Sign in to follow this  
sleepys

Cheating or not?

19 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

You wanna talk about whats more cringe vs anything else? The fact that today no one can play an MMORPG how they like to play with the mechanics allowed to them because everyone has something to say about it, and there is supposed to be a one sided way of playing. But the funniest part of it is, while one person might be taking some affinities from another account they own that is so looked down upon vs someone that would rip off players there is nothing at all wrong with that.

Like that time you stole one of your kingdom mates account from her? I'm a ripoff? I'm a merchant, and lately I've really been fair and lax about my prices. Are you sure you want to toss mud at me? It's not 2013 anymore, however I do miss that Wurm economy. Here is how I can describe it below.

707151de1f772364ed7c799a371774d2.png

Edited by Niki
  • Like 3

+1 Thanks for the change Thanks Retro!

Edited by Tpikoll

10 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

How does converts help you justify its not? But between other owners and chaos history of dissolved kingdoms and change of groups, my toons have probably less converts under their belt sitting at 3 - 7 converts vs someone like Unknown who is either sitting at similar or more converts then most of my accounts.

i think you know what i mean but you just don't want to say it

its pretty obvious to anyone watching the tabs

• Like 2

It isn't an intended mechanic you know it isn't and is shady as hell. You can sit here and try and justify all you want but no matter how much you try and polish this turd...Well it is still a turd. Go out and PvP go out and kill stuff 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

How does converts help you justify its not? But between other owners and chaos history of dissolved kingdoms and change of groups, my toons have probably less converts under their belt sitting at 3 - 7 converts vs someone like Unknown who is either sitting at similar or more converts then most of my accounts.

And PVP incentive is #1 just because of the style of game play, that is the biggest reason why most pvpers lean towards pvp in any game they play on, next #2 is the fun factor which in some games that might be at a higher level, meanwhile in other games they resort to lvl #3 which relies on giving incentives which people then find a reason to cry about at some point in time. 

It is no where near as easy as some make it out to be, and risk is always a factor regardless of what excuses some people will claim. Fact of the matter is, there is no cheat going on to magically spawn these affinities, many of the affinities in hind sight have been obtained by pvp after all and being on the server for a long time. 

You wanna talk about whats more cringe vs anything else? The fact that today no one can play an MMORPG how they like to play with the mechanics allowed to them because everyone has something to say about it, and there is supposed to be a one sided way of playing. But the funniest part of it is, while one person might be taking some affinities from another account they own that is so looked down upon vs someone that would rip off players there is nothing at all wrong with that.

Okay... I might be drunk BUT "while one person might be taking some affinities from another account they own that is so looked down upon" it isn't SOME. The last few days I've logged into wurm for like 3hrs at night on Launsel... those 3hrs are BOMBARDED with tabs of Ebo affinity farming of demondan and whomever. I mean 3hrs non-stop of just tab after tab for the last few days if not more. That isn't "some". Personally I don't care if someone buys an affinity here or there or pulls from 1 of their accounts randomly. But it is obvious when it is done more than a few times a week it is being abused and should be stopped, things need to be looked at and changed.

• Like 7

+1 any change that stops this. Make it fair and how it should be. Look forward to the changes, this has been a subject I've been arguing on for a while now so i feel satisfied that we finally got a torch shined on a grey area. 

Alt abuse in ALL forms need to be taken down. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

We've already stated that this will be looked into, I understand there's frustration in those who are abusing the existing mechanics to extremes though. 

We're taking a lot of feedback about it all on board and will have a solution that covers many aspects here, affinity farming, alt slaying for both fs and affinities, and affinities in pve. 

With that said, until this update comes out we will be taking a hard line against anyone slaying alts for affinities or fight skill, up to and including bans. 

I never agree with the way you guys deal with stuff, very unprofessional, but if you are going to make claims of bans for something that has not been a problem before you best be putting a public service announcement about it. As well as a event msg in game about change coming through. 

Edited by MaurizioAM

Just now, MaurizioAM said:

I never agree with the way you guys deal with stuff, very unprofessional, but if you are going to make claims of bans for something that has not been a problem before you best be putting a public service announcement about it. 

We'll be making sure everyone knows, don't worry.

In the meantime, I advise everyone lets their fellow kingdomers know not to do it. 

• Like 5

So now that the strongest toons in the game have all the affinitys they want and have used all the exploits to get extra strength, meditation, shield and other skills it is time to stop this too. They whine and the newer players can never hope compete. Nice

2 minutes ago, Roninn said:

So now that the strongest toons in the game have all the affinitys they want and have used all the exploits to get extra strength, meditation, shield and other skills it is time to stop this too. They whine and the newer players can never hope compete. Nice

To be honest, the strongest toons in the game are mostly on freedom, and didn't abuse FS / affinity farming. What does the strength / meditation / shield have to do with this new ruling, though?

