Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Additional Dedicated Server - version issue

I have two different LAN servers, both creative, however now I've forgotten how to create a new one. I tried just creating one using the untouched Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server copy in my files, but when I tried to open the new server I got a "version mismatch" error between client and server. I see that the new LAN server is a 1.4 version of WU, even though I clicked the button to update the version.  

I don't remember how I accomplished this when I created the 2nd server.  What's the trick to making a new one with the correct version?  Also, I don't know why my current LAN servers updated to the correct version while my new one won't.  

Perhaps I just need to re-download from Steam each time I want to make a new LAN server?

Edited by Batta

2 hours ago, bigsteve said:

Copy the dedicated server folder from steam directory.

Do you mean the one that is located at Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server?  If so, that is the one I've already tried.

56 minutes ago, bigsteve said:

Validate the install, it may need updating

Thanks for your help bigssteve.  Would you please remind me how to validate my install?  Also, do I need to do anything with the 2 LAN servers that are still working fine and have the latest version?

Edited by Batta

in the steam Library window, right click on the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server, click on properties, Local File Tab, Verify Integrity of tool files.

2 hours ago, bigsteve said:

in the steam Library window, right click on the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server, click on properties, Local File Tab, Verify Integrity of tool files.

"926 files failed to validate and will be reacquired."  Wow!  Thank you for this tip, bigsteve!