Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

End of 2017 Map dumps

dumps.png

Hi Everyone!

As mentioned earlier, the end of 2017 map dumps are now available.

As usual, these dumps will contain the standard isometric view, the topographical, and flat terrain maps .

These dumps also now include a new image, a map of the existing highway routes. This only shows connected and linked highways, and will help people identify which networks they can connect.

Check out the files to view online or download here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6J_aGQ6URL8UURFN2VadWxtSWs

Regards,

The Wurm team

• Like 27

Awesome! Happy New Year :)

Edited by syncaidius

sad to see indy so undeveloped, only a few of us actually placed any roads at all - would be nice if more people helped link deeds. :(

• Like 1

Thank you Dev's and Rolf.

BTW- The August 2017 Topography dump does not want to load for some reason on G-Drives.  Still can not down load it.

Looks like we only missed a few CE Hwy's when we released the Albia Cats Eyes Hwy Map of Indy on Christmas day.

I will add those few that we have not yet discovered to next weeks update of the Albia Cats Eyes Highway Map of Indy.

To view or download the Latest Version of the Albia Cats Eyes Highway Map of Indy please go to...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VXUlm1dnPAy4mcp7-thzVoPcrJaN4Rv8

Kindest regards!

Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

Co-Adminsitrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Niki said:

sad to see indy so undeveloped, only a few of us actually placed any roads at all - would be nice if more people helped link deeds. :(

The problem Niki is turning out to be deeds with long time AFK mayors.

I am aware of several places where CE Hwy making teams have been trying a few months to get a hold of deed owner to have them turn on "Allow Highways"

Examples: On Great South Mtn Road at CE Highway making team has finally given up trying to contact a AFK mayor and they are going to make a bypass around that deed to continue the CE (Cats Eye) Hwy southward.

Another Example:  On the West Coast Hwy, after several months of trying to contact a non responsive AFK owner (he lives on another isle and only visits his Indy deeds for 15 minutes once a month), folks have given up and made a by pass around that deed to link the Western Network to the FM network.

Other places face "geography" challenges, namely highway cut into mountain sides at 20 slope, which contain Rock as part of the Highway.

For Cats Eyes to work, they need pavement (stone, gravel, wood plank floorboards that have had tar applied for longevity, slabs) to work.  As one chap told me, impossible to pave that 20 slope Rock checkerboarded section of highway near his place without significant digging and then surface mining and restoring.

Food for thought!

Cheers!

Hughmongus

• Like 2

A foot note to the above.

I am aware of a few places, where the deed owners have expressed the sentiment that they do not want CE's on the highways near their deeds.

Some of those deeds are  "Off Map", namely folks and Hermits who wish to remain anonymous.  As a cartographer, I am bound to respect the wishes of those who choose to remain "Off Map" and not reveal who or where they are.

So I am also respecting those who have expressed their wishes for NO CE's on highways around those places and notifying CE Hwy making teams (those I am aware of) that "so and so" does not want them near her or his deed.  I am leaving it to those teams to make their own final decision on how they wish to proceed.

My thanks again to the Dev's and Rolf for the end of year Dump Maps.  They look great.

Cheers!
Hughmongus

ty.

Can we get the protected roads like every 2 weeks ? dont need the entire package just the roadmap.

• Like 1

Yay!

My road made it to the map :)

*makes a happy dance*

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 2

I love the maps, but I do have one question. Is there a way to zoom in? My deed is rather small, and I can kind of see it, but I'd like a better look at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HughMongus said:

Examples: On Great South Mtn Road at CE Highway making team has finally given up trying to contact a AFK mayor and they are going to make a bypass around that deed to continue the CE (Cats Eye) Hwy southward.

Change "going to make" to "have made".  I finally gave up waiting for the opportunity to connect my deed and just went ahead and did it.  To illustrate the issues, about 3000 dirts were dug, mostly on slopes that required climbing, and about 7,500 rock shards were surface mined, again, much of it on slopes of over 200.  Call the bypass "Gold's Folly"--seems appropriate. 

Glad it made it into the map dump.  Also the connection under DF was just completed a day or two ago as well and it made it in.  I know work continues in the south so I expect that area to look a little greener in the near future.

Thanks Devs!

• Like 1

Thanks, very nice of you!

Could you also add few more random islands outside main land as part of some event? :D 

LOL I put the catseyes in last night and they are on the map today.  This may be the freshest map yet. 

Thanks so much

• Like 1

The road map addition is awesome!  TY :D 

And a very Happy new year to the entire wurm team!

Keep up the good work :wub:

Could someone post a direct link to the map dump file for Independance in the Independance section of the forum?

Or send the link to me through a PM.  Google Drive and I don't get along and I'm unable to view any of the map dumps through Google Drive.

Thanks!

On 1/1/2018 at 7:55 AM, Daash said:

ty.

Can we get the protected roads like every 2 weeks ? dont need the entire package just the roadmap.

Gud'day Daash,  Thurs Jan 4th, 2018 @ 16:35 GMT

Per my earlier post...

To view or download the Latest Version of the Albia Cats Eyes Highway Map of Indy please go to...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VXUlm1dnPAy4mcp7-thzVoPcrJaN4Rv8

We did issue an update on Dec 31st and the next update will incorporate all CE Hwys from the map dump, which is basically areas we have not had a chance to survey recently.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Kindest regards!

Hughmongus

Cartographers of Indy

Co-Adminsitrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

On 1/1/2018 at 2:45 PM, rapidron said:

LOL I put the catseyes in last night and they are on the map today.  This may be the freshest map yet. 

Thanks so much

That sounds fantastic rapidron.

Can you please post an image of  a map showing where you made the CE Hwy (Cats Eyes Hwy) to the Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy topic, so we can add your work for our next update?

Here is the link....

Unlike the dump maps which are released at random intervals, (which are wonderful aerial birds eyes view of the isles of Wurm btw), the Albia maps of Indy are updated every two weeks.

tKindest regards!

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Co-Creator/Administrator - The Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

Just wondering when we can get another round of maps. These are getting a bit dated especially around the Summerholt area where a LOT of changes have been made to the landscape, i.e. the lake just north of SH. Appreciate your anticipated prompt response :)

It's been just over six months, will inquire! 

• Like 2