Sign in to follow this  
Theonis

Deli Unique Hunting Group - Choose your friends carfuly to be aloud onto it.

Deliverance has from my experience been a very community driven server.  If you live on deli, you are welcomed to just about all the parties that are thrown, from making canals for public use to even an arena public made to try and promote some PvP fights for people to do on a PvE server.  The community is also pretty giving when another known server local is working on some project and needs some resource to shore up something that will benefit the community as a whole.  The Unique Hunting squad is also run as such.  If you are a Deli local and are willing to keep the hunt to server locals you are included in the group as well.  I was apart of this group for a very long time, like 2012 starting.  The group is run by Odynn.

If you wish to join this group it is him you need to appeal to in order to join.  I will warn you now though.  The friends you have in game will determine your eligibility as well. As with any Unique hunting squad in Wurm there is a lot of drama involved in such groups.  This group is efficient and good at what they do, the players are competent as well in their.abilities for being as the PvPers call them, "carebears".

A couple of years ago there was an instance of players growing ill-contented with a couple of players winning the special drops through a random roll system and then turning around and selling the items on the auction board to keep funding their wurm game play.  So a shake up happens, These players were no longer aloud to play with the group and a new system for getting loot was implemented.  In order to have a chance at the special drops you had to bid on the items as well to get access to them otherwise it was taken directly to auction and the profits split among the participating hunters.  I did not agree with the new system as I have saved every item I ever gathered from such hunts, skulls for decorations, bodies to lay out on display, I got a Valri item once, I drank that sucker for my self.  I was primarily after the bones and the hide so I could make a scale set and turn all the pieces of rare.  This new system made it so if you wanted one of those items you still had to pay for it.  At least I could still participate and get hide for free.  I stayed on because I enjoyed the companionship of frighting as a group, and I really did like looking for the newest target on the map since I knew the geology of Deli really well.

About six months into this new server I was doing one of my hiatus that I take periodically in this game.  During this time, one of the people who had butted heads with Odynn and left the hunting group decided he wanted to turn deli in an oak forest. . If some one asked him to leave an area close to their deed alone he would do so.  Any where that wasn't on deed he had a hatchet and sapplings ready along with plenty of time to do it.  Odynn Saw this as griefing him since the trees slowly started working in the direction of his many trader deeds he has around the server.  At this point a war broke out between Odynn and Quasiwud.  Both seeing actions done to them as counter griefing like moves on a chess board.  So Odynn had his alliance put in tickets to the GMs for mass griefing from Quasiwud.  The GMs then told Quasi he wasn't aloud to plant trees off deed.  So, Quasi deeded the entire area around his main deed to continue to put his trees up.  In retaliation to this, Odynn put a canal right on the edge of Quasi's original deed and had it heritage sited.

When this all went down I was playing a game called DayZ.  I like to role play as a survivor of the zombie Apocalypse in it so I had been playing for about four months straight at that point.  I did stay in contact with Quasi over Teamspeak and he had mentioned that I should come back soon.  In which I responded with that I had plans on returning soon and that with the influx of players we have been having I wanted to place a deed up outside my mountain so I could connect it to the highway and not worry about some one locking me into the mountain.  When I had returned to the game, Quasi had indeed put a deed up for me outside the mountain.  This deeds locations was right up against Odynn's deed.

This is what had me removed from the hunting party.  When I asked the small group of players about why I was no longer on the mailing list I got three reasons.  1) I don't know, 2) I was not even responded to.  And 3) because you have been inactive for the last four months.  Since I was focusing on getting the mountain top actually completed so I could get that entrance started I didn't think any thing of it.  With today's dragon spawning I figured I would like to get back into hunting again so I could continue on that goal of a scale set that I had been working on since 2012 with out having to pay for it.  So I sent a PM to Odynn about getting back on the mailing list.  In response I got a denial due to being friends with Quasiwud.

Spoiler

[15:54:32] <Torbetton> I wont have my gaming PC back till next month so this month I am not participating. But how do I go about getting added back to the hunting group forum thread?

[15:55:28] <Odynn> in your case, how do you define your ties with quasiwud and the MR group that is most likely coming if he find it?

[15:57:02] <Torbetton> I was under the impression I was cut from the group becuase I was inactive.  During the time I was in, which was long past the time when qusi and the two girls had left deli.

[15:57:27] <Torbetton> During that time, I had never said any thing to them while helpoing with the dragon hunts

[15:58:31] <Odynn> quasi never left deli, the whole oak mess is most likely a comeback from the fact he was cut from the dragon hunts, he invited the MR group here a few times and you were supportive of his initiative.

[16:00:43] <Torbetton> You are interpritming my oppinion on keeping the old loot system that was changed during that whole fallout as being supportive of him creating a second hunting group.

[16:02:05] <Odynn> i am also speaking of the whole griefing thing

[16:04:01] <Torbetton> Him planting his oaks?  I support the foundation that you can do what ever you want with undeed land.  We have been told Deed it or Loose it from the begining.  If he wants to plants trees on a peice

[16:04:23] <Torbetton> of land that I don't interactive with? why should I care?  Some one can go through and cut them all down later.

[16:05:54] <Odynn> more about that deed matter and the one locking me in that was planted for you

[16:10:10] <Torbetton> The area were teh deed is has had a number of deeds come and go.  As I mentioned to you, I had intended to place a deed up before after the last one had fallen in the area so I didn't have to worry

[16:10:33] <Torbetton> about some one else cutting me off from getting up the mountain.  I had mentioned it to him but hadn't pulled the trigger becuase I hadn'st spoken to you at that point.

[16:10:56] <Torbetton> With him placing a deed there that was his initiative there.

[16:13:01] <Odynn> a griefing deed, locking me in, with your full support though, since it was for you, you could have asked him to remove it

So what was once what I thought a community minded group has come down to you will Iether do what makes Odynn happy or you will be excluded from any thing that the community does.  What pisses me off, is of all the people I have asked about why I was removed, not one of them could or would tell me why. 

