Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

Healing Potions

Upon examining : This beautiful crystal potion has a diamond stopper. The liquid inside is a glowing gold color.

Allow Alchemist to make real healing potions that are instant health pots when used. 

Crafting categories :

1.5-2.5 % Variables for successful between skill markers.

Potion of Healing ( 5%-10% Heal )

= Req. 40 Natural subs / 25 alchemy 

Potion of Greater Healing ( 10-20% Heal )

Req. 60 Natural Subs / 30 Alchemy

Potion of Superior Healing  ( 30-35% Capped Heal ) 

Req. 70 Natural Subs / 40+ Alchemy 

let the alchemist table be more useful for crafting these.

usable during combat.  much like a CR potion.

Require ingredients.  Unique Mob Parts for example gland of a Kyclopes etc... or other item. 

possibly Add a Toxicity to them ( negative effect ) for using to many of them in a short period of time. 

• Like 3

+1 If it's accessible to anyone with some basic to average skill(slow rate of healing etc for lower ql potions etc, w/e devs decide)

Why? Just to make it actually useful for all players and not just another pvp perk)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Finnn said:

+1 If it's accessible to anyone with some basic to average skill(slow rate of healing etc for lower ql potions etc, w/e devs decide)

Why? Just to make it actually useful for all players and not just another pvp perk)

This. I'd like to see it to be able to create from basic material, so it's not depended on rare material and unique hunting etc. And yes, would benefit all of the players. Would make alchemy much more interesting and give versatile usage of herbs or so.

• Like 4

as finnn and kadmint said. +1only if its something all can do.

uses pottery jar + peg for container? has to be left to ferment like alcohols, when done you get the potion

• Like 3

+1 to making more useful things from alchemy and non-unique creature parts. :)

-1, Joining this game and seeing the method of healing was one of the big "wow's" back when i first started. Going from games where you just raise HP to games where you actually apply cotton to specific areas. Magic is the only thing I would like as an exception to a person's health being restored.

• Like 1

i do agree the detailed healing is great.

the potion could perhaps be consumed (heal a random wound?) or soaked into a bandage to increase its healing potential? 

increasing the use of alchemy doesnt mean stoping the use of healing.

not to say those kind of potions might be heavy (possibly 1-2kg each), so cotton and HC would still be best, and potions usable as an emergency only. since you wouldnt carry 20 of them around.

• Like 4

On 07/01/2018 at 10:57 PM, Ekib said:

i do agree the detailed healing is great.

the potion could perhaps be consumed (heal a random wound?) or soaked into a bandage to increase its healing potential? 

That is something I can agree with. Activate square pieces of cloth and right click ANY alcohol to make a bandage that is 1.5x better than regular cotton.  Alcohol has "saved" man in many ways irl. Of course that would only make beverages cooler, not alchemy.

• Like 4

I remember joining wurm years back with the intention of becoming a healer; then I reliased that even the newest of new players could pretty much do all forms of mundane healing.

A mid to high level set of natural substances recipes that would produce items that are *useful* is a good idea, especially healing items; making it rely on unique drops is not so good an idea as no-one but the unque hunters would ever get to enjoy the feature (like sorcery really).

An alternative would be:

1.  Modifying source salt so that one can add it to water to make liquid source (1:1 conversion in terms of karma)

2.  Have source act as a potion base, with more powerful potions requiring more source.

3.  Modify UNCHARGED gems to have a much lower weight based on QL

4.  Use a mortar and pestel on a gem to make gem powder (of that type), milling skill giving more powder!

5.  Mix gem powder with source to get a potion (be it healing or something else interesting) for that nice mid-high level NS skill.

This keeps potions somewhat rare (the source and gem requirements) and allows different recipes using different powders.

You could even go the extra miles and allow for powders to be infused with a spell to give a different effect (like that would ever happen XD).

• Like 5

Some realy nice ideas i'm reading here, i hope alchemy and ns will get much deserved love soon. Would be even fun to introduce glasswork as a skill whichs products can be used for complicated alchemy recepies among other things

I dislike the idea of Wurm Online becoming just another generic game with total hit points instead of actually having to apply bandaging and healing salves/patches to specific locations.

