Sign in to follow this  
Daryan_AT

Bridge building - how the ground floor should work

Ok, i was disapointed by the bridge planning lately. I made a rectangle house, and want to fit in a bridge on ground level just where other bridges on upper levels are working as intended.

The ground level needs 33 instead 30, i know. But with a flooring it can be elevated by 3 - the survey shows that the difference between dioptra and rangepole is indeed 30, not 33 if i would stand on the ground, not the flooring.

But the planning still did not work, i got an error holding the dioptra.

To understand, i made you a picture to show the differences of bridge planning and what i would like to have for the ground level.

iIuMcB.jpg

The one bridge in front is the one i would like to build, as the house layout can be the same for ground level and upper levels then ;-)

YOu see the elevated flooring in the little 1x1 house in front, on which you stand.

In the middle you see the common 4 tile long bridge, which works, but messes up the layout of the house, cause it is the only bridge that need 4 tiles instead 3 tiles like the upper level bridges.

In the background you see a bridge that would not work, cause it would be too steep (21 slope)  - obviously it is NOT attached to a flooring and therefore, correctly not elevated by those 3 "dirt" but directly on ground, which causes the error.

WHat i would like to have is, that the bridge like shown in front in the picture, can simply attach to a flooring on ground level, same as it does on the upper levels.

• Like 2

i guess it would have to be an optional thing,so people who like the current way it works would keep doing it that way. but sounds good.

3 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

i guess it would have to be an optional thing,so people who like the current way it works would keep doing it that way. but sounds good.

Yes, if you do not make a house tile in front and no flooring, there is no flooring that the bridge could attach to, therefore you can still make a 4 tile long bridge, it looks to me as very optional.

Thank you. The bridges still have a lot of potential, but i guess, some things are technically not doable i Wurm, and there is little interest it seems, looking at the very few answers. Still, Thanks @ctaylor77

On 12/24/2018 at 11:55 PM, ctaylor77 said:

great post!!