17 minutes ago, Theonis said:

About six months into this new server I was doing one of my hiatus that I take periodically in this game.  During this time, one of the people who had butted heads with Odynn and left the hunting group decided he wanted to turn deli in an oak forest. . If some one asked him to leave an area close to their deed alone he would do so.  Any where that wasn't on deed he had a hatchet and sapplings ready along with plenty of time to do it.  Odynn Saw this as griefing him since the trees slowly started working in the direction of his many trader deeds he has around the server.  At this point a war broke out between Odynn and Quasiwud.  Both seeing actions done to them as counter griefing like moves on a chess board.  So Odynn had his alliance put in tickets to the GMs for mass griefing from Quasiwud.  The GMs then told Quasi he wasn't aloud to plant trees off deed.  So, Quasi deeded the entire area around his main deed to continue to put his trees up.  In retaliation to this, Odynn put a canal right on the edge of Quasi's original deed and had it heritage sited.

the-dude.jpg

• Like 2

We were internally discussing wether or not to let you join back, the trouble is like you said yourself siding with quasiwud in his all out war against myself for the petty reasons you mentionned above.

the main point is where you loyalties lie. if you are bad mouthing the team in the freedom chat, then the forum and taking personnal actions against team members, we are allowed to doubt your willingness to play fairly.

Also odynn is tired of that crap.

• Like 2

Let me get this right , private group tells you no sorry you can't hunt for what ever reason. Now you make a forum post trying to pull some other drama into it as a reason why the "  very community driven server"  aka private hunting group tells you Sorry you SOL.  

LMAO

Theonis we actually "were" talking about you joining us again ...........

Sadly you just posted Quasi's side of that whole thing which is anything but the whole truth.

• Like 1

love the before and after shot from a birds eye view.

all i know is a lot of good wood went to rot. and that now the only mobs are sheep cows pigs chickens dogs and wolfs.

no bee's no spiders not scorps no bears bar the ones that wander into the area. sad really very very sad .

• Like 1

Yeah it felt really strange to drive down to shore just east from the area on my newbie toon yesterday, not a mob in sight except some trolls by sea.

Almost ghostlike :(

So I was naively thinking someone had been hunting in local.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

Drama with unique's, thread number 394...

c987cba22cbc4ccf487c18d43fabe68a.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Theonis said:

Deliverance has from my experience been a very community driven server.  If you live on deli, you are welcomed to just about all the parties that are thrown, from making canals for public use to even an arena public made to try and promote some PvP fights for people to do on a PvE server.  The community is also pretty giving when another known server local is working on some project and needs some resource to shore up something that will benefit the community as a whole.  The Unique Hunting squad is also run as such.  If you are a Deli local and are willing to keep the hunt to server locals you are included in the group as well.  I was apart of this group for a very long time, like 2012 starting.  The group is run by Odynn.

And weirdly most of those community projects you mentionned were driven by me to some extent.

If you wish to join this group it is him you need to appeal to in order to join.  I will warn you now though.  The friends you have in game will determine your eligibility as well. As with any Unique hunting squad in Wurm there is a lot of drama involved in such groups.  This group is efficient and good at what they do, the players are competent as well in their.abilities for being as the PvPers call them, "carebears".

Sorry, nope, i'm not the only one that need to be appealed to... i only do most of the paperwork. /me want to hire a full time secretary... no pay though.

A couple of years ago there was an instance of players growing ill-contented with a couple of players winning the special drops through a random roll system and then turning around and selling the items on the auction board to keep funding their wurm game play.  So a shake up happens, These players were no longer aloud to play with the group and a new system for getting loot was implemented.  In order to have a chance at the special drops you had to bid on the items as well to get access to them otherwise it was taken directly to auction and the profits split among the participating hunters.  I did not agree with the new system as I have saved every item I ever gathered from such hunts, skulls for decorations, bodies to lay out on display, I got a Valri item once, I drank that sucker for my self.  I was primarily after the bones and the hide so I could make a scale set and turn all the pieces of rare.  This new system made it so if you wanted one of those items you still had to pay for it.  At least I could still participate and get hide for free.  I stayed on because I enjoyed the companionship of frighting as a group, and I really did like looking for the newest target on the map since I knew the geology of Deli really well.

The trouble was more laying in the fact some people did nohing, didn't participate in deed costs or casts costs or any costs at all... and ended up with a full reward for free. Those who did the less were of course unhappy... some throw a tantrum, to mention only one Quasiwud (it's important for the later part). I got tired of that ###### and decided to start fresh and most of the people followed through.

The new system is not perfect BUT allows everyone who participate to leave with something, which is better than someone leaving with everything AND the costs are paid by the group and not a few individuals.

About six months into this new server I was doing one of my hiatus that I take periodically in this game.  During this time, one of the people who had butted heads with Odynn and left the hunting group decided he wanted to turn deli in an oak forest. . If some one asked him to leave an area close to their deed alone he would do so.  Any where that wasn't on deed he had a hatchet and sapplings ready along with plenty of time to do it.  Odynn Saw this as griefing him since the trees slowly started working in the direction of his many trader deeds he has around the server. 

Sorry dude, but no, I asked quasiwud to stop cutting the trees next to my deeds, not trader deeds, main alliance deeds used by our alliance members... his answer was : "no, you had oaks here, so i'm making it my limit". So what you are saying is a lie, fed to you by him or invented by yourself.

At this point a war broke out between Odynn and Quasiwud.  Both seeing actions done to them as counter griefing like moves on a chess board.  So Odynn had his alliance put in tickets to the GMs for mass griefing from Quasiwud.  The GMs then told Quasi he wasn't aloud to plant trees off deed.  So, Quasi deeded the entire area around his main deed to continue to put his trees up.  In retaliation to this, Odynn put a canal right on the edge of Quasi's original deed and had it heritage sited.

I didn't had my alliance put tickets in, everyone who had concerns about the giant forest creeping toward their deeds did. The GMs allowed Quasiwud to plant up to 20 tiles of oaks around his deeds. He then abused that decision by planting more deeds and kept planting trees. Expanding the many deeds he had planted to lock me in. Alright, fair game, he managed to abuse the GMs faith in him and their ruling and by doing so drive 8 or so players off the game. Just check on the previous pictures and map dump the scale of that insanity.

