Sign in to follow this  
Hula_Girl

Constructing player traps

Today while exploring a seemingly abandoned stone building I had a most unfortunate experience, as there was no floor behind unlocked porticullis on top floor, and the horse just leaped down into doorless yard. The walls were protected from bashing, and all opening were too high to be reached - no way to walk out.

Is this ok to build such traps?

Edited by Hula_Girl

They normally come about by accident.  As the floor decays and the bridge leading to it is still intact. 

• Like 2

I've seen it happen as well, unfortunate accident I'm afraid.  If it's a freedom server, I'm sure a /support call would get you out.

I seen something very similar to this a week ago. I almost fell in it lol

None build with how it will decay in mind, could turn around the question, is it ok to try get into other people's houses? :P

I have an abandoned building nearby with this same situation ... due to some personal conflicts, players left and let the deed go down, leaving an unfinished place w a ramp up to 2nd floor but no floors inside ... u cant see whats inside because of the door so unless you're v cautious u will fall to the (locked and intact) ground floor.

Getting out is easy, simply log out, permissions will cause u to respawn outside the building BUT, your horse, cart, wagon etc remain inside.

Several peoples animals remain trapped at this time, and will be for quite a while as the building is decaying slowly.

3 hours ago, Sandyar said:

None build with how it will decay in mind, could turn around the question, is it ok to try get into other people's houses? :P

Buildings in Wurm are not only houses. There are temples, inns, public shelters, workshops, watchtowers, bridge entrances, and so on... - it's actually the door lock / door permission which says what is fine to enter.

Edited by Hula_Girl
  • Like 1

Spiral stairs are a common trap, if those are turned in wrong direction - you can go down from stairs, but cannot go back up.

Edited by Wilczan

I once got trap in a person's deed because of a mine door. I dont know if it changed, but perms to not apply to exiting the mine, only entering. I ended up walking into somebody's deed through the mine and turned around to realize I could not go back in the mine... and the whole area was fenced in so people can not enter from outside... ironic.

2 hours ago, Yiraia said:

I once got trap in a person's deed because of a mine door. I dont know if it changed, but perms to not apply to exiting the mine, only entering. I ended up walking into somebody's deed through the mine and turned around to realize I could not go back in the mine... and the whole area was fenced in so people can not enter from outside... ironic.

It still works like that, mine doors are transparent when exiting.

Also another classic "noob trap" with mines is having a gate or a building on the exit tile but no fences around the hose, so people can fall in but not get out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bdew said:

"noob trap"

:( that hurt... *likes comment*

Edited by Yiraia