Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Plumbing

Lead Pipe: Lead sheet + Lead sheet. Improves like blacksmithing items.

Water Source: Any container that is placed on a spring tile that fills up. Fountains and wells.

Water Receiver: large containers not on a spring tile. Fountains, wells, large tubs, huge oil barrels, possibly others.

Creating Sources and Receivers:

Use a lead pipe on a well or fountain on a spring tile to turn it into a water source. Once done it cannot be moved, but it can be rotated.

Use a lead pip on a fountain, well, large tub or huge oil barrel to turn it into a water receiver. Once done it cannot be moved, but it can be rotated.

Connecting Sources and Receivers.

Use a lead pipe on a water receiver to get a list of all water sources in range you have permissions for along with the amount of lead pipes needed to connect them.

Once connected keep adding pipe until the connection is completed.

Each water receiver can be connected to a single source, but each source can be connected to many receivers.

Distributing water

When examined the water source will list all the water receivers connected to it in the order they were connected.

The water source simply goes down this list in order at a set rate, maybe one attempt per minute, and attempts to push 1 liter (or fraction available) of water into the receiver. If the receiver is full this fails, same as if a player had tried to add more liquid to an already full container.

Amount of lead pipe needed simple equal to X+Y distance from source to receiver in tiles. All pipe is lost when the connection is broken.

Permissions would be tied to plant/secure. Connections and status as a source or receiver broken using a crowbar.

• Like 6

I think there was a similiar suggestion not too long ago to plant said pipes into the ground to make those tiles "proxy-sources". Tying it to the tiles instead of the containers seemed a tad more elegant to me, but I'm fine with whatever the devs deem more fitting, so +1 for either way.

+1 Seems doable and creates a new use for a little-used metal.

+1.

I'd love to see aquaducts too, but I supposed that would require flowing water mechanics. (Then we could have watermills, though! Automated grinding, literally! :P )

• Like 2

+1. but make it copper pipes not sure i'd want lead poisoning XD

+1.  Was talking to someone in game about something like this - basically a water tower/rain barrel  that you can fill and run pipes from to various containers in a house.  Have it be gravity fed, so that you would have to put it up on the top floor or the roof.

• Like 1