As for the canal, No, it was not built as a retaliation, it was built on the same ground of those things you mentionned earlier : "If you live on deli, you are welcomed to just about all the parties that are thrown, from making canals for public use". It was built as far as possible from Quasiwud deed (which he then expanded to prevent the canal) and with as little impact on the environement. Same thing, you can see it from the map dump, we used concrete to raise the rock layer to prevent a massive gash in the land and keep the area exactly as it was.

Now to speak of retaliation, Quasiwud expanded his deed to prevent the canal from being dredged... because he was apparently afraid we were going to landlock him (like really, who have been griefing who so far?!) then decided to create his own open air canal through the oak mess he created. you can see easily the start of that canal on the latest map dump... project that was stop by the GMs due to the lack of good reasons to do so, seeing we had finished the echo / nightmare canal already.

<snip>. I did stay in contact with Quasi over Teamspeak and he had mentioned that I should come back soon.  In which I responded with that I had plans on returning soon and that with the influx of players we have been having I wanted to place a deed up outside my mountain so I could connect it to the highway and not worry about some one locking me into the mountain.  When I had returned to the game, Quasi had indeed put a deed up for me outside the mountain.  This deeds locations was right up against Odynn's deed.

So, this is where you are starting to be directly involved and are making a fool out of yourself. The deed name "intransigent" (or a failure to write it properly) means that Quasiwud refused to compromise or to abandon an often extreme position or attitude (gotta love the merriam webster). So here, you are supporting not only the griefing action of Quasiwud in term of forest according to the whole deed it or loose it... where the only chessboard actions taken were to let the GMs sort this out as peacefully as possible... but you also accepted the fact a griefing deed meant to lock me in was made for you and you didn't question that at all or tried to have it removed.

Knowing that I always have been helpfull towards you (imps, preming up toons for your sermons and so on) and you could have easilly used my own tunnel that is no less than 10 tiles from that deed border and going straight to your mountain.

This is what had me removed from the hunting party.  When I asked the small group of players about why I was no longer on the mailing list I got three reasons.  1) I don't know, 2) I was not even responded to.  And 3) because you have been inactive for the last four months.  Since I was focusing on getting the mountain top actually completed so I could get that entrance started I didn't think any thing of it. 

If by entrance you means a reinforce tunnel going through my perimeter ... hrm... who said something about canal griefing?! nvm... lets move along. As for the forum mailing list, it's a ###### pita which require to manually add all the players... and like you said, you were gone for a while.

With today's dragon spawning I figured I would like to get back into hunting again so I could continue on that goal of a scale set that I had been working on since 2012 with out having to pay for it.  So I sent a PM to Odynn about getting back on the mailing list.  In response I got a denial due to being friends with Quasiwud.

Helllllloooooooooo... it's a hatchling, they drop hide. no scale. And if you want to link chats, here one of your own.

[23:28:31] <Bdckoolaid> lol anyone put together a party yet?
[23:28:56] <Torbetton> most likly two diffrent teams have already started.
[23:29:18] <Torbetton> They are a very exsclusive group done as quietly as possible as they compete for the dragon

[23:31:09] <Bdckoolaid> lol
[23:31:13] <Bdckoolaid> makes sense
[23:42:33] <Gregory> Its funny on Epic, well some servers the dragons outnumber the players..
[23:44:26] <Torbetton> Here on Deli, it is down to a sicance, if oyu look at the twitter feed, the normal crew is only 13 people who kill it.
[23:44:38] <Odynn> if you remember the part about the pvp drama i mentionned earlier, part of the reason it gets secretive... also because some people are greedy ######s who rather screw everyone within their group
[23:44:44] <Odynn> than try to play decently together

So, sorry, but no... we have around 26 people on our Discord channel (yes, we improved our technology), so it's not an elitist, exclusive group... but that kind of reaction or bad mouthing of a group you want to join again is already starting on the wrong foot.

So what was once what I thought a community minded group has come down to you will Iether do what makes Odynn happy or you will be excluded from any thing that the community does.  What pisses me off, is of all the people I have asked about why I was removed, not one of them could or would tell me why. 

This remains a community minded group... more than ever, we had 4 more people join us and more will probably come in too. We don't ask to like each others, heck, some of our members can't see each others... but at least the backstabbing happens on chaos.

Something I cannot personally stand is taking hostile actions against others members or being supportive of said actions. The fact those actions were directed toward me rather than another member didn't changed a thing. Aligned yourself with someone who swore to destroy us by all possible means was obviously not going in your favor. Specially when you try to hide between half assed rules, switch the conversation direction or plainly stop talking and go on the forum to cry a river.

That being said, you are saving us the time to statute on your situation and wish you the best, no hard feelings involved.

One post is better than 20.

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Yeah it felt really strange to drive down to shore just east from the area on my newbie toon yesterday, not a mob in sight except some trolls by sea.

Almost ghostlike :(

So I was naively thinking someone had been hunting in local.

The trouble of the oak forest area is the complete change in the spawns, making that area virtually useless and 'owned' by Quasiwud. The fact this happened after said unique hunt fallout and directly toward my deeds despite the many time the GMs asked him to stop (and our attempts to replant) should be proof enough of griefing.

Matter of the past now, just remember that if you screw people around, they might not want to bend the knee to you and your supporters.

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 6

So much drama for so little things, before blame ppl for something just get the facts right, this is why i always listen and get the facts right before ill act. And rember u still only playing a GAME.

A very good game.

Take care mcm over and out

• Like 4

This is why left Deli tbh. I could see it going downhill before the oaks were even planted. Which really sucked tbh because I quite enjoyed the nice NE Deli Alliance that once existed and participating in my first unique hunt with you folks on a Cyclops Anders found a few years ago. When I heard about the oak drama I just shook my head. WO is a community game, deed it or lose it is something that I generally agree with but if you try to turn an entire server into your own playground because you're salty, probably just go play WU by yourself. I will never understand that mentality. I only vaguely interacted with the unique hunting group and I wasn't really ever invited to be honest, just showed up with a friend of the party at the time and was welcomed and even got a roll chance which is more than I could ask for as I wasn't even online to look for the second unique. Not really taking a side here, just think it's sad that this is what a somewhat close group of people have changed into over the years over a video game.

