Sign in to follow this  
Daryan_AT

Bridge bug with ground level [Not a bug]

Ok i am not 100% sure if this is the right place for this "maybe-bug" to show, but it looks like a server sided problem.

I made a rectangle house, and want to fit in a bridge on ground level just where other bridges on upper levels are working as intended.

The ground level needs 33 instead 30, i know.

But with a flooring it can be elevated by 3 - the survey shows that the difference between dioptra and rangepole is indeed 30, not 33 if i would stand on the ground, not the flooring.

But the planning still did not work, i got an error holding the dioptra.

To understand, i made you a picture to show the differences of bridge planning and what i would like to have for the ground level.

iIuMcB.jpg

The one bridge in front is the one i would like to build, as the house layout can be the same for ground level and upper levels then ;-)

You see the elevated flooring in the little 1x1 house in front, on which you stand.

In the middle you see the common 4 tile long bridge, which works, but messes up the layout of the house, cause it is the only bridge that need 4 tiles instead 3 tiles like the upper level bridges.

In the background you see a bridge that would not work, cause it would be too steep (21 slope)  - obviously it is NOT attached to a flooring and therefore, correctly not elevated by those 3 "dirt" but directly on ground, which causes the error.

WHat i would like to have is, that the bridge like shown in front in the picture, can simply attach to a flooring on ground level, same as it does on the upper levels.

The elevated flooring exists and you can stand on it, and the dioptra says the difference is indeed 60, not 63 anymore. But the bridge still can't be planned, cause of "something" - maybe cause it can't attach to the floor hight, or to the players diptra height on the flooring, or it is not possible for other game related problems it could cause?

What you are missing is the bridge is not on the floor, it is on the outside tile, and thus does not have the 3 dirt bonus of the floor. 

this isnt a bug, and isn't something that your example would cover, the bridge is a structure that is external to the house, simply placed against it. 

Unless your bug report is simply that the dioptra is including the height bonus of the floor when it shouldnt? 

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

What you are missing is the bridge is not on the floor, it is on the outside tile, and thus does not have the 3 dirt bonus of the floor. 

this isnt a bug, and isn't something that your example would cover, the bridge is a structure that is external to the house, simply placed against it. 

Unless your bug report is simply that the dioptra is including the height bonus of the floor when it shouldnt? 

If he later blows up the 1x1 house will the bridge also depart with it? If so then logically the bridge is part of the house, if not then your point is made.

if it's on the first floor it won't, it just considers itself a structure next to a building. 

Also, I just built a house on test to do this all with, and noticed the floor wasnt being included in the calculations 

[11:39:23] You appear to be 27 dirt lower than rangepole.

Could you please find an example where that message is incorrect?