Sign in to follow this  
Sunnyside

SnowBalls taken dmg.

99ql snowballs inside deed , building and larder taken 2-10 dmg in one day. Low ql snowballs on ground , off deed  taking   0 damage.  

Please for the love of all that is Snowball look at this :)  

• Like 4

Similar issue.

Filled 50 Ql larder with 100 fresh x 99 ql snowballs. One day later - 10 has 18 damage and another 15 has between 1 and 3 damage.

Larder is inside house and ondeed.

Some piles of snowballs left on and offdeed below 88 ql still has no or less than 5 damage.

Not expected this as snowballs 2 years old had between 40 and 59 damage.

Update : 2 hrs later - More decay ticks taken + new damage as well.

Edited by Bossie
update
  • Like 1

mhh... same picture here.

Gathered a new heap yesterday for the coming year, 4 have 18,18dmg, 3 have 2,03dmg and 18 have 1,01dmg.

Thats kinda quick for less than 24h passed since I gathered them. ._.

I don't recall if it was the same the previous Wurm year though... but probably not, as I removed a full 99 stack of damaged ones to make room for new ones and with 18dmg ticks over night some should have been missing for long by now I guess. :/

• Like 1

Worst thing is that rarity and runes on the larder dont help.

Edit: I have 10% less decay runes on each shelf and the larder itself.

Edited by Nordlys

Same issue here, freshly gathered snowballs already have damage (should not matter, but 81 ql larder, in a building, on deed with many moons of upkeep in the coffers).

• Like 1

Same. One fifth of my freshly collected 99quality snowballs now have 18-21damage.

26ql larder on deed but not in building

ditto surprised me to see new snowballs in new larder took damage in one day like that, assumed it was update blues :)

Edit , New Tick now a 99 ql snowball is at 20 dmg.    Had some 99ql snowballs in the top shelf of larder with 0 dmg , I used to replace the 20+ dmg snowballs in icebox

Edited by Sunnyside
  • Like 1

Similar issue. Out of the 100 snowballs I collected yesterday afternoon (CET), only 5 are without damage. Everthing else got damage ranging from 1.01 to 31.61 dmg.

o6SY0bf.png

Thorin :)

• Like 1

Lol. 53 of 99 snowballs got damage. 1 is already 23.24 damage.

Much the same here, with 74ql larder with runes...

oUurtoc.png

A second larder, without runes, and only 67ql - with 100 lower ql snowballs (average 87ql) is only showing an average of 2.02 dmg

9 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I've brought this to the attention of the devs.

Thank you very much :)

• Like 1

It's not only snowballs, some constructions, items etc took damage as well, i made 80ql chain stone fences, 9 got average 0.12dmg, 3 got 0dmg, and 1 got 0.13dmg, it happened after client update during overnight, as well brazier on a deed took 0.22dmg, i understand that fences are offdeed/some in perimeter tho 80ql fences taking damage in few hrs is kinda weird, marble brazier repaired in past to 0dmg now had 0.22dmg even its on a deed

• Like 1

Yep, something has happened to decay, thats for sure.

Ive only checked my Xan deed, but in most chests, racks and containers in general (not fsb and bsb) something has taken damage. I know things take damage over time in these containers, but ive never seen so much take damage over the same short amount of time (only beginning to notice it after the snowballs got to Xan and the winter isnt over yet).

Everything in containers, in houses, on deed with more than one moon upkeep.

Coincidence@Retrograde ? Is this a new winter feature, to make it more harsh? :D

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 2

Nothing has been changed with decay, we're looking into these reports as an anomaly, it seems to be happening on all servers so I've set up a small test on Golden Valley and will check on it myself. 

As Alectrys stated, the devs have been notified of the issues raised, and they will look into it on their end for any abnormalities.

I know decay is a pain in all scenarios, so we're eager to find out what is happening here and why.

As far as I'm aware, snowballs do not decay any different to any other item (its not global warming), but we've setup some testing scenarios on golden valley to see if it happens to us too

• Like 4

I think a big part of the issue is snowballs decaying while inside the icebox of a pantry.   In the past that slowed decay for snowballs more than just the simple reduced decay for any object being inside a container.

As it is now, not a single snowball will remain in any pantry on the live servers by the time the next winter arrives because of how much decay damage those snowballs are taking now.

My specific observation had 99 QL snowballs up to 16 damage in an icebox just 4 days after they'd been placed inside.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, Retrograde said:

I know decay is a pain in all scenarios, so we're eager to find out what is happening here and why.