1 hour ago, Ayluin said:

I only vaguely interacted with the unique hunting group and I wasn't really ever invited to be honest, just showed up with a friend of the party at the time and was welcomed and even got a roll chance which is more than I could ask for as I wasn't even online to look for the second unique. Not really taking a side here, just think it's sad that this is what a somewhat close group of people have changed into over the years over a video game.

We no longuer roll on items, but use a system close to the commonly known GDKP allowing us more flexibility loot wise and to reward people who spent time searching and helping to plan and slay the beast.

The rest remains true, it's not a closed group, just a group where trust matters more than everything. If you are one of the locals when the critter is found, you are usually warned and invited to the fight. The trouble is that some people decide to get salty, greedy and overall jerks who are looking more for the bucks than the fun.

We had the case on that late unique fight where one of the afore mentionned members of the group who 'swore' to destroy us showed up to it. Yes, we had to rush the fight, yes he might or might not have got some hide and blood if he made it to local, yes he might or might not have his sources within the group... but the whole thing is that it will hurt everyone and TRUST will be harder to get.

So now, you can see that siding along someone who swore to destroy us, either if you are innocent or don't want to do anything in it, is enough to make us loose faith in you. And that is the matter.

(Continued attacks on my person and accusing me of doing exactly what Quasiwud did only show a certain level of brainwashing, no more, no less.)

Edited by Odynn
typos and wrong engrish
  • Like 1

i cannot believe that  i have had to re register on the forums to adderess this post.  first i will say that i am astonished that you drama queens are so into me.  if any on you think i have spent a moment of my time fullfilling oddyn;dreams that i could possibly care for a second what he or any of you think feel or care about is ludicrous.! the only point i have to make here is.....  where is the forum moderator taking action about the blatent character flaming that is going on here!

enjoy your flame fest  and please odynn and company  stop bothering me. i dont give a ###### about you or how you feel about me.

thank you

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit.

7 hours ago, Odynn said:

We no longuer roll on items, but use a system close to the commonly known GDKP allowing us more flexibility loot wise and to reward people who spent time searching and helping to plan and slay the beast.

The rest remains true, it's not a closed group, just a group where trust matters more than everything. If you are one of the locals when the critter is found, you are usually warned and invited to the fight. The trouble is that some people decide to get salty, greedy and overall jerks who are looking more for the bucks than the fun.

We had the case on that late unique fight where one of the afore mentionned members of the group who 'swore' to destroy us showed up to it. Yes, we had to rush the fight, yes he might or might not have got some hide and blood if he made it to local, yes he might or might not have his sources within the group... but the whole thing is that it will hurt everyone and TRUST will be harder to get.

So now, you can see that siding along someone who swore to destroy us, either if you are innocent or don't want to do anything in it, is enough to make us loose faith in you. And that is the matter.

(Continued attacks on my person and accusing me of doing exactly what Quasiwud did only show a certain level of brainwashing, no more, no less.)

Not sure if I am misinterpreting your response or just tired. I'm not attacking you in any way. I was actually praising the fact that as someone who was not in the group at the time, I was welcomed in and got a roll chance when I didn't really even deserve one having not actually searched for the Troll King I think it was. I don't remember, it was a year or so ago. No attack intended. Maybe I worded it in a weird way.

8 hours ago, Ayluin said:

Not sure if I am misinterpreting your response or just tired. I'm not attacking you in any way. I was actually praising the fact that as someone who was not in the group at the time, I was welcomed in and got a roll chance when I didn't really even deserve one having not actually searched for the Troll King I think it was.

Nah, just made one post to tell you that it was still happening in a way and some infos on the latest developement. What you said remains the spirit of it and I thank you for your testimony.

12 hours ago, quasiwud said:

where is the forum moderator taking action about the blatent character flaming that is going on here!

Hello my good sir, there is no such rule and you have been dragged into it by Theonis first post. You could have been pinned on a name and shame thread since months, but you are not worth the effort of doing so. Also you reap what you sew, in your case mostly discord, discontentment and accorns, I hope you like the last ones, I heard they make fine pig food.

Edited by Odynn

Just wanted to add that despite being in an enemy kingdom to many of this hunting group they accept and trust me, they are a great group of people and it is disappointing to see one or two individuals trying to slam a large portion of the community of Deliverance for what is essentially just greed. I remember the day I nervously asked if I may join when I first started playing Wurm Online and they accepted me in with open arms. If you play actively on Deli and are reasonable, friendly and not looking for trouble then this is a group that will accept you. The loot system is different, but fair. It means everyone who helped gets something rather then just relying on whoever has the most money to bid or the rng of who found something first. Everyone in the team is happy with how things work. I don't understand why people outside the hunt team critisize the way it works either since essentially it really doesn't affect them at all.

• Like 4

And weirdly most of those community projects you mentionned were driven by me to some extent.

This is correct, your position as being the coordinator for just about every public project does put you into a position of perceived leadership figurehead on the server.

Sorry, nope, i'm not the only one that need to be appealed to... i only do most of the paperwork. /me want to hire a full time secretary... no pay though.

As can be seen by the conversation we had via PM, I asked first what needed to be done to be put back onto the list. The accusation retaliation in which you responded mentioned nothing of the sort. Instead it was perceived as a personal attack using your position as the leader of the hunting group to execute a personal vendetta.

The trouble was more laying in the fact some people did nohing, didn't participate in deed costs or casts costs or any costs at all... and ended up with a full reward for free. Those who did the less were of course unhappy... some throw a tantrum, to mention only one Quasiwud (it's important for the later part). I got tired of that ###### and decided to start fresh and most of the people followed through.

The new system is not perfect BUT allows everyone who participate to leave with something, which is better than someone leaving with everything AND the costs are paid by the group and not a few individuals.

This event was the back history to show when the rift between Quasi and your self began to butt heads. I included it as a time reference. I was not in agreeance with the new system being pushed. I was one of those few over the four years of unique hunter. My priest alt dropped deeds to pen the unique in and I wasn't compensated and yes it sucked that others were riding off a few peoples generosity. I Even traded silver with you directly, along with items through the mail to help offset the costs. How many others helped with that I am not aware of. After all I was there for the hide of drake or dragon. Yes, I did not give money on every single deed drop.  The other items that came from the old system was a nice bonus, and I made it a point to not sell any thing acquired as I was not about to turn a profit. Besides, skulls make for great decorations. It was just at this moment that when I did not support the new system I was accused of being supporting a group that saw you as the sole aggressor in removing them from the hunting party. At this point I didn't want to be involved in the two sides and the arguments. You have the one group in which I was friends with being ousted out. All of those people left the server except for one believing you were the sole person rallying the rest of server behind you.

