big and had alot of people to help defend it but if you plan to live alone or with few people who have no pvp experience these rules will help you avoid most conflict.

Things on Epic seem were much more interesting back then. But even on Chaos, is not like your deed gets raided every day. I been thinking of trying a home server on my own. Epic is an experience on its own, and given the lack of Valrei mobs on Chaos lately I kinda want to give it a try.

5 hours ago, Yiraia said:

I'm happy I am very amusing :D tell me where I'm wrong, I can use a good read.

1.) Ummm, what?

2.) Yeah, I know a guy that brought a population from 3 to 30 to do a raid. Stuff happens when you have a group to make an incentive. I can somewhat read. I would imagine it would occur more often with more players.

3.) LOL LOL LOL NOW IM LAUGHING. So about those affinity farming players XD, those guys that kept annoying other people. What did all pvpers resort to? complaining on the forums. What happens when somebody joins your kingdom just to steal your items and leave with them? In epic you can hunt out for them, but in chaos that person can head to a safe place where nobody can harm him. Thats something Pvpers complained in the forums about. Both are currently against the rules now correct? If so you would probably get a support ticket for the issue just like we would for a person griefing or being very annoying. (If you are talking about off property, its easy to annoy a person back or simply claim what you need)

Haha, speechless

1) There is a common false knowledge among the pve players that living on Epic is just very dangerous. That's what.

2) You can always gather people, I'am saying that even then it is hard to raid. Example: MR tried to raid Rome keep. It was so well designed and catapulting vs repairing was so inefficient, that it took only few Romes to defend it actively.

3) LOL what? I was refering to Epic. If You refering to Chaos players then maybe. Those are also partially PVE players, so for me that's also a bad seed of this game : ).

On Epic reputation is important. When someone goes wild, people can, as a form of punishment, kill him constantly, destroy his deed etc. On PVE you can only avoid him and point the finger at this person, warning other players. He can still live next to you and play without any problems.

• Like 1

PvE standpoint, mix of my own and others' in no particular order.

Why people don't PvP more:

-  RL responsibilities.  Not everyone can jump into the game the second a twitter alarm goes off, which leads to....

-  The part about offline raids that hit a deed with scorched earth policy.

-  ... and the risk of people joining your kingdom to steal everything.... which leads to.. 

-  The mistrust against new players due to the assumption that we have yet another spy alt.

-  The forums' drama against each other makes the standard PvP toxicity way WAY more visible (maybe it's not half as dominant as one would think, but one would have to join PvP to find out in the first place, but the chances of appealing to the toxic types in the first place are rather large and visible.)

-  The constant dumping on suggestions that would make PvP "less unique" mixed with "we don't care about shinies but only we should have them to keep some incentive in PvP" paints the whole thing as lackluster unless you're gaming for a $0.10/hr profit.

-  The constant dumping on suggestions that would make PvP "less unique" mixed with "we don't care about shinies but only we should have them to keep some incentive in PvP" paints the whole PvP community as rather bratty and entitled.

-  Knowing that figuring out a non-bug advantage over others will just get the feature whined into nerfdom adds to the sense that PvP doesn't have much going for itself and never will due to the constant resistance against innovation.  Someone tamed a champ croc, PvP got taming nerfed instead of seeing it evolved into "3 champ crocs or 2 champ crocs and 2 hell hounds?".  Lends itself to cookie cutter playstyle.  Heck, PvP had people claiming that multi-story buildings would "ruin the game" at one point.

-  Wurm's PvE selling points VASTLY outnumber the PvP selling points.  WoW-clones and first person shooters are generally WAY more attractive to PvP types than games ppl join because they can permanently modify the map and custom build on it.  Those games are waaaaay more combat-oriented than Wurm... WAY more.

-  Sometimes people just wanna chill, hermit or not.

-  Seems like most of us prefer functional/pretty/open deeds to living in a fortified position.

-  Using "carebear" as a slur won't make you any friends by and by.

