Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

End of 2017 Map dumps

By all means do Freedom ones, but please don't do the PvP maps until at least full year has passed. It exposes people's new fortifications, some of which are not known to enemy kingdoms. If those fortifications are incomplete it exposes them to attack. I prefer the mystery of outdated map dumps and it should be down to individual kingdoms to work out where their enemies are, rather than getting free intel every 6 months.

Edited by Ols

10 hours ago, Ols said:

By all means do Freedom ones, but please don't do the PvP maps until at least full year has passed. It exposes people's new fortifications, some of which are not known to enemy kingdoms. If those fortifications are incomplete it exposes them to attack. I prefer the mystery of outdated map dumps and it should be down to individual kingdoms to work out where their enemies are, rather than getting free intel every 6 months.

This isn't really true nor an actual thing people care about really; if you are one of the people playing on the server. Just an old mindset from 3 or so years ago, people find new deeds within the week when they're made.

10 hours ago, Ols said:

Hey Ols, I remember you from way back.

Times have changed majorly, nothing is a secret anymore.

A lot of people have done major projects on Xanadu.  The highway network addition worked to bring the community together but what is the point of a highway network without a map. 

• Like 4

Is there any possibility of getting bridges added to the dumps (much like a lot of the WU ones have)? :)

On 7/17/2018 at 11:55 AM, rapidron said:

A lot of people have done major projects on Xanadu.  The highway network addition worked to bring the community together but what is the point of a highway network without a map. 

Amen! Exploring Xanadu is really fun, but not knowing where the roads are (as I must know where I am at all times), is killing the enjoyment.
Yes I get the whole "exploration is about finding things not on maps".. not getting lost is a higher priority, especially when everything looks the same and you have no reference points.

Honestly, I would love to see quarterly map dumps (a map dump on Q2 or Q3 for example).

Edited by Benie
  • Like 2

On 9/3/2017 at 3:28 PM, Retrograde said:

It's not our plans to do them monthly, but we have discussed quarterly vs bi-annually

On 7/12/2018 at 10:03 AM, Retrograde said:

It's been just over six months, will inquire! 

@Retrograde

How's the enquiry coming along? :)

28 minutes ago, Shmeric said:

@Retrograde

How's the enquiry coming along? :)

I’ll check on it tonight, thanks for the bump!

16 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

lol

It is funny how time flies, isn’t it? 

On 7/12/2018 at 9:35 AM, Cecci said:

Just do it already!

On 11/27/2018 at 9:01 PM, Joelle said:

I’ll check on it tonight, thanks for the bump!

... aaaand did you? :)

I am not going to let the year end without bumping this again!

Maps!

Rabble rabble rabble!