Sign in to follow this  
Iberis

Prem needed to drain deeds

Another Chaos related minor change requested! Again please like or dislike, not looking for drama.

Right now a brand new free to play toon without any fight skill or premium can drain a deed. Would love to see it changed so that only premium toons can drain a token. Maybe even Premium + 20fs like Hota pillars.

Another step towards fighting possible griefing and alt's used on Chaos would be the purpose of this change.

• Like 1

Well I'm being told that free to play toons have been used in the past to attack deeds to drain them. I haven't tested it (kind of hard for me to test). But I'm being told that there are no requirements on Chaos to drain a deed.

Edited by Iberis

i tried to drain a crappy deed once with an alt named throwaway to troll mclovin and wasn't able to without prem.  unless chaos is different to epic it's just bad rumors

20fs to block alt use seems ok to me though

Joey is unable to post but he says this..

Joey-Today at 4:49 AM

@Mizova if gary is right, the chaos code is different than epic since garaizzz could drain with 1fs

if that's the case then prem and +20 fs should be a requirement to drain a deed.

Edited by Rhianna

18 minutes ago, Iberis said:

Joey is unable to post but he says this..

Joey-Today at 4:49 AM

@Mizova if gary is right, the chaos code is different than epic since garaizzz could drain with 1fs

no idea what 1fs has to do with prem

• Like 1

Oh I think he meant the account was unpremmed and had 1fs. Sorry if that was not clear >.>

Edited by Iberis

if a non premium player can drain your deed. Why do you have a deed on chaos? :/

• Like 1

Wimble this topic has nothing to do with LoA, or "my deed". Please take your drama elsewhere.

This is a suggestion about changing a game mechanic in an attempt to combat potential and future alt abuse.. since the use of alts for griefing on Chaos seems to be on the rise. So this suggestion has nothing to do with my kingdom. I'm making it because it is for the good of Chaos.

21 minutes ago, Iberis said:

Wimble this topic has nothing to do with LoA, or "my deed". Please take your drama elsewhere.

This is a suggestion about changing a game mechanic in an attempt to combat potential and future alt abuse.. since the use of alts for griefing on Chaos seems to be on the rise. So this suggestion has nothing to do with my kingdom. I'm making it because it is for the good of Chaos.

You don't have to get defensive, Mizova. I am pretty sure he is referring about "Your deed" in general terms. As in, how did a 1fs alt got into any deed and drained the token. I do not think he is intentionally trolling you, or even referring to LoA. His question is very valid tho, and made me reconsider my posture.

For deeds, I do not think this change is necesary. The only time a 1fs alt would be able to drain a deed is: a) Your token is unprotected. b. Your deed was ravaged and the token opened ( and by that time anyone can drain the deed. See point a). Or c) No one was there to defend and you had no guards. Those 3 situations would mean you are doing it wrong, and you should by all rights be drained. The fact that the person doing the draining is a 1fs no prem alt or not is moot. Keep in mind, a single guard will keep any 1fs account out of your deed.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

It means that a kingdom could knock out all the token buildings and if it's "too risky" to jump down into the pit for a drain they could just throw down alts that could suicide in for the drain. Means that a group could just sit back and catapult the building. Then build a ramp or arm their alt army with sandwiches. Drop them into a pit and the people inside the pit defending get nothing for defending. Apparantly it has happened in the past and this suggestion has been made before. A spirit templar can be killed at the edge of the deed from a "safe location". It's not about a solo none prem alt causing an issue (so by the time the alts are used for draining the spirit templar will have been killed). It's about a kingdom or a group of players potentially using a risk free strat to drain deeds.

Also Angel, you must have missed all the other Wimble troll related posts to LoA lately if you really think that wasn't directed :P

• Like 1

It is a valid point though. Regardless. If it takes you more than 30 seconds to kill the alt, then you are either not defending the deed, or dont want to come out of your safemine, at which point it begs the question of how it would be any different from a main going down there and draining?

Don't get me wrong, I agree using alts for anything pvp to be "safe" is still wrong. But I don't think this is such a big issue as to need being addressed. Stopping a 1fs alt from draining a deed is easy enough, and the situations where it can be a problem are very far and in between, and honestly, very situational. Look what TC did at RiP. It wasn't safe to drain the token with such a high rock slope. So the guys surface mined the thing to water level to make the drains easier. Could they have used an alt? No. Any of t he defenders could had just come out and whacked it with a single hit of their huge axe.

All I know is this has been used in the past and with the rise in alts being used on Chaos lately - wouldn't surprise me if alts were sent to deeds to grief as much as possible. It only takes one alt to be missed for a deed to be drained and they can drop them in an unlimited number of times once they have the buildings down with 0 risk. It seems like such a simple mechanic to be changed since the same requirements being suggested are the same that hota pillars require to be capped. Besides if we are asking for fortifications to be made so that a player needs 20fs and prem why not include this as well to cover all bases.

Also there might be situations where nobody is logged in... but too scared incase someone is stealthed or might log in any minute leaving a player trapped inside a token pit... "oh I know what I'll do I'll drop an alt inside instead that way if someone logs in or unstealths.. yolo!"

You cata the deed on a main then send an alt into token pit to avoid risk of being jumped. +1 against any alt abuse as always

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Iberis said:

It means that a kingdom could knock out all the token buildings and if it's "too risky" to jump down into the pit for a drain they could just throw down alts that could suicide in for the drain. Means that a group could just sit back and catapult the building. Then build a ramp or arm their alt army with sandwiches. Drop them into a pit and the people inside the pit defending get nothing for defending. Apparantly it has happened in the past and this suggestion has been made before. A spirit templar can be killed at the edge of the deed from a "safe location". It's not about a solo none prem alt causing an issue (so by the time the alts are used for draining the spirit templar will have been killed). It's about a kingdom or a group of players potentially using a risk free strat to drain deeds.

Also Angel, you must have missed all the other Wimble troll related posts to LoA lately if you really think that wasn't directed :P

Didn't look at it that way. And no I'm not out to get you. :)

i dont pvp. dont like it. its not my style.. but i have to agree that this sounds like an easy to abuse feature...and if you raided the place before easy to leave a few alts logged out at token location to log in while everyone is busy defending the walls..might be thinking wrong. but yea. this could use fixing from the sound of it. and for once it wont affect pve players so big +1 :D 

+1 doesn't seem just, to allow all reward for no risk.