Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Stealth bug - can ride and speak in local while not shown on local, alliance or village tabs

What is wrong?

A player will not show up in local, alliance or village tabs if they log off stealthed and log back after. Even if stealth mode is switched off at relog they stay hidden in the tabs. They can do anything, ride, talk in local etc., without showing up in the tabs.

How to reproduce?

* go to stealth mode

* log off, not sure if you need to wait for /lotime

* log back

The bug gives an opportunity to anyone to enter local and do any actions without the danger of being unstealthed - as they are technically not in stealth for themselves and can also be seen visually - which can easily be used to approach enemy without being noticed.

Tested on Elevation today. I've logged a /support ticket and was advised by CM to log the issue here.

EDIT: tested within alliance only, not sure if the behaviour is the same with enemies.

Edited by Jaz

Are you sure it isn't just alliance and village? (Other players in these tabs will not show up on those until they speak) 

it's a bug with stealth tho yeah. I don't think the actual Local tab part is true tho

Edited by Mclavin

Ive had it that I can't see people in my local even though I know their there but i'm not sure if they could see me in theirs only tested in village never went outside.

Yes it is also local tab. The account can talk there snd not popping on local. I can see them riding 3 tiles away from me and not shown in local. 

Loink, yes the bugged account also cannot see most of the others in the tabs. I'll do more tests using my alts as both parties to test it out more in detail.

Edited by Jaz

Did the local observer's premium run out?  Non-prem accounts cannot see other player names in local.

A friend cross tested it on freedom using two of his toons - he was not visible on local, village and alliance tab - same buggy behaviour as on Elevation. 

I've tested it a bit again. Today, unlike yesterday the account who is logging in after logged out in stealth mode properly shows in local tab - tried to log off and on also while others in local or not.

The account is still not shown in village and alliance tabs, despite he is talking on the tabs. The account also cannot see anyone in village or alliance tab until relogs again.

I cannot find yet the way to reproduce the whole  issue  - where the account is also hidden from local tab.

Edited by Jaz

I wish I'd seen this earlier. I was using stealth on Release while afk and logged off. Now I can't see Alliance members' names in Alliance chat and they can't see mine. Although I can still chat there. Kind of like when a new member joins the alliance and can't be seen until they relog. Only relog doesn't help me.