Sign in to follow this  
Pingpong

New type of saddle bags and a feed bag idea

So after looking at what does and doesn't fit in saddle bags, it occurred to me we need 2 more kinds of saddle bags. A gear (insert cooler name) saddle bag allows for armor/weapons that currently don't fit but holds no other kinds of stuff. A tool saddle bag is extra large and bulky for those rakes and shovels and picks n such. It will give us options for what we want to carry on our horses using that lovely reduced weight perk. Choices are always nice ingame!

Suggestion #2- Allow dredges to be slotted into saddle bag slot and used as feedbags. Dredges hold grass/food now and can be used to feed a horse. They'd be able to feed a horse automatically. Feed bag+ woa should obviously give speed boost!

• Like 4

Can definitely support these! That last one could take a bit getting used to, though. Dredge-faced horses might be weird - even for wurm.

+1 for new bags. The dredge trough is a little strange though..

may want to remove the blades from the dredge, I think most know how "Saw" worked out.

• Like 1

Logically a satchel or even a bucket would work much better, however I ascribe to wogic and since I can use a dredge on my toolbelt to feed my horse, I'm firmly convinced a dredge is the right tool for the job to be transformed into feed bags ;)

• Like 1

I waited and prayed and prayed and waited for saddle bags so long and they are really here..i dare not stare the karma goddess in the face and ask for me..cept well spongle said it..and his his idea has merit.

Please, no automatic feeding. Will

wurmians even know what happens when the horse is hungry, or will they just forget why they'd be told to just fill that with grass and forget it? Dunno, it's ok to be reminded of this mechanic every now and then.

+1 to special purpose saddle bags. I assume they'd still be one per horse, not more in the same time?

Though, nothing stops us from collecting all stuff that fits in saddle and put it on 5 horses, one to ride, four to drag with us. I haven't tested this, do the horses you lead (or have hitched) also get no decay on items in saddle bags?

Edited by Anarres

bridle can hold items> feed bag. made with cloth. can hold grain/grass. less weight than a dredge

as for the super sized item bag.. more like a belt with hoops and hooks to attach things to? would make more sense to me than a huge bag with rakes and shovels poking out the sides