Sign in to follow this  
sleepys

Cheating or not?

Just now, Roninn said:

I you don’t get it you never will

Exactly what I was thinking about you, thanks for pointing that out

1 minute ago, Ruiner said:

Even if it wasn't for the affinities which you say that is what you were doing ,how much fightskill and battlerank did you gain? Btw keep polishing it is still a turd

much less FS gained then FS lost, and what is battlerank and what does it do.? 

4 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Exactly what I was thinking about you, thanks for pointing that out

Now you are making personal attacks. Suffice to say we disagree about the subject and I will put aside the personal attack.

Lol personal attack because you didn't say the same thing to me? Nice try

Edited by Ruiner

19 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

and whats worse is instead of a change being made and implemented, threats of bans is in play.  Not only though are threats of bans being said, no actions are being taken to simply do the right thing and post a PSA about it and a msg in game letting people know to stop it till changes are made since it is being looked into being changed.

I swear I wrote out a reply..

Okay, so this boils down to two scenarios

1) we announce a change is coming, and people rush to take advantage of this mechanic before it ends

2) we dont announce change is coming, the mechanic is abused, and people are frustrated because of no word from us. 

We've chosen to go with scenario 1. A change is coming, and a focus is on making affinities more engaging to get than just killing alts, and also reduce the ability to take this mechanic to extremes. 

with that said, to curb the inevitable rush to take advantage before this change comes in, we'll be coming down hard on anyone doing so, with the full understanding that they do it knowing the change is coming.

The WSA will be up shortly, don't worry about that. 

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, Roninn said:

It is not about the affinities. People need to stop being so short sighted. It’s about how the game keeps changing to make things more difficult on newer players to skill. I wonder how many people have done AFK shield training up into the 90s for instance. It was not considered a glitch until much more recently.  Good luck trying to do that now. This is about keeping a level playing field. The funny thing is I have not personally collected an affinity for quite some time it’s more the idea of the whole thing. How the strong players (cringe) like Bloodmaster have taken advantage of many skilling tricks possibly glitches which are no longer available to players. If you are going to change things like that you need to remove the skills that were gained by exploiting these tricks.

Sure, sounds fair to me. Let's start with removing the skill gained from people who killed alts for FS (and affinities?).

There's a lot of skill gain methods that were easier before, but harder now. There are also skill gain methods that are easier now than before. That's just how the game works. The game is not 200% polished. It couldn't have been 10 years ago, it can't be now, and it certainly won't ever be. That's not possible. You just need to adapt, and that's what players who have been playing for literally a decade have done.

And to be fair, accounts that were able to take advantage of a majority of the skilling "tricks" you are talking about are almost a decade old already, and it would take the same 10 years of time to catch up to them now, even if they were to stop playing, simply because of the sheer time difference. That's what happens when you get 10 year old characters playing alongside 10 day old characters. You can't fix that, especially not in Wurm, because it would be unfair to those who have spent a huge amount of time on their account.

With that said, there have been a motherload of changes, especially as of recently, that have made Wurm easier for newer players. The Tutorial, starter gear, huge villages on Freedom, Wiki, a massive amount of priests selling enchanted gear for next to nothing, sleep powder, toggle-able sleep bonus, 10 hours sleep bonuses, food affinities, skill grind charts, WU Datamining, Keybinds, dirt leveling, seryll, non-nerfed stat gain for priests, etc, etc.... I could go on.

I think you just need to stop worrying about trying to catch up to accounts that are much older/more skilled than yours if you do not have the dedication/desire to grind, because there's more to the game, especially in PvP, than out-skilling your opponent.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 3

Now can we really fix the issues of this game, like that fact that my personal goals are outrageous. Ascend to demigod, I don’t even play on epic!! lol

• Like 2

And can we please get some info on what Gary’s passives  are for higher than 70 faith.

2 minutes ago, Deadcrow said:

Now can we really fix the issues of this game, like that fact that my personal goals are outrageous. Ascend to demigod, I don’t even play on epic!! lol

giphy.gif

I agree. I would like to see 2018 fix all these annoying exploits and just plain broken unreasonable things such as that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I swear I wrote out a reply..

Okay, so this boils down to two scenarios

1) we announce a change is coming, and people rush to take advantage of this mechanic before it ends

2) we dont announce change is coming, the mechanic is abused, and people are frustrated because of no word from us. 

We've chosen to go with scenario 1. A change is coming, and a focus is on making affinities more engaging to get than just killing alts, and also reduce the ability to take this mechanic to extremes. 

with that said, to curb the inevitable rush to take advantage before this change comes in, we'll be coming down hard on anyone doing so, with the full understanding that they do it knowing the change is coming.

The WSA will be up shortly, don't worry about that. 