Sorry dude, but no, I asked quasiwud to stop cutting the trees next to my deeds, not trader deeds, main alliance deeds used by our alliance members... his answer was : "no, you had oaks here, so i'm making it my limit". So what you are saying is a lie, fed to you by him or invented by yourself.

From what I am aware of, as I will iterate again, I was playing DayZ and on hatus from Wurm. MCM had asked quasi to not plant around his deed and from what I can see as evidence, quasi did not plant trees around his deed. As for you approaching quasi and telling him not to plant around your deed, this falls on the previous issuance of the hunting party thing. The party as the group approached you to fix it, which you did, but never mentioned that the rest of the group was those who wanted it resolved. So in this instance your alliance group, which are the majority of the those who are in the hunting party approached you again on their behalf. Once again, the two people having a war with each other are not going to listen to any kind of reason when it comes to the mention of the hated enemy.

I didn't had my alliance put tickets in, everyone who had concerns about the giant forest creeping toward their deeds did. The GMs allowed Quasiwud to plant up to 20 tiles of oaks around his deeds. He then abused that decision by planting more deeds and kept planting trees. Expanding the many deeds he had planted to lock me in. Alright, fair game, he managed to abuse the GMs faith in him and their ruling and by doing so drive 8 or so players off the game. Just check on the previous pictures and map dump the scale of that insanity.

We all know how expensive it is to put deeds up the size that they are in that area. The majority of the deeds though in that area belong to DM members in which who have rotated into other games but want their areas preserved have left quasi to make sure they don't fall. It was already an area that had no deeds in it as well. Even Halar who is a DM member who lives in the area of Quasi tells me that you thought he was just another quasi alt. And blasted him for just building in the area since he was on his deed. There are over 50 members of DM, and Quasi is just the only one who plays wurm full time. When this war was going down between the two of you a few members of DM logged in their characters to see what was going on.

As for the canal, No, it was not built as a retaliation, it was built on the same ground of those things you mentionned earlier : "If you live on deli, you are welcomed to just about all the parties that are thrown, from making canals for public use". It was built as far as possible from Quasiwud deed (which he then expanded to prevent the canal) and with as little impact on the environement. Same thing, you can see it from the map dump, we used concrete to raise the rock layer to prevent a massive gash in the land and keep the area exactly as it was.

So I heard over the TS that we use that you were up against the very edge of quasi's deed building a canal. Intentional or not, it does look like a provocative move to continue poking quasi with the guise of a public project with the middle finger to quasi that he can't do any thing about it by making it a heritage site. With you leading the project, the rest of the community thinks they are doing something good, when from what Quasi sees is you using the community to taunt him.

Now to speak of retaliation, Quasiwud expanded his deed to prevent the canal from being dredged... because he was apparently afraid we were going to landlock him (like really, who have been griefing who so far?!) then decided to create his own open air canal through the oak mess he created. you can see easily the start of that canal on the latest map dump... project that was stop by the GMs due to the lack of good reasons to do so, seeing we had finished the echo / nightmare canal already.

Quasi Surface mines, that is what he likes to do, and that is where a large portion of his money comes from in this game. With all of his surface mining jobs now completed he went after something else to do. I have heard tales of people removing whole mountains before. Quasi is one of those people if pointed at a mountain am sure he would remove it. Now, as to why he started that canal you mention, I don't know why either. Though seeing how skilled he is with surface mining the project may have come out looking nice had it not been stopped but this I can't affirm to, I can only speculate.

So, this is where you are starting to be directly involved and are making a fool out of yourself. The deed name "intransigent" (or a failure to write it properly) means that Quasiwud refused to compromise or to abandon an often extreme position or attitude (gotta love the merriam webster). So here, you are supporting not only the griefing action of Quasiwud in term of forest according to the whole deed it or loose it... where the only chessboard actions taken were to let the GMs sort this out as peacefully as possible... but you also accepted the fact a griefing deed meant to lock me in was made for you and you didn't question that at all or tried to have it removed.

This is where things get complicated for me. I had been gone this whole time during this war between you and quasi, I was playing DayZ after all. But I can't do the same game every day, day in and day out. Upon me entering the game, the first thing I wanted to see was this deed he said he had placed for me. I hadn't even been in game 20 minutes when I encountered you at the base of the hill. It takes 10 minutes to get off the mountain top by foot. I said Hi to you in local and immediately after was Pmed by you accusing me of being teamed with Quasi to lock you in. I am sure you still have that history if you want to post it. I hadn't even seen where it was located at. As you continued to grill me I told that yes, I had mentioned to quasi that I planned on putting a deed down in that area because houses were being built and abandoned along the current path I used to the get the mountain. Since it wasn't a proper highway yet I didn't want to loose access to getting up or down the mountain. This had nothing to do with locking you in. From what I was last aware your deed perimeter ended a whole 30 tiles further south then it did when I cam back to the game. As I told you in the Pms was that I hadn't scouted the area I was still in the planning phase, and those Pms will also show that I intended to contact you directly before placing the deed up. I don't have access to the computer that does have that history so I don't have the luxury of referencing them.

So where I get maneuvered into a corner and having to “take sides” is placed there by both you and quasi. Here I am trying to pull a Switzerland approach and just stay a neutral party to this whole fiasco between you two. I have a legitimate reason for why I wanted a deed in that area, though temporary as the plan was to be. You can go on down with your 90 archaeology and see the number of deeds that have rotated through there. You will find remains of areas people built houses at that still have the furniture but the houses are gone. The reason for me putting a deed there had nothing to do with your blood feud with quasi. The issue now is your are so aggressive in your PM's all I can envision is you just frothing at the mouth. Every thing I said to you, you aggressively asserted I did it to spite you. You were very insistent that I take the deed from quasi that day and then disband it because it was preventing you from expanding north. So here is my predicament. I can take the deed and drop it right then and there, granted I would have to find money to priem up an alt to do that, which at the time wasn't going to happen till the next pay day, two weeks later. And drop the deed, which now aloud you to expand north another 50 tiles which would cut off my ability to get up the mountain at. The option I was going with was to get the entrance figured out and then built as quickly as possible and then drop the deed. But you wouldn't negotiate, you just wanted the deed gone so you could expand. You told me to either drop it or I would regret my decision.

