Sign in to follow this  
Golddrakken

Ship decay question

Is there a significant difference in the amount of decay my ship will experience over time when Moored off-deed versus on-deed?  Trying to decide if it's worth it to include shoreline in Deed for one or two ships, or just repair and improve from time to time?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Me personally, i  would use the tiles for more constructive use. It takes so long for a ship to decay and poof as it stands. I wouldn't worry about it. Just repair and imp. Besides you get to level you skill in shipbuilding a little each time.

Edited by gorgian

To answer the question, yes a ship or any other object will decay faster off-deed than on a deed that has at least 30 days upkeep remaining.

But yeah, it's a judgement call as to whether that slower decay is worth extending a deed to be near water.   For me personally it wouldn't be,.  You can slow decay some simply by upgrading the ship's quality.

Mmmm, if your ship is on a deed tile (even in the water) it will not receive any decay at all. I noticed this maybe over a year ago. Don't know how you all missed it.

=Ayes=

Not to split hairs or anything i believe i did answer his question. "if it's worth it." :) 

I've only returned in the past few months, This is either a new thing or a bug. last i recalled a few years ago this was not the case, and your ship did take damage on deed, land or on water..

That was my thought also...I've been gone for awhile and have not built a ship as yet to test, but as others have said it's not a huge amount of decay off-deed; and the repair and improvement process will garner one a bit of skill gain over time. 

Thank you for the replies and information and opinions. :)

Indeed, I wouldn't worry about ship's decay. I see almost no decay in months, and mine are usually offdeed most of the time.

imo ships should even have more decay, the coastlines are littered with abanodened ships from old deeds from people that stopped playing the game. Its sometimes verry frustrating to write a ticket to remove a ton of ships when you deed a place.

I have a few abandoned rowboats in the pond behind my deed (off deed) that players can row around it in. Yep, they get decay so that every few weeks I repair some damage on them.

Also, if you want to eliminate any decay on your ships you can as well load them onto a ship transporter and put it on deed. No decay on them then either. Pretty easy way to eliminate any decay, which you would then need to repair and reduce the quality of your ship in the process.

=Ayes=

It's probably worth noting though that the cargo of any ship is still subject to off-deed decay, which can be significant.

Depending on what you do with your ships.