No one knew anything was even being looked into till yesterday around this time or whenever budda posted, but nothing at all was said about anything else till today when you posted about bans. 

Fact is, players were trading affinities and a plan had been put in place way before any of the cry babies even started any of this. So in hind sight there was no rush to take advantage since there was a select number of affinities which were already attempting to be transferred. If you are saying from your post forward there will be punishments that's fine and understandable because you made an announcement about it, but along with that the PSA is important and so is a in-game msg because there are plenty of players who have killed their alts for affinities for years.

From that post onwards bans can and will be placed to anyone abusing this mechanic. 

The WSA will be up shortly like I've said. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

How is any of that the same as abusing an unintended mechanic? 

I have to agree with Roninn here. Without clearly stating rules, competitive players (or players who just love progression) try to get the easiest way possible to proceed. Roninn's example is actually very legit, Shield training until 90 being easy and plenty of people "abusing it" becoming fixed. Those people stay at 90 and the newer players have to suffer from switching from monster to monster. It seems like its not completely abusive because you spend time actually using your shield. farming affinities from alts is very similar to that, no information about affinities is hidden, and having multiple accounts is naturally beneficial in wurm. Pretty sure more skills had undergo the same nerf. IIRC beverages used to be extremely easy to grind, but you just had to know how. making maple syrup or something of the sort by the gram because weight does not matter. Nothing here is a "bug," only methods to simplify the game. Those who found that out grinded their skill to 90 in bevs, and now the cooking system added more difficulty to making beverages. Same goes for everything with a cooking timer (more annoying for newer players). Even heard BC gains used to be easier, and then got nerfed.

Yeah sure, the affinities apply to multiple skills, but the purchases made to get those skills are not much different than purchases to get other gear neccessary to perform grinds or pvp. Wurm is usually easier the more money you throw at it.

Also, to all those that are saying remove the accounts that have been doing this, that is EXTREMELY immature. I expected more from a game that attracts a mature audience... Suddenly making up a rule for activity that has been going on continuously, and then stating that those who have done this before the rule was made should be punished severely? People paid for the benefits, and you had the option to pay for those benefits. Wiping their characters or simply banning them seems like the crappiest thing to do on players who are dedicated to the game. There should at least be a refund, these people have bills to pay :(. What if all the people who penned uniques and slayed them privately got their unique gear revoked from them after countless years and months of doing it, or even banned for ruining the experience for other players. Privately slaying penned uniques is not against the rules and neither is alt farming. But the majority can agree they are both ill-gaming methods.

Note: If alt farmers do get banned, ban the private unique slayers. If alt farmers lose their skill, revoke all the dragon/drake related gear they have. Not fair if one happens and not the other.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Deadcrow said:

And can we please get some info on what Gary’s passives  are

laughing at this thread and ebonaura as a whole

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

laughing at this thread and ebonaura as a whole

Why ?? I need to know does it have the Rez stone effect ?

15 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

I have to agree with Roninn here. Without clearly stating rules, competitive players (or players who just love progression) try to get the easiest way possible to proceed. Roninn's example is actually very legit, Shield training until 90 being easy and plenty of people "abusing it" becoming fixed. Those people stay at 90 and the newer players have to suffer from switching from monster to monster. It seems like its not completely abusive because you spend time actually using your shield. farming affinities from alts is very similar to that, no information about affinities is hidden, and having multiple accounts is naturally beneficial in wurm. Pretty sure more skills had undergo the same nerf. IIRC beverages used to be extremely easy to grind, but you just had to know how. making maple syrup or something of the sort by the gram because weight does not matter. Nothing here is a "bug," only methods to simplify the game. Those who found that out grinded their skill to 90 in bevs, and now the cooking system added more difficulty to making beverages. Same goes for everything with a cooking timer (more annoying for newer players). Even heard BC gains used to be easier, and then got nerfed.

Yeah sure, the affinities apply to multiple skills, but the purchases made to get those skills are not much different than purchases to get other gear neccessary to perform grinds or pvp. Wurm is usually easier the more money you throw at it.

Also, to all those that are saying remove the accounts that have been doing this, that is EXTREMELY immature. I expected more from a game that attracts a mature audience... Suddenly making up a rule for activity that has been going on continuously, and then stating that those who have done this before the rule was made should be punished severely? People paid for the benefits, and you had the option to pay for those benefits. Wiping their characters or simply banning them seems like the crappiest thing to do on players who are dedicated to the game. There should at least be a refund, these people have bills to pay :(. What if all the people who penned uniques and slayed them privately got their unique gear revoked from them after countless years and months of doing it, or even banned for ruining the experience for other players. Privately slaying penned uniques is not against the rules and neither is alt farming. But the majority can agree they are both ill-gaming methods.