After this conversation I focused on trying to get the entrance finished. What I went with wasn't ideal but it would have been the fastest way to solve the issue. I decided to tunnel, at this point I started this and found that the area was riddle with abandoned caves which were causing drop shaft. I was going to have to wait till I could get my nahjo priest priemd in those two weeks. During the time a unique spawned. I didn't get the a forum pm with the normal info that is related to it. Up until that foaming at the mouth moment I had been receiving the group Pms. At this point I figured you used your position as the group leader to cut me off over a personal matter. When I Pmed the others I knew who were apart of the party I was straight up ignored. Finally one person said it had to do with me being gone. I took it at face value because I didn't want to think it was over something petty. When I addressed you in the most recent PM's though, that is when I realized it was indeed over a deed placed by some one else for me on your north boarder. A personal reason and not a group decision.

Knowing that I always have been helpfull towards you (imps, preming up toons for your sermons and so on) and you could have easilly used my own tunnel that is no less than 10 tiles from that deed border and going straight to your mountain.

As I had told you in the PM's in which you were all over my like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm, I hadn't scouted the under subterranean area. As for imps, I paid for each one, 4s for a platemail imp from 60 to 80ql. 18S for a Huge axe with 87nm 85coc 91lt 86MS. I went to you for any thing that needed to be cast on, imped or touched up as I was a loyal customer. As for premium up toons for a sermon party. That was a public sermon party hosted at your place. We had 18 priests in line at one point. All I managed was the line order for a month of that party. The second month I had college work to get done so I couldn't be in game but I left my 4 priemd characters online to support the others who were there for that, just as you had your characters there for the public event.

If by entrance you means a reinforce tunnel going through my perimeter ... hrm... who said something about canal griefing?! nvm... lets move along. As for the forum mailing list, it's a ###### pita which require to manually add all the players... and like you said, you were gone for a while.

If there would have been a tunnel entrance it would have been 20+ tiles away from the edge of the perimeter. How far past a perimeter does some one own? The size of your deed is already what I consider is a staggering size. Roughly 90x110, We all know the perimeter was designed to allow for highways to be made between two deeds touching each other, but the practice is an unacceptable one. The forums mailing list is what I wanted to believe, it is just when I stopped getting forum messages correlates with after the heated discussion of me regretting putting a deed there. So when I asked to get placed back on the list you shot back with the whole quasi thing. Which to me only proved it wasn't a clerical error.

Helllllloooooooooo... it's a hatchling, they drop hide. no scale. And if you want to link chats, here one of your own.

As my first PM to you said, I wasn't looking to get into that hunt. Theo isn't preiemd right now, Torb is and he isn't a fighter. As for the link chat, the guy asked about it local so I was telling him that there are multiple groups looking for it, so silence is key. And that the groups are small and very good at what they do. You took it as insult when I meant it at a compliment about the efficiency of the group. Though observational filters can be applied. You see me as a person who wants to grief you at every turn.

So, sorry, but no... we have around 26 people on our Discord channel (yes, we improved our technology), so it's not an elitist, exclusive group... but that kind of reaction or bad mouthing of a group you want to join again is already starting on the wrong foot.

Hard to keep up with the community when I was cut off, Excommunicated the same day you throttled me when I came down to see where this deed was. No one would talk to me after this point. I would PM and be met with silence. I might get a hi but that was it. No more chatting like I remember it before. From what I could guess was that you told your followers that I was here to cause problems so don't talk to me. And not talk to me is what they did. People say there are two sides to a story, all I got was quasis, when I inquired about the other side I was met with only silence. Regardless of the two sides, the one I would really like to know is the one the GM's have of the matter.

This remains a community minded group... more than ever, we had 4 more people join us and more will probably come in too. We don't ask to like each others, heck, some of our members can't see each others... but at least the backstabbing happens on chaos.

Something I cannot personally stand is taking hostile actions against others members or being supportive of said actions. The fact those actions were directed toward me rather than another member didn't changed a thing. Aligned yourself with someone who swore to destroy us by all possible means was obviously not going in your favor. Specially when you try to hide between half assed rules, switch the conversation direction or plainly stop talking and go on the forum to cry a river.

That being said, you are saving us the time to statute on your situation and wish you the best, no hard feelings involved.

I have aligned my self with no side, quasi is apart of a larger gaming community that I a member of. But he doesn't speak for any of us, he is his own independent entity here. The rules you keep saying that I supported and am hiding behind is my own opinion on the deed it or loose it answer. My first deed location is in a location that original was a cherry forrest. Due to another one of the locals, and a resident on the other side of the lake not liking weeds they cut down every cherry tree in the area, and replanted it with pine, a more useful tree since the lumber gathered was in large quantities. I didn't like it happening but it wasn't something serious, though I did inquire for rule clarification. CM told me that I needed to deed it or loose it. This was a descent sized forest too that was whiped out. My south deed a year later had the small number of oak trees cut down, about 30 of them and then the south area was replanted with maple trees because they were more useful for making syrup. I talked to a few players as it felt like griefing. GM told me to deed it or loose it. For those who have seen the video I have of the progression of the deed area, you can see it is mostly maples thinned out by years of natural growth creep.

Then there is an area south west of my mountain that is just shy of a 2x2 km area of replanted forest into groves of different kinds of trees, all off deed as well. Also we have the large desert down by PPM that I know is man made, the other two look that way but I can't be certain there. Then quasi goes and starts to replant the area with a more useful tree, oak. They are useful in that dangerous mobs do not spawn there. Useful in the fact you can see through the area and know ahead of time if you want to change your coarse. Because getting killed in Wurm has a hefty penalty should you die when you have high skills. Do I support that he wanted to turn the entire server into oak haven, no. Do I support the deed it or loose it answer that is given when ever an incident is isolated? Well when that is the only thing you are told from day one and that being 2011. With this Incident being in 2017 What has changed? Why did the deed it or loose answer now turn into restrictions? Is it because instead of one person complaining multiple people did? One person pointed out that since Jberg was quick to respond and take your side that it was you having a developer in your back pocket who could help you out. Thats the thing here, there are so many perceptions here.

