Sign in to follow this  
Shmeric

[Fixed] Crate content decay when moving from deed to off-deed

Hi.

Sorry, but I feel like ranting! Somewhat constructively.

*gesticulates heatedly and puffs hot steam out of nostrils*

We (a group of three wagons) just lost 3 x 12 x 15 dirt/sand when we loaded our wagons on deed and then went to work on a highway, off deed. (large crates from crate racks straight into wagons)

This is not right! I don't know the exact moment when the decay tick hit us, but the journey was about 5 minutes and during that time we lost almost two crates of supplies.

And it's not the first time. Dirt, sand, mortar, bricks, everything can and has gone POOF!

Same thing for ships. Who thinks it's fun to lose several crates of mortar as soon as they leave the safety of the deed? Nobody does!

Think about traders, think about those hardworking highway builders. Resource equals more than just money; it's life, it's time, it's... mental health!

Please address this issue, I am sure it's not unknown and has been reported before.

Bj2NiOr.png

Thank you!

/Shmeric

• Like 4

I have had this happen several times to me. I have worked on projects in my perimeter, and open the crates... 270 dirt. I lost an entire crate of dirt from the 12 crates in my wagon. This happened twice. I have heard of it happening with wagoneers as well. 

• Like 1

really i would hope the 30 day decay timer should be reset when on deed and only start again as it leaves.

i do feel it's an unfair expense to have to take 5-10% more goods than required 'just incase' it happens before you make the trade.

but at least it doesn't get a tick on deed, which it used to do for many many years. so something is better than nothing i suppose.

• Like 1

This issue has been opened up for the devs.  Please report details only in this thread.

• Like 1

Ok

Dragged 12 large crates of dirt (300 dirt - 6k volume in each one) from crate rack to the wagon.

When arrived at second deed noticed that gor 225 dirt in each of 10 crates and 240 dirt in each of 2 crates.

Went back to first deed, dragged another 12 crates into wagon.

Just maybe 10-20 tiles after I left deed got the same situation.

This time 225 in 8 of 12 crates, 240 in 4.

Little angry, couse I need to transport 60 crates from one deed to another and I believe houndreds of crates of other materials in the future.

NOTICE:

Were transporting massive amounts of crates with dirt from another deed to current and this bug doesn't occured.

So maybe it depends on from wich deed it goes?

So basically:

- transporting dirt from Unitatoville deed to Strongwall deed - bug happened

- transporting dirt from Wolfheart to Strongwall - no bug

Edited by Wilczan

Any chance for fix? Now, there is really high chance of losing almost 25% of the transported materials.

Adding in my experience the other day:

Took 4 crates of wemp from a crate rack in my deed and transported to a friend's deed via wagon about half way across the map, get there and every crate is missing about 45 wemp. each of those crates though had been sitting for over a year in the warehosue so it feels like all the monthly loss came off at once. will test with something else later if necessary to try theory of moving product out of crate either in and out of a bsb or transfering to a replacement crate to see if this resets monthly loss timer calculations so the game believes it to be a fresh crate leaving deed vs an old one

till this is fixed I would advise transferring everything to fresh crates

Is this related to the content in small magical chests taking damage if the chest is not locked?  This is obviously also a bug, no content in a smc should take damage regardless of whether it is locked or not.

I can confirm that taking empty crates, then reloading materials to them from the old crates, works fine. No sudden decay observed after leaving deed.

• Like 1

More updates this issue. Dirt today for me.

I posted my own thread, but am moving my posts to this thread now that bangzuvelis gave me this link.

My thread:

As a test, this last load of crates, I dragged the crates from the crate rack to my cart, like normal.

NCKSJNM.jpg

Then, while still on deed, I unloaded the crates, then reloaded the crates to my cart from the ground. Counted 900 total dirts, ok.

Took the crates to the job site off deed to deed perimeter, and commenced leveling.

Just over 12 minutes later it happened.. BAM.. lost materials out of large crates inside my large cart off deed while working.

kuX4Q4b.jpg

At least 120 lost dirts in the top two crates on that screenie. The top 2 crates had 300 in them, then didn't. Lost dirts. You guys are stealing content from our efforts! OMG!! Please fix this.

Thanks your time :-)

TeeeBOMB

Today's patch notes:

• Bugfix:  Fix for bulk bins taking the 5% tax tick immediately when moving them from deed to off deed.

This happened to me too. I was buying dirt in bulk from someone on a different server.  Crates were full when I left, but when I arrived on my home server, they were all missing dirt - crates had between 225 and 240 in them instead of 300.  I never said anything to the guy I bought it from cuz I couldn't prove what happened.  Now I see here its happened to others too. Glad they fixed it though.