Note: If alt farmers do get banned, ban the private unique slayers. If alt farmers lose their skill, revoke all the dragon/drake related gear they have. Not fair if one happens and not the other.

Bump?

Icbash.... wrong place wrong time.... wrong wrong and oh how you have it oh so wrong. 

There are two sides of the story and not a fantasy of one side..... infact, I have let it go.... so should you.

FYI that's not how is went down.... a twisted idealism of yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadcrow said:

But it is a problem since the one who are complaining are the ones who hold the artifacts. Maybe sharing accounts should be a bannable offense too then. What I’m getting at is, it’s all ridiculous, banning players for playing the game, come on. So sick of how most of these rule makers are playing on chaos too. That should be a bannable offense.

Where is my artifact? Hello? :^)

Just a reminder that TC are not the only kingdom that disagrees with the alt abuse going on in that cave lately. There is a large population of players that can clearly see the game is not being played fairly or the way it is intended and those players stem from all kingdoms (even the pve side). I've even heard complaints from players within your own kingdom. So lashing out at TC or a few individuals just because they are against what you are doing really is not all that fair. These people see a flaw in the game design and are trying to get it changed and fixed to make the server better. This is not some kind of personal attack. It's done now, there has been a ruling that it has to stop so let's just move on rather then trying to justify it by picking holes at unrelated aspects of Chaos (such as artifacts).

• Like 4

NHYEG67.jpg

What amuses me the most is that you Ebo guys don't see anything wrong with that picture. That putting a character on a different kingdom and killing it repeatedly to farm affinities in such a blatant and absurd manner is completely acceptable and an intended mechanic. You stick characters in a safe cave and repeatedly kill them to circumvent an establish mechanic so you can get rewards you did not earn.

Okay, yes. Some people do this as well. Freedomers sell affinities and come to chaos and kill each other for them, or their alts. One here and one there. Even some of the people here on this forum have done this in the past, myself included. And that has been pretty much the norm. For years.

At least it was until you guys decided to go full metal jacket on exploiting for your benefit what was a normal game mechanic. If you had killed an alt here and there, people would had complained, but it wouldn't had been a problem, and it would had been left alone. But you took it to the extreme. You had to fill pages upon pages of tabs in a single seating. 

And then you complain about why the affinity faucet got sealed on you. Typical.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Iberis said:

Just a reminder that TC are not the only kingdom that disagrees with the alt abuse going on in that cave lately.

That's what they forget. 

They think this because I made the thread to talk about it but most kingdoms agreed it sucked. 

If I farmed the affinities on Doctorchaos I’m pretty sure every person who has played on Chaos or any PvP server would have a seizure of the amount of tabs I would make. Believe me when I say I could have gotten 5 affinities in pretty much every skill when my account dechamped. The difference between the people doing this and me? I have a miniscule amount of pride in myself as a PvPer and rather roll the dice when we actually kill people.  The whole “its not an alt when it has premium” thing is garbage and needs to be rethought. 

• Like 1

I find it funny that Ebo brought this upon themselves with the mass-alt murdering. They're the only ones mad about it but if it wasn't for them this change would never have happened :P Karma there i guess

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I find it funny that Ebo brought this upon themselves with the mass-alt murdering. They're the only ones mad about it but if it wasn't for them this change would never have happened :P Karma there i guess

Karma can be a ######. 

Am happy alot of people have replied to the post. Never had and issue with alt killing before this and played several years.. I have 4 toons that have single affinitie and allways felt like it is cheating my self and when i ask people how they feel about it well almost everyone agrees with me or say its grey area eaven the ones i know doing it. And cant really say to new players its not cheating when they ask. And why should we let something been abused becouse it has been ingame long time? Isent the idea to make this game better? We allready got affinity food go and make those. And if people who wants to abuse games leave am fine with that. And lets face it Wurm isent going enywhere becouse there isent a game this good anywhere  :) And ty for the info Retro happy seen something finally happening.

• Like 1

i dont see a problem here... wurm is a game dedicated to rewarding the rich and screwing the poor... nobody wants to pvp because its all pay to win... not even slighly pay to win.... wurm is so far beyond pay to win its stupid... people can become instant pvp gods for 2500+ euros and never grind a single skill! just go to trades and buy a lambo pvp account.... the account selling is the underlying issue here... more affinitys and higher fs jacks up the price of an account considerably!  many of the accounts i see in that list i have also seen in the past in the for sale section of the forums...

there is no pride in wurm... you cant have pride in a toon you didnt grind

lots of these people complaining about alt farming are 100% guilty of cheating and pvp'ing on toons they didnt grind... wurm is pay to win, sorry if that hurts your feels but even pve is broken due to the pay-to-winism that we call wurm

• Like 5