Sign in to follow this  
BrokenSanity

Remove Valrei Creatures When Mission Ends

Currently when a Valrei mission expires or is completed, any Valrei creatures that spawned due to the mission are left behind roaming the server.

This leads to large amounts of drake spirits, eagle spirits and even the dreaded "avenger of the light" wandering around the server, often clumping up near server borders. This server border hugging is especially bad when combined with the instability issues people often experience when interacting with the border themselves; with people crashing, dropping out of boats and just generally getting stuck. This is annoying enough without being hounded by 20+ eagle spirits whilst it's happening. 

The biggest issue however, is it makes for a very poor experience for new players. It's one thing avoiding bears and wolves in the forest as a newer player, but it is a game breaking experience running into a near unkillable, faster than a horse, kill you in 2 hits, Avenger. This sort of creature would be fine if it was a rarity, as with uniques, but they are in fact extremely common.

Upon the mission ending, I would suggest:

Making all Valrei spawned creatures automatically despawn

or

Increasing their aging by a large multiple. 

14N3LqD.png

https://gyazo.com/6be7137e1bcb61b9689d466b7bcb5c3c

• Like 5

I suggest that the Avenger of the Light ( and I assume the other servers have Avenger of the Dark) avatars should despawn after the mission that created them is closed.

On epic we just went through a long process to reduce the number of Drakespirits and Eaglespirits on the server.  Now there are new monsters that are as fast as the spirits, are not stopped by deep water, and have a very large aggro range.  Unlike the spirits they can't go through walls, but I suspect they can bash walls down.  Like Nogumps, they are reasonably easy to remove by someone with good archery skills and a guard tower to engage them.  However, there is no reason to hunt them once the mission is over, as they don't drop anything of value ( that I've heard about), not even a Val Item for saccing like all of the other mission monsters.  So over time these monsters will grow in numbers and create the same problem as we had before, just a different monster.

New players have no chance against them, they can't swim away from them, they hold aggro for a very long time and a new player isn't going to be able to out run them even if they can ride a wild horse.  I see no purpose for them once the mission is closed other than to harass players.  I mean, do you really not want new players on Epic?.  So Please DeSpawn Them at mission close.

• Like 3

+1 for the faster ageing.  I know that they can really take over the beginner areas, as that's where new Players tend to run to when they encounter the beasts.  But I think it's nice to have some around after the mission ends, because they're good practice for those of us who find Trolls too easy, but don't have the strength yet to handle a unique.  Increasing their ageing and death might create a better balance between the two.

Those drakes are many years old from pre change I pass them all the time they just never die on their own and there's no point wasting time to kill them. It was strongly suggested pre change that they should have a much shorter life span but it seems that never got implemented. The avengers however should have never been added to the new system along with many other peculiar changes.

• Like 2