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Niki said:

Like that time you stole one of your kingdom mates account from her? I'm a ripoff? I'm a merchant, and lately I've really been fair and lax about my prices. Are you sure you want to toss mud at me? It's not 2013 anymore, however I do mess that Wurm economy. Here is how I can describe it below.

707151de1f772364ed7c799a371774d2.png

i have no prob with u niki. never have
I'm getting sick of that eva ######..  not been throwing my self into to this over other reason's. but i am done holding back..

For 1 i was in com's the day she Left.. "i am leaving and never-coming back sell them keep them use the money for kingdom...."

the priest was used like a kingdom wench...

well it came down to it..

i ended up playing it more then anyone because at the time i was playing 8 to 14hours a day after work...

moe paying for the perm so we could keep casted items and gear on people. build and so on.    Well over a year went by.   i got asked if i wanted to buy it off him for what the perm time left on the toon. 23$ so i did ... at this point i already grind ed it channeling up (20ish start)40points and mining up to  (0 start)40. prospecting to 60. i contacted gm's about the account before i buyed it because i always worry about stuff. got the green-light. it was my account i ended up grinding to to 90mining and up to 90channeling. and some time after that when i was afk(i afk up to 12hours on priests)  i get random pm from someone i don't know saying she wants the account back and i need to give the login info to them....i think not. (i don't know this person)

when i 1st heard she was back me moe 3rd party where in com's trying to come up with ways that was fair for all party's for her to get her accounts back that She Had Given Away.

i hear for 2 weeks she is back and wants them back she never personal got on com's or try to contact.any of us the kingdom she was part of.

no its out right bashing from her so called new friends. draging  her old friends names in the mud... at this point we sayed frack that she not getting ######..

its the common trap the wannabe pvpers say. They assume they need top tier stats to compete when in reality you just need teamwork/trust in one another.

• Like 2

when I got bloodmaster he was 47 body str and 1 affinity, maybe 2 and 78 fightskill but Now he has 38 affinties and 90+ fightskill from pvp and none of that came from abusing mechanics.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 3

Just another ruling that benefits the players who have taken advantage of this stuff in the past and makes it impossible for newer players to compete. The strongest toons in what aspect? The strongest fighters with the highest shield skills highest meditation skills are on chaos. The highest crafters are on freedom perhaps.

Its ok Blookmaster you and your 38 affinties and 90+ fight skill have fun playing by yourself. This action is probably a knockout punch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roninn said:

on epic gary has 160 affinities from pvp, at the start i lost more than i gained.  i have probably the highest str on epic, at the start i had 30-40 while people thought i had 50+ this is known as "fake it till you make it" and make it by actually grinding.  i got 90 med on epic where its way harder to grind than on freedom, oddly enough this was done by meditating like anyone else, i averaged 8 or so meds a day, and 80-90 alone took me months.  my lowest shield skill is 90.32 and my highest is 99.98, how does this happen one might ask?  by actually having grinded it and hunted with it, its not as hard as one might cry granted the shield training nerf was a bit of a bad move

you don't have to cheat or exploit or whatever to get a great account.  you don't have to cry that someone else did too to try to justify to yourself that it's ok for someone to do.  people can and have been banned for cheating so odds are actually cheating is never a very good idea unless you don't value your account.  also, because no one ever listens to this apparently, if you actually /know/ someone is cheating, you could uh, report them.  there are several ways to contact gms

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Roninn said:

Just another ruling that benefits the players who have taken advantage of this stuff in the past and makes it impossible for newer players to compete. The strongest toons in what aspect? The strongest fighters with the highest shield skills highest meditation skills are on chaos. The highest crafters are on freedom perhaps.

Farming affinities from insincere pvp scenarios is not really a way for new players to catch up.

What we will be doing is introducing a more engaging way to earn new affinities, while still allowing for affinities to transfer during actual pvp scenarios. 

You will still gain affinities from killing enemy players

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

when I got bloodmaster he was 47 body str and 1 affinity, maybe 2 and 78 fightskill but Now he has 38 affinties and 90+ fightskill from pvp and none of that came from abusing mechanics.

Wish more people played fair like this. Definitely rare though. Have a thumbs up.

• Like 2

That's fine change the game now all you want. My four toons that I keep premium will be running out and as they do they will not be renewing their game time. For the most part I can say it's been fun.

Thanking for the quick reply to this hot topic. :) 

And omg niki, I nearly fell off my chair loling. what a pic...

Edited by gorgian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Roninn said:

That's fine change the game now all you want. My four toons that I keep premium will be running out and as they do they will not be renewing their game time. For the most part I can say it's been fun.

Because you can't farm affinities? That's pretty sad to be honest.

• Like 1

They are changing things so you are going to take your toys and go home ..lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roninn said:

Blood is full of it FYI.

What did you just say to me?

I'll have you know I have over 300 confirmed kills on tabs!!

Edited by Mclavin

When a "game" ceases to be fun then it is time to stop spending time and money on it.

5 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

They are changing things so you are going to take your toys and go home ..lol

• Like 1