Sign in to follow this  
Theonis

Deli Unique Hunting Group - Choose your friends carfuly to be aloud onto it.

well I have played on deli for some time and I had a deed right in the middle of all oak trees, I didnt like the view so I left it to disband. I dont know anything about a hunting party and I have taken a break fo the game myself due to some conflicts and discussions with other people. but just saying one of the reasons I didnt get back to my old deed in central deli was the amount of oak trees and how it F'ed up the view from the top of my old deed. He might be scaring of all his neighbours cause of that.  I  support odynn and the decissions made by the GM's to define it as griefing.

But now I am living on the north coast far away from a massive oak forest and I like it :P

edit:

I think I actualy got invited a couple of times for some unique hunts by said hunting party. and I didnt have the feeling that it was invite only or an exclusive group. 

Edited by shamflam
  • Like 3

Wow, this thread has some long posts. I should have gotten some popcorn!

Now, I have been gone for a long time, but returned to wurm around christmas. I actually got to get a look at the oaks first hand.

"Deed it or lose it" has been a staple of wurm, with the enclosure rule gone more so than ever. However, another rule has always been "ask your neighbours". If you decide to act in such a way as to annoy absolutely everybody around you, then sorry, I cannot endorse such behaviour.

What Quasiwud is doing is something I would clearly consider griefing/harassment. It might have been an honest mistake at first, but after you get told by multiple people that your actions are not appreciated, there has to come a point where you get the message.

With that out of the way:

Theonis. What exactly are you trying to achieve with this thread? Rejoin the group? I think you only achieved the opposite if that were your goal.

From Odynn's posts I gathered that you had not actually been declined reentry, but that it was still being discussed; though reentry might have been unlikely due to your ties to Quasiwud.

Whatever the case, the worst thing you could have done was make it public.

As for people not telling you why you were removed from the list: Ever considered they were telling the truth? You were removed for inactivity due to the management overhead and many people probably did not know.

Odynn. While I dislike Theonis' behaviour after he contacted you, I do think you were a bit unfair to him. (At least from my admittedly limited viewpoint that is this thread)

The chat log he posted (and you did not refute) shows that he had no active part in the creating of the offending deed. He may not have asked Quasi to remove it, but I can imagine he simply did not think of it, or thought Quasi had your permission. Either way, it does seem like you are being unreasonably hard on him, since it was not him planting the deed, but rather a misguided Quasi.

Right. Now that I have pissed off all major parties in this "discussion", what do I win?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Xandaros said:

Right. Now that I have pissed off all major parties in this "discussion", what do I win?

The *Lone Wolf Award*! And for any further disputes with both sides of the issue you are awarded a *Wolf Pup*. I have quite a collection of them myself and when you gather enough of them around you they will keep you nice and warm when left out in the cold.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Hey all that drama aside, I’m just looking to get some hide / scale pieces. Are these events by the group closed off to non-deli residents 100% or could I come as a bystander? :D

id obviously be happy to participate too, as I have in the past (PS, Drama free as well \o/)

No worries either way. Shoot me a PM if you don’t mind letting me swoop in also 

On 1/23/2018 at 4:45 PM, Xor said:

Hey all that drama aside, I’m just looking to get some hide / scale pieces. Are these events by the group closed off to non-deli residents 100% or could I come as a bystander? :D

id obviously be happy to participate too, as I have in the past (PS, Drama free as well \o/)

No worries either way. Shoot me a PM if you don’t mind letting me swoop in also 

You need to be active on deli and have a deed, I have a deed but I'm not active so I don't get invited usually. Pretty fair I think. 

• Like 2

Yeah I have 5-6 deeds on Deli, and it is my homeserver, but I am also not active enough to be part of the group atm.

• Like 2

I was at work just looking at the forum and I would like to thank all of you good people for making my work day go so fast I thought for a minute I was reading a good book. I love drama

But no seriously if I relocate to deli how would be able to hook up with this hunting party life on Xanadu is really dead now

Quasi asked the active deeds around him about the oak forest and left them alone if they asked him not to cut or plant trees. This whole thing got blown out of proportion by people that didn't have the decency to talk to him, instead they filed complaints first then flamed later.

As far as the Unique hunts, we had a rollercoaster on Deli of drama in the beginning of the server and after the implementation of uniques spawning. The system that is set up now was a way to combat the "theft" of drops and give everyone something back. while it isn't perfect its fair and it relies on community participation and organization. Odynn has mostly been the organizer and i thank him for that and i showed my appreciation more than a few times.

Odynn, please give people the benefit of the doubt. Don't deny Theo a place in the hunt over a dispute that he got dragged into. Bury this event in the past and get on with Wurming. There are people i don't like that are friends with people i like but i don't fault them for who they consider friends.

16 hours ago, JudusX said:

Quasi asked the active deeds around him about the oak forest and left them alone if they asked him not to cut or plant trees. This whole thing got blown out of proportion by people that didn't have the decency to talk to him, instead they filed complaints first then flamed later.

yah, i asked him not to cut trees, next to my deeds, he cut them, then plant deeds next to mine... and cut everything we replanted down again TWICE... please review the situation before saying anything.

Odynn, please give people the benefit of the doubt. Don't deny Theo a place in the hunt over a dispute that he got dragged into.

I would have give him the benefit of the doubt IF he tried to smooth things over... not only he refused to do so and avoided to answer the situation properly many times... but he smeared some shitty drama all over the forum and in his own alliance... being persuaded that i would screw him over ... which is NOT me NOR my intentions. The fact we had issues with Quasiwud allies right after on our hunt doesn't even bode well for him on that front. IF he can't trust me and as you said, i'm the organizer and IF he has no faith in the current system... WHY is he still interesting to join?!

As far as the Unique hunts, we had a rollercoaster on Deli of drama in the beginning of the server and after the implementation of uniques spawning. The system that is set up now was a way to combat the "theft" of drops and give everyone something back. while it isn't perfect its fair and it relies on community participation and organization. Odynn has mostly been the organizer and i thank him for that and i showed my appreciation more than a few times.

For that matter the group is now over 40 active members with potentially 10 more... we are now facing mostly administrative matters than anything else.

Bury this event in the past and get on with Wurming.

At this point I no longuer give a damn. Theonis dug is own grave with that mess. Adding him back was being discussed... he screwed it up. We have added twice the amount of people since that thread went up (and we will probably have to refuse further addition for now on)... and yes, I will get on with Wurming, but don't take my overall kindness for weakness, I will not let people backstab me everytime they can.

We have rules, we have GMs to enforce them when they apply to the game ones and we have rules within the hunting team... the management (which is not only me btw) will enforce those.

On that point, I believe that thread as run its course and should probably be locked or even completely removed from existence like all those drama and BS smearing ones we curently have no the Deli subforum.

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 3

As this is an old thread that has run its course, I've locked it.  Start a new thread for more current discussion if you feel the need.

Pandalet (LFM)

• Like 2