Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Vote for Sandbox of the Year

I voted ! and not for him either  :P edit and by him speaking about a certain certain someone that will not be named  but he does have little hands.

Edited by Sunnyside

Interesting that Ryzom shows up there, but I guess they recently got added to the Steam "free to play" gameslist so maybe they are attracting some renewed interest. . 

Ryzom has been around since 2004 or so and has a lot of interesting unique features,especially in crafting. Some of the innovations they had, were animals that migrated across the server according to season, predator packs that stalked these migrations,and ecological disasters that occurred  if people harvested resources over aggressively.  Crafters could come up with unique combinations of resources that  that had special properties,and their recipes were closely guarded secrets.  If I recall,the world was actually a giant tree (a favorite theme in mythology), and you "extracted"resources from a root system.Or something something like that..

I voted for  Wurm :D 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

5 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Interesting that Ryzom shows up there, but I guess they recently got added to the Steam "free to play" gameslist so maybe they are attracting some renewed interest. . 

Ryzom has been around since 2004 or so and has a lot of interesting unique features,especially in crafting. Some of the innovations they had, were animals that migrated across the server according to season, predator packs that stalked these migrations,and ecological disasters that occurred  if people harvested resources over aggressively.  Crafters could come up with unique combinations of resources that  that had special properties,and their recipes were closely guarded secrets.  If I recall,the world was actually a giant tree (a favorite theme in mythology), and you "extracted"resources from a root system.Or something something like that..

I voted for  Wurm :D 

I played Ryzom a little bit, but not enough to get to see those large-scale migrations, I saw medium-scale ones. I always got killed while exploring around - I still plan to get in and skill up enough just to see more!

The gathering of resources was however a downside to me, as all resources were gathered from the same generic "extraction nodes", on which you applied your personal extractor. Much like Star Wars Galaxies I believe (or Entropia if anyone knows that). I prefer the naturalistic gathering system of Wurm, where you dig a mine if you want metal or rocks, cut down trees if you need wood, go the coast if you need clay, find the correct bushes for berries etc. 

Edited by Cista
  • Like 1

I voted.  Who take the man with the little hands? Big mouth and all?

• Like 1

I figured haven would be higher than mortal online tbh

Todays the 15th, Look at the votes. H&H is the clear winner. I remember H&H had a very fun thieving/detective mechanic, The farming system with its crop rotation and fertilizer :) I stopped playing this game only because of it's low pop & i wanted 3D.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gorgian said:

Todays the 15th, Look at the votes. H&H is the clear winner. I remember H&H had a very fun thieving/detective mechanic, The farming system with its crop rotation and fertilizer :) I stopped playing this game only because of it's low pop & i wanted 3D.

H&H "era continue" in http://www.salemthegame.com

6 hours ago, monsterix said:

H&H "era continue" in http://www.salemthegame.com

Yep i played that too, but its wasn't as good as H&H. a lot of players from H&H tried it but were disappointed. remember the Russians are coming the Russians are coming, and wiped out so many people & their places lol.