One possible compromise might be to have an alchemical creation of a potion to drink when bees / whatever have attacked and you're considered 'poisoned'.  My sole experience with bee stings was that this happened not at a specific location on the body but was a status dealt to the character's health as a whole.  So I'd favor a healing potion that covered that specific issue in Wurm.  The name of the potion created with alchemy skill could be 'antidote' or 'poison antidote'.

• Like 2

LT is healing faster than bandaging and applying healing covers.

Alch. pots could be used in variety of cases... healing any type of the damages or negative effects on players, maybe even buffing them with temporary stats???

Ofc. to keep it at least a little balanced some or all of that could be limited for use by premium players... and so on and so on...

But.. pvp bla bla nah nah... vote for no chaos implementation, is there another reason for this to be rejected than?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tristanc said:

My sole experience with bee stings was that this happened not at a specific location on the body but was a status dealt to the character's health as a whole.

Actually bee stings generate a poison wound on a random part of your body which can insta-kill you ;)

agreeing with finn.

would be handy for new accounts to drink a potion of strength and be able to load crates even if they arent at 23 strength yet.

potions would give 0.01 to 1.00 boost to skill/stat depending of ql and actual skill? so someone almost over the limit of a skill or stat could temporaly pass over, but someone far from it wont get any benefits.

and stats potions limited to under 50 use. after that "you are too powerful already to feel any effect."

this way wouldnt be overly cheating but could give a little help, and pretty sure the realm would also benefit from it. something not too expensive to make, but you need the skills, and possibly the skill or stat you make the potion of (no mind logic potion if you are drooling on yourself)

and to make it that is basicly only useful at low lvl could help make new accounts  able to catch up to older ones a little and feel more enclined to stay in the game, without the old accounts going overpowered on it.

just have to be sure the boost doesnt count as a x3 once its over... or do to help them grow? but might be just easier to make potions lower difficulty linked to a stat or skill...

this way would act both as a way to mentor people and boost alchemy usage :P 

• Like 1

I like the idea of giving new player temp buff so he can load crate, i remember it as one of the most frustrating thing when i was starting to wait for 23 strength :D

Instead of "toxicity", just have a "Healing Potion Resistance" debuff that starts at 100% and ticks down to 0% over time, like the resistances aoe spells cause. The New Player buffs could dramatically reduce the time it takes for the debuff to expire.

• Like 2

Going to bump this one, since healing potions of some form would be nice in wurm, and it'd give me a reason to skill NS.

+1 from me. I would love to get more use out of alchemy and healing! Seeing really good ideas here for both and some of which would even make gems more useful.

As a 90+ NS and 60 alchemy toon there is not much really out there for our skills, they are all RNG  and people are now using the 1,1,1 dye trick to sell dyes , if only i could buy 90ql steel and insta create a 90ql weapon with 30 WS . either  revamp dye making and bloods so your skill is actually worth it or add some other things we high NS/Alch  can bring to the game.

Could add honey to the ingredient list as well. It was used as far back as ancient Egyption times for wound care. Could also add things like tree bark, herbs and mushrooms, milk and even fish bits. These would benefit multiple skills like foraging, botanizing, forestry, milking and fishing.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Katrat said:

Could add honey to the ingredient list as well. It was used as far back as ancient Egyption times for wound care. Could also add things like tree bark, herbs and mushrooms, milk and even fish bits. These would benefit multiple skills like foraging, botanizing, forestry, milking and fishing.

My grandfather used to treat horses with honey and put sawdust on top of the honey to keep honey there but also flies off the wound.

Edited by Toecutter
  • Like 1

Nice ideas.

Could also have some potions to slow decay, slow the decay of enchanted things, or on the contrary give damage to something like a wall on pvp?

• Like 1

Maybe have it apply a global healing potency on all wounds, as if the player were on enchanted grass, and the potency / duration be decided by the quality.

• Like 2