Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Client Update 9/JAN/18

We're investigating the issue, I can confirm that the newest Nvidia Geforce drivers don't work with Wurm, please hold off on updating these.

• Like 1

Logged in , No trees showing up. On deed . Could see trees off deed,  Was fine 8 hours ago.

I did not change any settings

Relog did not fix the issue.

One setting in graphics did fix the issue.                         Click Pretty Trees under Adv. Graphics   Solved the issue . Now have Trees 

Running two clients and same issue for both. Same fix for both

Edited by Sunnyside

5 hours ago, Maiya said:

Got no clue what this update did to my wurm

but I log in, then freeze

cant do my first step 

cant click on screen with mouse

screen comes white some sec later

all I can do is log out 

tried log in an alt with all low settings, same happend 

What do I need to do too be able log in again ????

4 hours ago, Tilda said:

Also had same issue as Maiya. Had the update, and was fine, but then logged out for awhile and got an updated driver for graphics card (NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti) and then could not play afterwards (white screen and totally frozen). I ended up having to roll back my graphics driver, and now I can play again. For what it's worth.

TY Tilda :)

I also have had the nivida update before I logged into game 

after reading your answer I went back to old again 

Game work :)

• Like 3

After reading what Tilda did, I did some research on Nvidia drivers and found some discussions recommending reverting back to 387.92 version.  I did it 2 hours ago, then loaded up 5 clients and not one glitch yet.  Will do some longer testing tomorrow with 10 or more clients to really push it.

Apparently Nvidia drivers newer than 387.92 tend to do all kinds of odd things with games.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

After reading what Tilda did, I did some research on Nvidia drivers and found some discussions recommending reverting back to 387.92 version.  I did it 2 hours ago, then loaded up 5 clients and not one glitch yet.  Will do some longer testing tomorrow with 10 or more clients to really push it.

Apparently Nvidia drivers newer than 387.92 tend to do all kinds of odd things with games.

Fingers crossed!

I went back to last one V 388,71 (International) no problem so far for me after that 

Loaded up 15 clients at ultra low settings.  Crashed the laptop.  It was maxing out the RAM, so not a complaint, more of an expected outcome, although Windows is supposed to auto reduce RAM useage, which is how I was getting 35 clients in the past.  Rebooted and just loaded up 10 clients.  2 locked up within the first hour then a 3rd not long after.  Nvidia rollback helps. but not enough.

39 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Loaded up 15 clients at ultra low settings.  Crashed the laptop.  It was maxing out the RAM, so not a complaint, more of an expected outcome, although Windows is supposed to auto reduce RAM useage, which is how I was getting 35 clients in the past.  Rebooted and just loaded up 10 clients.  2 locked up within the first hour then a 3rd not long after.  Nvidia rollback helps. but not enough.

Retro said himself, the client is more modern and resource demanding than it once was. You use to be able to run 35 clients once upon a time, but things have changed. To be honest I don't even see the point in that, there is no way you can efficiently manage that many clients at once unless you are multiboxing which is against the rules.

Edited by Budzilla

Oh, I had a very good reason for it, back when I was doing it.  I made my own sermon group and I needed to raise faith fast.  I had up to 35 on one laptop and another 10-12 on a second laptop.  I'm not expecting to be able to repeat something like that these days and am glad the new client is so much prettier.  I do expect to be able to run several at once, because this game is always been about running multiple clients.  But even being able to run a single client without fear of crashing regularly would be super sweet right now.  I'll probably do more testing at the 5 client count, as that is generally my sweet spot.  4 workers in a cart and one deed holder or priest that sits at home.  I do go to 8 for big mining projects, driving two cart loads into the mines, but not a big deal honestly.

Sign in to follow this