Sign in to follow this  
Sunnyside

SnowBalls taken dmg.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:38 AM, Retrograde said:

Nothing has been changed with decay, we're looking into these reports as an anomaly, it seems to be happening on all servers so I've set up a small test on Golden Valley and will check on it myself. 

As Alectrys stated, the devs have been notified of the issues raised, and they will look into it on their end for any abnormalities.

I know decay is a pain in all scenarios, so we're eager to find out what is happening here and why.

As far as I'm aware, snowballs do not decay any different to any other item (its not global warming), but we've setup some testing scenarios on golden valley to see if it happens to us too

All this makes for a poor QoL in wurm for those who go to the effort of gathering silly snowballs to keep the fridge running.

You know traditionally no one used snow for larders, they used blocks of ice and a block of ice inside a store house insulated with sawdust would last right through a hot summer.

Maybe adjust the decay on snowballs so there is zero decay during the 'winter' period and the faster decay starts once the season ends. This would let people gather there snowballs at a more enjoyable pace.

I know this should be in the suggestion forums, but this crazy fast decay rate needs to be fixed.

Issue is back during the current winter season. I had no issues with the snowballs decaying fast in iceboxes now happens on multiple servers. Cannot keep larders cold this way :S

I was not aware this issue is still open, sorry for the duplicate report: 

Any news on this bug?

Noticed MORE damage on snowballs last night... no stressing.. just the time involved in cooking some affinity meals is actually [caps]significant[/caps] and only the snowballs are keeping larderpocalypse from happening.

meanwhile in my larder... with bunch of affinity cooked food that have taken a lot of time and hours to prepare..........

Od8K14ZwRQCuNSpSDMrLiA.png

All the snowballs that I put into larder yesterday fresh from snowmen are now went poof. It gets worse it seems :(

Also noticed that now the larders have an "empty snowball slot" which is a new thing.

tkNMWKx.png

58 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

"403 Forbidden"

Can't see the image

57f339739bd1d279c983d38de9686e17.png
https://gyazo.com/57f339739bd1d279c983d38de9686e17

If it helps.. seems like the DEFAULT ICEBOX in the larder works?~,

but any other shelf ruins snow like it's in players's inventory ~3-5-10x slower.. but still quite faster than sitting on the ground(maybe?).

77a86c6259d6c34284a8e7741e947ab4.png

Selected two shelves aren't runed(cuz I'm lazy..), all other are runed saying so or not..(default icebox - can't be renamed but it's runed also.. for -10% decay on contents)

All expanded shelves were with 100x ql99 snowballs(the lower ql there in 1 stack comes from random ql89 x1 from snowman)

Edited by Finnn

Snowballs on the non-icebox shelves were taking much damage for like always to my experience. But ones in the icebox are at least that fast now - I'll test if there is any difference if the larder is planted or not.

No idea if any possible connection but all the larders affected were transferred from their original server to another.

Odd enough, my snowballs I collected last winter, kept in the icebox in a larder which isn't runed in any way, nor even cedarwood, have normal damage, below 10%.

The damage they took lately seems nothing like the bug some time ago, which made then decay with the speed of a snowstorm. Supposedly the icebox in a larder has better preserving properties towards snowballs, while regular shelves work better for food, which would make sense decay wise for a type of items or another, if the code specifically makes a difference between them (someone who reads the code might know better, I just speak from observation)

More than that, I have food cooked back in october 2017, wrapped, food that was taken to Independence, carried in a backpack in a boat, stood on Independence in a larder for over a year and eventually was brought back to Pristine, also in a backpack in a boat (went through my inventory as little as pobbile to at all), ql varying from 80 to 99 (cooked by different avatars), and the damage it has after all these years and adventures is between 0 and 6.06%.

All older snowballs decayed away, top two on the picture is 2 days old, next two is from yesterday and the rest i fresh from this minute.

Tx2xu6N.png

Now I have picked up larder and then planted, let's see if any difference it makes.