Thanks!

Just checked my larder, I've got heavily damaged (over 20 damage) 99 QL snowballs in my larder on Independence. (they had been all damage free when I just put them in there a few days ago). My larder is in a building on a deed w/ over 2 months upkeep.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, Retrograde said:

(its not global warming),

Must be a republican! :P Global warming denier.

Peace, hope u get it fixed b4 all my yummiest foods decay in a broke larder.

TeeeBOMB

PS: oh ya, also, my 99 QL xmas gift saddle sacks took a bit of damage a day or 2 in too. This damage may be part of this problem too, I guess.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

Replaced all snowballs a few days ago, some are as high as 40 dmg already. Someone's been leaving glowing hot food in there.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

Brand new stack of 99q snowballs collected like two days ago. One already had 19.42 damage o.o

• Like 1

i wont bother with screenie as its same here as all previous  lots of damage in so little time  i dont think they will last a full wurm year at this rate

New update for this season (19 Sep 2018). I do have screenies. The way I collected all these new snowballs was w/ horse on lead. I collected a single line (20~30 tiles) of 3 across tiles. Quickly renamed that pile of snowballs w/ date time. Then jumped on horse and ran to larder (very short trip, either on deed or near deed). I dropped in the 99 QL snow balls into larders that had 100 snowballs in their iceboxes.

The larders are in a building (Teeebomb's Tall House), on a deed (Cornersville on independenc), w/ over 2 months upkeep in coffers. These are both older larders, been around a while.

HWkxbyj.jpg

Above: Two 99 QL snow balls, just over 2 days old, got 18 damage already, on 4th shelf of larder TB01.

S9tVjP9.jpg

Above: Two 99QL snowballs, just over 2 days old on lower shelf in larder TB01, have 19 damage.

niitL3n.jpg

Above: Three 99 QL snowballs with over 20 damage, on middle shelf of larder TB02.

Qzp1461.jpg

Above: Six 99 QL snowballs with 18 damage, these are 3 days old in the ice box of larder TB02.

All of the above examples are AFTER frick'n snowball season (lol). So I can not fix these. But RL yesterday, I checked my larders were all acceptable damage, except for some newly-ish collected 99 QL snowballs in the ice box of larder TB01. So. When I noticed this, it was during the last part of snowball season, so I was able to replace those lame snowballs. These are the ones I replaced:

jczXwUT.jpg

Above: All these ones are just over 3 days old, 99 QL snowballs, two have 19 damage, 7 others have 18 damage. Inside a larder, in a building, on a deed w/ over 2 months upkeep.

Meanwhile, on the pavement in the afternoon heat...

FT0nPBu.jpg

Above: Lower QL snowballs, 1 day old, no damage at all. Laying on cobblestone pavement Not one bit of damage to these 'never been in a larder' snowballs.

rjrW8Bz.jpg

Above: One day old lower QL snowballs laying on pavement with just minimal damage.

Just to be clear here. I am not posting this to complain my pavement piled snowballs are not taking huge amounts of damage (lol). I don't care about those ones. I am posting this to document the (what I consider to be) very large amount of damage taken by 99 QL snowballs inside good larders who's iceboxes have 100 snowballs in them (on deed w/ over 2 months upkeep).

So.. I can not be certain if this is normal, but .. well.. it seems normal now a days, lol. Just posting here to document facts as I see them.

Thanks your time ?

TeeeBOMB

Roughly how long were the snowballs in your inventory prior to placing them in the ice box?

In my (admittedly limited) experience, this can make a huge difference, and even being in your inventory for 5 minutes or so can result in them taking damage inside the ice box relatively quickly.

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Roughly how long were the snowballs in your inventory

Well, for mine, I knew to try to limit time in inventory. My method was gather fast, w/ horse on lead, 3 rows at a time, get around 15~20 tiles, then jump on horse ride fast to larder, to drop off 99 QL snowballs. Only paused long enough to batch rename all the snowballs with date/time.  I limited time in inventory by gathering fast, and riding horse to larder. Also, gathered very close to larder, no far away snowball gathering.

Either way, the 99 QL snow balls in my larder (full ice box larder) inside a building on a deed has upkeep paid forward of 2 months.. got some damage... some few had significant damage. While the snowballs I did not want, lower QL, I dropped in a pile outside on the pavement, still have no damage at all. Something seems odd there.