Hello my good sir, there is no such rule and you have been dragged into it by Theonis first post. You could have been pinned on a name and shame thread since months, but you are not worth the effort of doing so. Also you reap what you sew, in your case mostly discord, discontentment and accorns, I hope you like the last ones, I heard they make fine pig food.

And here you are taunting him again.

This whole deed situation could have been resolved long ago, but your decision to come at my throat like a rabid badger put me into a position that I knew you didn't want a civilized conversation and instead sent my ass right back up the mountain with an estoppel over the deed placement.

Theonis you really do need to just let this all go.

What kind of person takes a personal opinion of someone and personal issue with them and posts it in public this way?

I don't think you are getting the desired affect you are trying to go for, all you are doing is showing your true personality and it is not a good one.

Move on.

Edited by VelvetSun
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Theonis said:

As can be seen by the conversation we had via PM, I asked first what needed to be done to be put back onto the list. The accusation retaliation in which you responded mentioned nothing of the sort. Instead it was perceived as a personal attack using your position as the leader of the hunting group to execute a personal vendetta.

As you can see the first line is about your loyalties, you basicly tried to hide and change the subjects and ... yay... we had one of those MR members supporters of Quasiwud on our last hunt... suspicious, yes, highly. And you didn't see the side of our discord chat... not like it will matter now anyway.

It was just at this moment that when I did not support the new system I was accused of being supporting a group that saw you as the sole aggressor in removing them from the hunting party. At this point I didn't want to be involved in the two sides and the arguments. You have the one group in which I was friends with being ousted out. All of those people left the server except for one believing you were the sole person rallying the rest of server behind you.

The exchange from your side of the group was bad, terribly bad and full of threats and insults. I might be the figure head but when everyone is pissed off about the behavior of some, something has to be changed... in those case, we have to try new things... yes the first one didn't worked well because of prices settings, now the system works smoothly. And if the server is rallying behind me, i'm probably doing something right.

MCM had asked quasi to not plant around his deed and from what I can see as evidence, quasi did not plant trees around his deed. As for you approaching quasi and telling him not to plant around your deed, this falls on the previous issuance of the hunting party thing.

McM was living on one my deeds, gallifrey, quasiwud put a deed right next to ethernal spring and cut my trees to plant his oaks. And from that moment when he refused to see reason, I let the GMs handle the case, I have a lengthy ongoing PM with Enki since last may... he might or might not want to butt in... but i doubt he will.

The party as the group approached you to fix it, which you did, but never mentioned that the rest of the group was those who wanted it resolved. So in this instance your alliance group, which are the majority of the those who are in the hunting party approached you again on their behalf. Once again, the two people having a war with each other are not going to listen to any kind of reason when it comes to the mention of the hated enemy.

Wrong. Alliance group is only a fraction of the hunt team. Wrong again, I let the GMs be the middle man and try to find a common ground to make everyone happy... Creating a special rule for quasiwud allowing him to have protected forest out of his deed.... making the whole rule of deed it or loose it useless.

We all know how expensive it is to put deeds up the size that they are in that area. The majority of the deeds though in that area belong to DM members in which who have rotated into other games but want their areas preserved have left quasi to make sure they don't fall.

And this is why Quasiwud call them his empire and keep saying he has 30g to do whatever he wants with the area. If your drunken mafia guys are fine with it... good for them... not for the rest of us.

It was already an area that had no deeds in it as well. Even Halar who is a DM member who lives in the area of Quasi tells me that you thought he was just another quasi alt. And blasted him for just building in the area since he was on his deed. There are over 50 members of DM, and Quasi is just the only one who plays wurm full time. When this war was going down between the two of you a few members of DM logged in their characters to see what was going on.

I often see Quasiwud logging in their toons for management purpose... you might be 50 but one is pulling the strings here.

So I heard over the TS that we use that you were up against the very edge of quasi's deed building a canal. Intentional or not, it does look like a provocative move to continue poking quasi with the guise of a public project with the middle finger to quasi that he can't do any thing about it by making it a heritage site. With you leading the project, the rest of the community thinks they are doing something good, when from what Quasi sees is you using the community to taunt him.

Agreed the timing was bad, but it was the only time where all the deeds in the way were gone. So yes, the canal had to be made at that time and we took lengthy ways to make sure it doesn't impact Quasi deed... which he then expanded. So not only we build it as far as we could from his deed in FREE lands but we also made it sure it wouldn't screw him in anyway... far from what he did to the rest of us... nor the insults and various accusations in local.

Now, as to why he started that canal you mention, I don't know why either. Though seeing how skilled he is with surface mining the project may have come out looking nice had it not been stopped but this I can't affirm to, I can only speculate.

400+ slope rift in the middle of the land is not exactly looking great... nor the argument of a scenic view to sail around. When you are deep in a hole, you see ######... and you just prevent normal circulation around.

I don't have access to the computer that does have that history so I don't have the luxury of referencing them.

You should probably since you are poorly referencing them.

So where I get maneuvered into a corner and having to “take sides” is placed there by both you and quasi. Here I am trying to pull a Switzerland approach and just stay a neutral party to this whole fiasco between you two. I have a legitimate reason for why I wanted a deed in that area, though temporary as the plan was to be.

If you want to stay neutral, being in the same group and supporting griefing actions is not going well for your neutrality. Deed is still standing, so much for temporary, specially seeing Quasiwud call it an orange grove and your new deed entrance, i doubt it will be gone any day.

The reason for me putting a deed there had nothing to do with your blood feud with quasi. The issue now is your are so aggressive in your PM's all I can envision is you just frothing at the mouth. Every thing I said to you, you aggressively asserted I did it to spite you.

Yes, your whole involvement in this might get me a bias toward you, hence why I was not going to be the only one to statute on your return in the team... which once again you have blown away.