-  Did I mention that constantly and publicly asking for things that'll "make PvP more unique to provide incentive" is openly telling the world that there's no real reason to PvP?

-  People who progressed in a legit way suffering the collective punishment resulting from a few abusers.

-  "A PvE'er wouldn't last 3 seconds in PvP, they don't even know how to fight properly!".  Ok then.

-  "Git gud!!!!" as a reply to requests for QoL improvements on the PvE side.  Won't make you any friends either.

-  I ain't been keeping track... are kingdoms more balanced now?  Because one kingdom having a permanent upper hand like it was (is?) at some point doesn't leave much PvP to join in the first place.

........ and last but not least:

-  The mockery and backlash that PvE players get when explaining why we ain't biting the WOPvP hook.  You guys are shoddy telepaths and psychoanalists to say the least =P

Go on then, pour some salt on me.... in the name of love! 

• Like 9

@Mordraug

Clearly Wurm PVP should be separated from PVE. All pvp servers merged under one server. Then separated updates for each one or just pvp and pve version on each update.

Then the same avatar can jump between clusters but with SEPARATE skill sets, not like now, when you can grind on PVE to get better on PVP.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

@Mordraug

Clearly Wurm PVP should be separated from PVE. All pvp servers merged under one server. Then separated updates for each one or just pvp and pve version on each update.

Then the same avatar can jump between clusters but with SEPARATE skill sets, not like now, when you can grind on PVE to get better on PVP.

Code split:  YES.  That's needed bigly........ STARTING WITH TAMING heh heh heh

Skillset split... hmmmm.... not sure about that one in terms of getting more people in PvP.  The potential new recruits may stick around even less if they can't sail off someplace safe to level before trying the gank gauntlet a second time.  Just my theory at least.

@Yiraiayou aren't wrong because it's your opinion and as far stretched as most of it is to the reality of what pvp is, but your opinion or i at least hope real game experience you've had.

No point trying to bang nails into a board to tell you why you're wrong if you're never going to pvp in wurm you don't need to be convinced how great it is. 
I personally see zero points in freedom, can't even put the items on tables, the 1 thing freedom is good for you can't even do properly, decorate a house.
But I don't need to be told how great it is or w/e, we just play different sides and much prefer the side we've chosen.

But the choice is important.

PVP ideas have been blocked for yoinks because of freedom and freedom blocked by Chaos, that's why i think they need 1 pvp map that's separated from Freedom so pvp can update as much as it wants (Epic armor changes for a small example) and Freedom can be updated (restore the tamed mob CR) and they won't affect each other. That's basically the moral of the story here. Devs tried this with the new epic launches and whilst atm it's dead when the new map comes and the continued updates to priests etc, i think more will be over there enjoying specific pvp updates and Chaos may slowly get closed down. 

Edited by Mclavin

16 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Also, when on PVP server someone grief you or just being very annoying, you can take care of it by yourself. On PVE you can only complain on forums

Yes and no. points to pvp wheres the peradeath? tired of all these high level players :) I want to fix it once and for all <wink> oh wait, i cant i'm stuck complaining about it on forums.

Crude example but valid.

2 hours ago, Mclavin said:

I personally see zero points in freedom, can't even put the items on tables, the 1 thing freedom is good for you can't even do properly, decorate a house.
But I don't need to be told how great it is or w/e, we just play different sides and much prefer the side we've chosen.

In the end with this kind of game, I see no point in pvp if you cant kill someone(permadeath).

But that's just me.

6 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

i'd support perma death, haha

Not many do these day. good to see at least one out there does :)

40 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

i'd support perma death, haha

I'd rather just see yearly server wipes to solve the problem of OP accounts. That would also allow the devs to make changes that would otherwise devalue the old accounts, as well as fix maps and introduce new stuff, and new players could get the fun of starting fresh in a virgin world.

It would, of course, need to be on a server where a yearly wipe was expected; no surprises.