You were very insistent that I take the deed from quasi that day and then disband it because it was preventing you from expanding north. So here is my predicament. I can take the deed and drop it right then and there, granted I would have to find money to priem up an alt to do that, which at the time wasn't going to happen till the next pay day, two weeks later. And drop the deed, which now aloud you to expand north another 50 tiles which would cut off my ability to get up the mountain at. The option I was going with was to get the entrance figured out and then built as quickly as possible and then drop the deed. But you wouldn't negotiate, you just wanted the deed gone so you could expand. You told me to either drop it or I would regret my decision.

The deed is just here to grief, if you wanted to be as neutral as you have said, you would have took over or asked quasiwud to disband it. As for midgard, the deed was actually resized down, i'm not going to spend 20s to expand it by only 20 tiles forward. IF i wanted to screw with you, the only thing i would have to do would be to deed your tunnel or exit and collapse it... which would be against the rule... but hey, deed it or loose it like you said.

When I addressed you in the most recent PM's though, that is when I realized it was indeed over a deed placed by some one else for me on your north boarder. A personal reason and not a group decision.

One of the group requirement is not to take personnal actions against another, you know bad blood is bad for business... and trust... and everything... Your refusal to see that and take matters in your own hands is what makes it a group thing.

If there would have been a tunnel entrance it would have been 20+ tiles away from the edge of the perimeter. How far past a perimeter does some one own? The size of your deed is already what I consider is a staggering size. Roughly 90x110, We all know the perimeter was designed to allow for highways to be made between two deeds touching each other, but the practice is an unacceptable one.

And that's exactly what you are blaming me for the echo / nightmare canal with quasiwud deed. So hrm... which side are you on again?

The forums mailing list is what I wanted to believe, it is just when I stopped getting forum messages correlates with after the heated discussion of me regretting putting a deed there. So when I asked to get placed back on the list you shot back with the whole quasi thing. Which to me only proved it wasn't a clerical error.

The forum is a ###### and we will be now moving to discord. Clerical error happened in the past, but i wanted you to clarify your position... which you didn't. And by the time you return was being mentionned in the team chat... your thread was already there.

As my first PM to you said, I wasn't looking to get into that hunt. Theo isn't preiemd right now, Torb is and he isn't a fighter. As for the link chat, the guy asked about it local so I was telling him that there are multiple groups looking for it, so silence is key. And that the groups are small and very good at what they do. You took it as insult when I meant it at a compliment about the efficiency of the group. Though observational filters can be applied. You see me as a person who wants to grief you at every turn.

That thread and your late behavior would tend to make you fit in that category.

Hard to keep up with the community when I was cut off, Excommunicated the same day you throttled me when I came down to see where this deed was. No one would talk to me after this point. I would PM and be met with silence. I might get a hi but that was it. No more chatting like I remember it before. From what I could guess was that you told your followers that I was here to cause problems so don't talk to me. And not talk to me is what they did. People say there are two sides to a story, all I got was quasis, when I inquired about the other side I was met with only silence. Regardless of the two sides, the one I would really like to know is the one the GM's have of the matter.

The fact people learnt you were indeed in Quasiwud gaming clan has more to do than me telling them to ignore you.... I might be Odynn but i can't mind control people.

One post by Jberg was removed... probably because it was actually the GM side, showing the scale of destruction created by Quasiwud and the impact on the map... but apparently the fact i have :

a developer in your back pocket who could help you out.

is not enough to get the real truth out. So you can always ask Enki what he think of that goddamn mess.

I have aligned my self with no side, quasi is apart of a larger gaming community that I a member of. But he doesn't speak for any of us, he is his own independent entity here. The rules you keep saying that I supported and am hiding behind is my own opinion on the deed it or loose it answer.

Except the oaks are now protected by a rule created specially for Quasiwud and when 200 or so of them got cut by Shadowronin, he went in aggro mode against McM who had nothing to do with it. Requiring of him to replant them or he would put another deed in the area. Once again... check where your loyalties lies.

Then there is an area south west of my mountain that is just shy of a 2x2 km area of replanted forest into groves of different kinds of trees, all off deed as well. Also we have the large desert down by PPM that I know is man made, the other two look that way but I can't be certain there.

Arka grove is Arkas... nothing prevent to cut it down and replace it with others trees, it's not protected by the GMs in any way or form. The PPM desert pissed off some of the locals as well back then, some also left because of it, but the size of it as nothing to do with the oak mess.

Then quasi goes and starts to replant the area with a more useful tree, oak. They are useful in that dangerous mobs do not spawn there. Useful in the fact you can see through the area and know ahead of time if you want to change your coarse. Because getting killed in Wurm has a hefty penalty should you die when you have high skills. Do I support that he wanted to turn the entire server into oak haven, no. Do I support the deed it or loose it answer that is given when ever an incident is isolated? Well when that is the only thing you are told from day one and that being 2011. With this Incident being in 2017 What has changed? Why did the deed it or loose answer now turn into restrictions? Is it because instead of one person complaining multiple people did?

Oak is not usefull, it's slow to grow, it turn most of the area into grass land and screw the spawns. So maybe weak account like yours are happy to see a lack of mobs (you still have trolls, enjoy) the rest of us have lost our nearby hunting ground, which is one of our main concern. The GM set a precedent on that case... basicly allowing anyone who want to be a jerk to change permanently the face of a server... but as some people in your alliance mentionned it to you, because you can do it, doesn't means you have to do it. USE COMMON SENSE!

This whole deed situation could have been resolved long ago, but your decision to come at my throat like a rabid badger put me into a position that I knew you didn't want a civilized conversation and instead sent my ass right back up the mountain with an estoppel over the deed placement.

If you had resolved that deed situation instead of fearing that i would screw you on purpose if you didn't, we wouldn't be there. You have shown your true colors, now deal with it.

Who even makes "hunting groups" Lmao like what the hell? Kick everyone out of the "group" I could care less. More fight skill for me?

6 hours ago, Cecci said:

About the area covered by oaks, on the latest mapdump anyone can see the magnitude of it.

It's the light green area just above center of the New Years map dump

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6J_aGQ6URL8S2ZXRjlsdDV2SWM

The peat just north of the light green is one of my deeds.

https://imgur.com/a/UJrR0

for even easier visualization!

Your picture is older or? On my link the light green area seems bigger somehow.

Edit: never mind, you have before and after pics :)

Edited by Cecci